Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Reasons Why I Like RC Airplanes

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Reasons Why I Like RC Airplanes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
badbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasons Why I Like RC Airplanes

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view>Normal</w:view><w:zoom>0</w:zoom><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="156" deflockedstate="false"></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

The main reason I like RC airplanes isn't the "RC" part, it's just the love of airplanes, mostly WWII warbirds.

Flying RC gives you some of the enjoyment of flying full scale aircraft, but the neat thing about modeling is being able to see how cool your planes look in the air, especially when they are scale looking.

Floats are fun things that add a lot of enjoyment, and if you live on a lake, there’s nothing better than sitting on your back porch with a can of Coke beside you and your transmitter in your hands.

In the end if you crash your life’s not at stake (unless you crash into yourself) and your repairs don’t cost thousands of dollars, just a few bucks.

Since I began flying I have learned a little about aeronautics and a lot about depth perception.

All these things add up to a learning experience everyone should enjoy.

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view></w:worddocument></xml>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36123.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1739427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21580.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1739428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13247.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1739429   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28280.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1739430  
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Reasons Why I Like RC Airplanes

Welcome to RCU. Your first post sums it up for a lot of us. I also like trying to master a new manuver. It keeps it interesting.

David
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sums it up for me too. I don't build much anymore but still modify and customize. I love float/sea plane flying too. We have 2-3 float fly events a year and they are a hoot !
Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the fact that with a little work and not a ton of money I can have any plane I want...some might be a little more work than others.
The people I have met in RC are great too. Welcome to RCU, I have met some great guys in here.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM
badbug

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm sure That I will love it here at RCU!!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

They are pretty great. Like that guy said in the latest Model Aviation, the RC planes are more fun to do aerobatics with, as you actually can see the plane going through the maneuver vs being in it, where you just see the terrain go around and around.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Float flyin's great! We've gotten away from it here, but may revive it this summer.

Gabe35, both your land and water sites look great. Is that a large pond, and what airstrip?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
badbug

The float site is a channel, and we use the taxiway at the airport, because we have bricks on the club nylon strip so the winter storms don't blow it away.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
kopperlis123
Banned

Float flyin's great! We've gotten away from it here, but may revive it this summer.