Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Am I the only one.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Am I the only one.....

I get the same time outs when looking at the classifieds.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some thing is happening I can open a long thread and not have to waite I am going to see if I can find my old build thread.

And this post went right on line
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought it seemed to be running better but I just got this error after posting when trying to go back to the main clubhouse page:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Transaction (Process ID 216) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

/forum/js/globalSessionFunction.asp, line 41
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, RCU has become a classic example for an MBA case study entitled, "The Death of a Web Site". Whether thru incompetence, ineptness, lack of funding or just poor business management, the site, once quite well respected and well run, has degenerated to the point of being almost unusable. Site management has provided little more than lip service with promises of change, improvement and a return to prior years' performance. Certainly, it's difficult to determine wherein the problem lies from the user's point of view, but it takes little internet experience to determine that the blame lies well up the line, either with the ISP at the server's source, the installed equipment or the software. Either way, it's not better and has not improved.

Rather than prattling on about what is being done or what is being planned, it would be much more respectful simply to state the obvious: The current ownership has no intention of investing the time, money and resources to bring the site up to a reasonable standard, but simply to milk the advertisers, sellers and users of funds until the site collapses of it's own volition.

I manage a good portion of an installation with ~ 7000 computers and well over 10,000 user accounts. If our operation performed at this level for 48 hours, I would be looking for a job. The performance of RCU is the same, whether I surf from home or monitor the site at work. Our network throughput at work runs over half a terabit/second most of the day. It's not my equipment and not my pipe that has a problem.

I would prefer that RCU simply say, "RCU is broken; we know it's broken; we can't or won't fix it; thank you for your support and goodbye."