The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

STOLEN MOWER! THIEVES!

Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default STOLEN MOWER! THIEVES!

Well....after being at our current location since 2003 without incident thieves have stolen our mower. Not just a mower but the heart of our club. Through scrimping and scrounging we got up enough money to buy a used Grasshopper 721K with a 72" front deck ZTR mower with a Kubota 21 hp 3 cylinder gasoline ( not diesel) engine. Lots of hard work but over the last few winters we have raised the funds to overhaul the hydros and rebuild the deck. It was starting to be a good mower and did a good job mowing our 700'x 240' grass field.

We kept it locked down in our steel shelter house that we also erected, but to no avail thieves have stolen our hard work. Luckily we have insurance but that is not my point. The point is...why are there people in this world that find pleasure in destroying other's pride and investment through theft? As far as I am concerned these types are no more than the scum of the earth and are no better than murderers and rapists. Pure living human trash.

My advise to all of you is to make sure you lock your valuables up but even at that, if thieves want to steal something they will become more determined in their efforts and succeed in stealing whatever they have their criminal minds and eyes set upon.

The good thing about all this is that it will not stop our club from enjoying our hobby and hopefully the theives will eventually get caught. Maybe not for stealing our mower but for some other illegal activity that thieves involve themselves in. It is well noted that thieves are not just thieves and involve themselves in other illegal activity.

It's just kinda hard to stomach and makes me mad.

Thieves are like flies. All they do is buzz around, eat *****, and bother people!!

Anybody else out there have something similar to share?

Here are a couple pictures of our mower. Keep an eye out for her please?
If you see this mower call me. 419-636-3063 Bryan, Ohio

SPEEDY
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53980.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1753347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31757.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	1753348  
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM
foodstick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: STOLEN MOWER! THIEVES!

A nearby club had a similar type mower stolen a couple years ago, they put up some reward posters and the thieves were caught only miles away.. They had repainted it black, and been spotted spinning doughnuts in front of their property ...

They put a decent price on the reward, and got it back ..a little worse for wear.. but useable. not sure if they ever collected any damages.. you know the old blood / turnip story I am sure....
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That stinks and it leaves you with a terrible feeling that lasts for awhile. We had some heroin addicts breaking into our flying field buildings a year ago. They must have worked for an hour trying to break-in and finally got two hinges busted loose enough for one of them to squeeze their skinny arse in but after all the damage to the doors they didn't take or couldn't take out anything.
Also had someone steal some decorative wheel barrows I was building and selling right out of my front yard last year too. Came prepared with bolt cutters and even took the flowers planted inside. Ironic thing is that I gave away the last four that didn't sell anyway!
To me there is nothing worse than a thief except for a murderer. They are all cut from the same cloth.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 AM
AmishWarlord

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I disagree, the thieves' families and their lawyer are worse.

A crackhead decided to break into an Army/Navy store I worked at as a kid. All the doors and windows had not bars, but blast shields on them so he decided to break in through the roof. He chopped and pried his way into the roof with a hammer and crow bar. Once he got the preverbal hole the size of his head done he squeezed in. He dropped 10 feet to the attic floor. Fell right through the 80 year old floor that was put down in 1908 then proceeded to fall though the second floor and into the first floor. He landed on the counter and hit his head on the huge antique brass cash register breaking his neck. Next day we open the store to find a dead body on the counter highlighted in the dark by the new sky light.

Well guess what, his family came forward, not to offer to pay for the damages caused by their wayward family member, but to sue for the loss of the dearly departed loved one.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 AM
AmishWarlord

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hope this thief cheers you up some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAbEjDzexs
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 AM
outdoorhunting

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As long as we have liyers, er, I mean lawyers getting the scum off ,this will be the case ! In the old days if a feller caught you stealing from him, you would more than likely get the crap beat out of you. You then wouldn't go back to his house. Now days, the victim would call the cops who wouldn't dare violate the thief's rights, treat him with kid gloves,take him to jail where he could get checked out to make sure nowbody had injured him in any way. (Our tax dollars paying for it). Even though he was caught red-handed in your garage with YOUR tools in his hands he will plead not guilty !!! His liwyer, oops, (I did it again) I meant lawyer would get him off ( need I say, getting paid with OUR tax money !!) We all have rights,that is untill we get victimized be some crook. Then he automatically has ALL the rights transferred to him & we have none !!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The really sad part is that it won't get any better soon. There is no accountability. So what, they get caught. Then what.........

