Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Club Locations Aero Fields

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Club Locations Aero Fields

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Prboz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Locations Aero Fields

Hi,

I'm in OZ and we are looking at setting up a new field. We have found some land but it is right on the outskirts of a small country town. It would be possible to fly over one or two houses if the wind was in the wrong direction for take off and landing.

Does anybody else have a field this close to a small township? Although we have a lot of clear land I am still concerned with the site.

Any in Australia?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM
STUKA BARRY

Default RE: Club Locations Aero Fields

Well, for 1, thats against AMA rules, and 2, no neighbor is going to put up with that for very long. Your field is doomed before it even gets started. Find another spot of land.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 AM
rcmiket

The AMA has no" rules" per say as far as site location and layout only recommendations. Flying over houses is never a good idea. I would look to get as far out as possible. No sense putting effort and money into something that won't be around long due to expansion.
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Zx70442.pdf (618.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to remember that this fellow is down in Australia, so AMA regulations have no bearing.

But on the other hand, I'd bet a cup of coffee that the potential neighbors would be just as unhappy with model planes flying over their houses as would folks up here.

Probably not a good idea, wherever he lives