Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Saito 270 T twin FS

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
enforcer158
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 270 T twin FS

Aloha from Hawaii.
I would like some input on my newest project I'm about to get started. 1st of all, I recently aquired an un-used (brand new/old) saito 270 twin fs and am planing to install it in my new 105" citabria which I got from general hobby, the plane calls for a 50cc size gas engine, the saito is 43cc nitro twin. Will this be 1)too big? or 2)too heavy? I know the real citabria doesn't have any fins/engines sticking out from both sides, I guess mine will, ha,ha.
Has anyone had expierence with twins, this is my first twin, all my other engine from .50 to .180 are saito's.
Any help or advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for all your responses.
Mahalo from Kauai, Hawaii.
Sincerely, Mike.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Saito 270 T twin FS

That engine will fly the Citabria fine, but don't expect any 3-D hovering. What you'll really enjoy is the smoothness of the twin, and the sound.  It will fly very scale-like.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM
enforcer158
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Saito 270 T twin FS

Aloha Eddie C.
Thank you for you answer and opinon, I'll take under advisement. I don't do any 3D yet, just putt around the field and some simple areobatics.
Mahalo and Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii.
Sincerely, Mike.