Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How to You fly, after fighting with wife

My future wife loves the turbines and warbirds. she loves watching me fly and think its "neat" i know weird.... im lucky to have her and thats why i asked her to marry me, so i really feel for some of you guys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BobbyMcGee when are you going flying next? I need a new girlfriend 20% of the time! Lemme know! ROFL!
    I know...long way from you, just having fun!

boy lenhard you got it made. I think one of the issues is when the wife doesnt have a hobby. No matter how much time you spend on the "honey do" list, its never really enough to pay for a day of flying. Mine does not support the hobby. She comes out for big fly ins when there will be food! My doc ordered me to get back into planes because I have always been a workaholic, and after years the stress was really bad. So, I like some of you I say it keeps me out of booby bars, too much alcohol and keeps me from becoming a serial killer! It also allows me to be a happier, more loving husband and father. She just doesnt get it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just tell her, it's the best hobby in the world for her: She knows where you are all the time, either at the field or in the garage fixing.
    There are no women at the field, there is no alcohol and when the sun goes down everybody goes home.
    All your extra money goes to planes so there is no time or money for another woman.
    And the best advise , time management. I go to the field on weekends from sunrise to 1pm, the rest of the day I'm withe her and the kids
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW, I am really sorry to hear that some of your wives despise your hobby. I am truly blessed, because my wife encourages my hobby. We had a mess in the basement after closing our business and she spent a day last week organizing that mess so I could get to the workbench and get ready for some spring flying. She is my BEST FRIEND and she is absolutely awesome!
    Mike
    Waco Brotherhood #215/Ultra Sport Brotherhood #126

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I fly only when my wife approves, which is never! If I go to the airfield without permission she is likely to break my planes. She has already destroyed several including a partly built TF P-40. Pathetic, I know, but we have kids together and a divorce would be ugly. For you guys that have an understanding wife, you better kiss the ground she walks on and compliment her every chance you get. You just don't know how it could be if she didn't approve.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When vetting a prospective wife, its always good to set certain baseline expectations. I worked with another engineer at Rockwell who had a large Cincinnati Millicron milling machine in his bedroom when he met his wife. The milling machine stayed in the bedroom after they were married.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats not pathetic its abuse.

ORIGINAL: andernamen

I fly only when my wife approves, which is never! If I go to the airfield without permission she is likely to break my planes. She has already destroyed several including a partly built TF P-40. Pathetic, I know, but we have kids together and a divorce would be ugly. For you guys that have an understanding wife, you better kiss the ground she walks on and compliment her every chance you get. You just don't know how it could be if she didn't approve.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jpjamie

BobbyMcGee when are you going flying next? I need a new girlfriend 20% of the time! Lemme know! ROFL!
    I know...long way from you, just having fun!
    Hi jpjamie,
    You don't need my girlfriend. There are lots of them here, and good looking too!

It must be really cold up there. Today, it was75° here in South Florida!
    Sincerity ... Once you are able to fake that, there will be no stopping you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OMG, can you call the police or something? That is RC husband abuse and should be punished with jail time.

[/quote]
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

All women are evil(varying degrees) and just plane nuts. Main reasons I haven't been married !
    You are so wrong, or maybe I have one of a kind. I have my hobbies and she has hers. She knows when I say, I am going out to the field for a " Little bit " it could be hours. or a little bit
    but I am smart enough to have respect when we have something else going on not to be late. She can also go to her Sisters to help her with her computer and be gone for hours. so what.
    If she has something to say, its one time, that's it. she also loves me for who I am and I AM A RC FLYER PERIOD. So if she does not like your hobbies. she doesn't like you for who you are.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I met my wife, I mentioned that I had divorced the others because they chronically complained about me going flying, and told her that if she had any problems with it, she should say so now and save the lawyer's fees.

I typically would fly every other weekend, because she is off work every other weekend. When she was home, I usually stayed home to spend quality time with her, except for three or four times a year when it fell on a fly-in or swap-meet weekend. Should she have made plans on her days off, God help me if I questioned her wanting to do something without me. However, despite our early-relationship conversations, she complained constantly about my RC hobby, that it was a waste of time and money. Spending money herself was, of course, fine - and not to be questioned.

So I said fine, I quit flying, started writing books again, wrote the first novel - and it won an award. So, now we're paying for all the stuff it takes to process the book. It costs a whole lot more than the planes ever did. Plus, I spent three or four times as much of our "shared" time holed up in the writing room as I ever did flying. In my writing room, of course, I have a copy of RealFlight on my computer, and a bunch of my favorite models to choose from. Gotta keep those thumbs warm.

There. I did something different. Guess what she complains about now?

I get the thumbs-up now whenever I mention that I'm thinking of flying a little more. And that old saying applies. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

She's a good wife, and I think that complaining is part of a woman's makeup, something in their DNA/chromosomes. I don't even know if they're aware that they're doing it sometimes. Some days she's a keeper, some days she's one that I need to throw back in the lake. On those days, I have a policy of waiting a week to see if I still feel the same. If I do at the end of the week, I'll trade her in. So far, I haven't felt the same way after another day or so, much less a week, so I'm happy enough. Life is tough. No reason marriage shouldn't be just as tough. Sometimes you have to give a little, even if that just means shutting your trap and taking some sh^t from the little woman for a day or two. If it wasn't about planes, it would almost certainly be about something else. So I say keep flying, deal with the headaches and hassles, and don't hold it against her. Remember, there's probably something in OUR chromosomes that makes us want to go out in the middle of a field and stand there twiddling our thumbs for half the day. I'm sure they don't understand that, either.

