Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hello to all!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Universalrebelution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to all!

Hello RCU community! I wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is mike and I am new to this hobby. Im 25 years old and will be purchasing my first trainer really soon. I have decided to go with the E-Flight apprentice. You will never hear me claim to know more then I do and you will also never hear me claim to have more experience then I do. I am humbled to learn from everyone here. I am excited to start mu RC journey and will continue lurking around the forums soak up as much information as I can. Have a great day!

Mike
Delray Beach FL
Old 04-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hello to all!

Welcome Mike,
there are lots of great people here at RCU, don't ever hesitate to ask if you are not sure on something..

Jimbo
Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Universalrebelution

Thanks Jimbo.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:45 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome aboard. Check out the forums as they are packed full of info from so many members. If you have questions, just ask, one of the RCU members will have the solution for you. Good Luck, Dave
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

Welcome aboard. Check out the forums as they are packed full of info from so many members. If you have questions, just ask, one of the RCU members will have the solution for you. Good Luck, Dave

See Mike,
it didn't take long for one of the good ones to join in.................
Old 04-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Universalrebelution

Most definatly , i appreciate all you guys.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM
pdm52956

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the addiction Mike. You can't go back..........ask me how I know.

You will find many extremely helpful people here as well as some other sites. You'll find them as you cruise around the internet. If you ask a question, some will answer right away with good information because they've been there and done that. Their experience counts for a lot when you're learning.

Some will ask questions based on your question. There might be some more information needed from you in order to give you the best answer. Don't take it any other way.

Then you will find the "others". I'm not going to BS you, there are people on all the forum sites that are just plain rude and obnoxious. Don't let them bother you if you stumble across one. You'll know who they are in quick fashion. Problem gets to be that some of these people have some of the best information and you just have to overlook personalities.

Never let the frustration get to you. We all get frustrated at something, sometime, but if you're like me you suffer enough frustration during your every day life and flying actually takes it away........even if it's only for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

So, enough said. I hope you find yourself enjoying RC as much as just about anyone I've ever met that has tried it. It's just plain fun and you can't beat that!

Happy flying.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Universalrebelution

Awesome! I'm not too worried about the obnoxious people. It is very hard to offend me. I have tough skin. also i take the approach that no one owes me anything as far as information goes so before i ask questions i will make sure i do a thuro search on the forum. I really appreciate the lengthy responce. I cant wait to buy my plane its so freaking excited! Hah im using my iphone so im also tryin to figure out how to use spell check on here so i apologize for my grammar ahead of time.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and enjoy a whole new experience.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome ! the Apprentice is a very good first plane. You can eventually put a set of floats on it and fly off of the water ! My advice is to join a club and learn from those folks as well. Have an experienced pilot check out your plane and take it up for you the first time to get it trimmed out properly then they can hand the controls over to you for awhile. Stick with that person for a few flights and soon you will be taking off by yourself and eventually landing it too!
If you can use a flight simulator before and in between flights...better yet!