Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I've been robbed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 10:07 AM
cockatoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been robbed!

Well, today between from when I left for work and lunch someone broke into my storage building and got ALL of my planes and equipment.

1. Futaba 8uaps trsansmitter ch.31

2. World Models P-51 Mustang, OS 70FS, retracts and 4 3001 servos

3. TT Super Decathlon, YS 91 FS, 4 3001 servos

4. Hobico Starter with dual Pahrana 1500s

5. Metered NiStarter

5. My freakin fuel can, can you believe this?

6. Rascal Electric

7. Zagi electric

8. Hobbico sailplane

9. Smart Charger (there goes $100)

If anyone in the South GA area comes across any of my stuff, please let me know who you got it from so I can kill them.

slowly.

Old 01-02-2003, 12:51 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Ouch! that really does bite the big one.

Post some more info about the planes, so we can keep an eye out..
Old 01-03-2003, 03:49 PM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

Cockatoo,

It's not much, but we at RCAirport would like to GIVE you something to help ease the pain and publicize the loss.

Head over to www.rcpilot.com and create your own Website with a cool design. Take it live with a credit card and when you do, send an email to "[email protected]" and let us know. We will credit your card and give you a full year of free service! You'll have your own Website instantly and without any programming experience needed!

Again, it's not much, but we'd like to make your day a bit nicer.

Thanks for being a member of RCAirport.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Spratt

There may be a bright side to all, though....

Just think, after the insurance company reimburses you (hopefully at least the total of the stolen items, if not more), you'll be able to have one heck-uv-a shopping spree at the hobby store!

-steve
Old 01-13-2003, 10:10 PM
millspec

Did you file a police report? One of the things the military taught me is to mark everything I own. I have marked everything and give the info to the cops which identify my stuff beyond any doubt if it comes up missing. I had a car stereo which I got back from the cops that was stolen by some lowlife crackhead. They didn't hesitate one bit to return it to me. The last 4 of your SSAN, AMA #, etc., can be used. That way, you don't have to write down all of the serial numbers of the stuff you got (ok, I'm so anal that I do that...and more). Those numbers and a cheap electric engraver...you're in business. About the only thing it won't mark is Jello. Sorry to hear about your stuff. I live in N. FL and will keep my eyes peeled.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:57 PM
FHHuber
Banned

With a police report, and evidence of a break-in, the AMA (assuming you are a member) will reimburse you for a portion of the loss. (I think its $1000) This might cover your homeowner's deductible.

Note... you can't make a profit on the loss by claims filed with mltiple insurance carriers. You have to report to each what the others are doing. But chances are... your labor in building the models would bring the value of them FAR above the kit + finishing material costs. Don't forget any part of thier value when making the claim. (especially for contest quality aircraft.)
Old 01-20-2003, 04:57 PM
manks7477

I feel your pain, although not at the same level.

I had just finished my first plane, broke in the engine OS 46 LA and had a nice little 7 ch. Futaba radio. Some punk kid stole it all out of my garage before I even had the chance to get it in the air.

Best of Luck, I hope your insurance policy is paid up, it made the sting a bit softer for me.

manks
Old 02-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Stop Please.... Your reminding me of my first divorce!
Old 02-11-2003, 02:46 PM
iflircaircraft

YES STOP!!
Reminds me of my first THREE divorces!!!.
Insurance doesn't cover loss by "A woman once SCORNED!!!.
LOL
Tom
Old 02-13-2003, 06:53 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Cockatoo, I suppose you are well aware that the big Perry Swapmeet is coming up in a couple of weeks. If I were you, I'd be there very early and checking every table. That'd be a prime place for the thief to try and move all your stuff.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Yes! and if you go to Perry take along a pair of channel locks. They may be useful on his nuts to tell you where the rest of your stuff is. The police are of little help. I bought me and my wife real nice bicycles a few years ago and they were stolen right off of our front porch. I called the Sheriff's office and made an official report and got a case number and then went driving around and found some young punk in the next neighborhood with her bike right in the front yard. He hauled butt inside the house as soon as he recognized my van. I had my Glock but decided to let my tax dollars do the talking and went home and called the Sheriff's office and reported what I seen. I was told not to confront or get into any contact with the dirtbag, they were sending a deputy right over. Well that was three years ago and he still hasn't showed up, my tax dollars at work. I found both bikes later in a pawn shop and showed the owner the receipt for the bikes. It took a little bit of arm twisting but he sold me back both bikes for $10 each.