Carry on bravely, my friends. ;^)

Jim
    J.M. Surra, author of AERODYNAMIC and
    T.I.T.O.R. - In early July of 1947, something crashed in Roswell, New Mexico. . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If she does things like that the only person it would be ugly for is her.

Dude seriously, you need to get that on tape and get a lawyer.

I wouldn't stick around for one second even if she was a billionaire if that happened.

That is the ultimate selfishness, and a whole other kind of evil they won't even make movies about.

Your children are suffering worse than you are with a woman like that. Don't make our kids go through that or they'll grow up just like her.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used to go water sking every 2 weeks and would blow $2-300 dollars every time (fuel and maintance) I met my wife, she didnt mind me sking bur when one of the boys brought his missus I would have the green eyed monster when I got back...After 6 years of putting up with this I stopped sking also because the croc were taking over our ski area.
    I went back to flying. She still wont have any thing to do with flying even my boys are into it... She just say we are u bunch of guys who just wont grow up.. At least I dont have the green eyed monster yet.. Then she complains that she is bored or has nothing to do..
    Women! Never happy.
    Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out \'\'Channel 35 clear!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"How to You fly, after fighting with wife "

Last time I had a fight with my fiance she went off shopping and I thought I would clear my head and have a fly. I was distracted and didn't screw in the wing bolts after just turning them in a couple of times.
    About 5 min into a flight my ME-109 had it's wing fall off and it went in like a meteor, strait into a crop field. I never found anything, even after hours of searching.
    So the moral of the story, don't fly after having a fight.

Overall she is lovely and we'll be married in a month, she encourages me to fly even though she gets bored of it, occasionally she will come and see the stang or p40 but she really wouldn't know the difference to a cessna though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are limits to what is acceptable in a marriage. IMO, ntentional destruction of a spouse's personal property crosses the line. This type of abusive behaviour is likely to spill over to other things. It's likely she thinks you'll stick around for the kids. Divorce might not seem like a good option, but at some point living under her rules only and her take it or leave it attitude might become too much to bear. Another question is whether her attitude results in a negative family environment that sets a bad example for the kids. Personally, Iwould carefully document each instance of abuse in case legal action becomes necessary.

AMA 87959

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3136

"How to You fly, after fighting with wife "

Last time I had a fight with my fiance, she wouldn't let me...
    TMIdude!

AMA 87959

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just jealous mate

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been married 10 years to a woman who has no use for any hobbies. She just wants to watch TV with me, go shopping with me, go to restaurants with me, do nothing with me doing nothing with her- you get the picture. For my wife, my hobbies weren't so much the issue as was her feeling that she had no control. It drove her nuts that I would plan a day to be away from her without getting her input on it, which of course brought out the complaining about the hobby (it was pistol competitions before it was airplanes). I, of course, felt henpecked and stifled by it and used to get angry at her. Then I understood that the real issue was control and her insecurities about it. It wasn't that I was doing something fun that was the problem. It was that I was announcing a day of fun for myself that didn't consider her wishes. So I started giving her the option to say no to my flying field days. Instead of "I'm going on Saturday to fly" it became "I'd like to go to the field on Saturday. Do you have anything you want to do that would conflict with that?" Maybe 5% of the time she does want me to stay home for a legitimate reason (at least in her mind) but the other 95% of the time I walk out the door with her smiling and come home to a happy wife, usually with dinner ready. By putting my hobby time in her hands so she can show love by giving it to me I have made it a good thing for her. I don't fly any more or any less than I would have by being a jerk about it, but I do have a better marriage because I got my priorities right and considered her feelings on the matter. She understands that my hobby time is important to my mental health, and is eager to let me have it.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3136

Just jealous mate [img][/img]
    Nah. They all come equipped with pretty much the same stuff. Right down to the nagging.

As for the area you referenced, that's not appropriate in here. Think family-friendly forum before you write.

Jim
    J.M. Surra, author of AERODYNAMIC and
    T.I.T.O.R. - In early July of 1947, something crashed in Roswell, New Mexico. . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andernamen,
    Time to sell the jewelry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, my wife, now ex-wife, only knew where the field was because we drove by it on the way to town. Like a fool, I played golf and participated in her art league adventures. Actually the people, for the most part were nice, but man that golf sure was a terror. Then she accused me of not being more involved in her art. This, while she never, ever, went to the field or anything else I did. First thing I did was get rid of the damn golf clubs. Bon Voyage toots.

Can't please everybody...ya gotta please yourself, or at least that's how I remember the song goes.

What a weight. Much better now.

Dick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, my wife, now ex-wife, only knew where the field was because we drove by it on the way to town. Like a fool, I played golf and participated in her art league adventures. Actually the people, for the most part were nice, but man that golf sure was a terror. Then she accused me of not being more involved in her art. This, while she never, ever, went to the field or anything else I did. First thing I did was get rid of the damn golf clubs. Bon Voyage toots.

Can't please everybody...ya gotta please yourself, or at least that's how I remember the song goes.

What a weight. Much better now.

Dick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THERE IS A SIMPLE EQUATION THAT I WAS TAUGHT MANY YEARS AGO THAT HAS PROVED TO BE TRUE SO "FAR.http://slipofmind.com/index.php/2010/08/interesting-equation/"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Never fighted with my wife, in 20+ years since we first met. In fact, I find somewhat funny and sexy when she gets mad at something and I simply canΒ΄t fight back.

She also likes my hobby, because I recharge my batteries with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast