Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 02:40 PM
plasticjoe
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retracts

Opinions ??

Mechanical ? Pneumatic ? B & D ? Robart ? what's your opinion on these ? I am thinking about getting a set of B & D pneumatics for a 40 sized model. Just wondering what's everyone's opinions on retracts. Thanks for your input. Have a safe holiday.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Low Level J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retracts

I have a40 size P-51d Mustang, "Sweet Thing" Its got retracts and there a pain in the ass! We took about 3 weeks to put them in and make sure that there straight. And then we had make sure that they were strong engouh for a grass field.
What takes so long is making sure they will go back in straight. Once my right landing gear did'nt go up straight and when i droped the gears to landed i had the left gear straight and the right one was turn 90degrees the wrong way. I got the plane down and all was ok. But im running a .61 K&B "more power and theres not to much wieght difference between the .40 and .61. It flyes alittle heavy with retracts but then again i have the power.I using Dave Brown retracts.