Raise a brat, grow up a brat.....
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM
flyinwalenda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I should add, the pair that broke into our buildings were caught selling stuff stolen elsewhere to a scrapyard. They were charged, out on bail and the one moron was caught breaking into a mini-mart. In jail now for the minimum time(hand slap) and restitution from them will come when that hot place freezes over.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Speedy-Gonzales

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YES!!...as a "believer" I have the sataisfaction of knowing these people will stand before a Judge that knows all and will slap the truth in their faces and that judgment will be forever.

I notice that many of you have used the words "addict" and "crackheads". That is my suspicion also.

There are farm auctions in the tri-state area here in N/W Ohio and I am planning to show up at a few in the near future. You never know what may show up but as mentioned in an earlier post. These lowlifes tend to use stolen items for 4-wheeling games and drunken excitement. Shows you the mentality of these types.

Heck when I was a young buck and out for some excitement I was looking for some 2-legged fun....not stealing or something with tires on it!

Thanks for your comments. Keep them coming. I really like the story about he total moron that broke through the roof and fell 2 floors to his death. He may have not deserved to die but he asked for it anyways! Ironic that he hit his head on the cash register. That is almost laughable!

So sad....too bad...boo hoo!

Prisons and cemetaries are full of people that thought they were invincible.

SPEEDY
Old 04-22-2012, 06:35 AM
AmishWarlord

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well three story fall from the roof to the first floor.

Unlucky for him this broke his fall.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46601.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1753526  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 AM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My house was burglarized in 1994 and 2004. Even though I have insurance it is a sick feeling. None of my stuff was recovered. I hope your case turns out better.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We had 2 Lawn Tractor Mowers stolen one time, the worst part was that they didn't steal them to use at home or somewhere else, they stole them and used them as crash cars, and crashed them into each other, then drove them into a nearby Lake where they were found in about 2 feet of water, totaled one of them and the other has not worked well since; stealing is bad enough, but stealing for the purpose of destroying what you you stole seems worse, a waste, and considering we had no insurance, at least if they were stolen and not destroyed and we recovered them, we wouldn't be out the money to replace one and repair the other one.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 AM
AmishWarlord

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah they have absolutely no consideration for their fellow man's loss to their profit, or even thier own risk to reward.

One of my co workers car was broken into. Someone smashed her side window. $250 in damage and a car full of broken glass to still ΒΆ.75 in change out of the cup holder.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

People steal for two reasons. The thrill of the event or they need currency. In either case you can't stop it.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 AM
red head

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I blame the courts and lawers for being whimps . They need to get stiffer on the penalities ( I mean STIFF ) . Why should we have to pay all the time for their stupidity and lazyness.

Maybe if the courts did a better job there would't be so much crime. You kill~~ you die ~~ NOW not in 20 yrs.

You steal or mame, you get the works and have to pay, even if it's digging ditches. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We had a thief in our club and weren't aware, as he was stealing out-of-state. When he was found out, it gave the club a black eye as the victims assumed we knew of his deeds. I hate to say it, but it's possibly a neighbor or club member.

Keep an eye on craigslist, and visit or call all the mower shops in your area with 'Wanted' posters.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
smperry
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The vermin will get in and steal whatever they want. Locks, cameras and such only keep honest people out.

One positive preemptive step is to record all serial numbers and takes lots of close up photos of whatever your club owns and keeps at the field. That info may have been turned in to the insurance company, but duplicates need to be kept OFF SITE. It is important to have them handy for the investigating officer. The police have the ability to get those numbers to local pawn shops. Doing so in a timely manner can often get you your goods back and maybe even make it a bad day for the scum who robbed you.

sp
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Silverwing
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A couple of months ago thieves stole my 6 x 12 enclosed trailer. Inside were two planes, radio, support equipment and assorted other items. They stole it while my wife and I were asleep inside the house. Through a series of events these low lifes were caught and are now in jail. The local sheriff investigator has recovered all my planes and equipment but not the trailer or a couple of extra items. These people were brave enough or stupid enough to steel 2 other trailers that night as well as a 4 wheeler right out of the back of a pickup truck in the peoples driveway the same night. Now I am challanged with getting myself and grandson to the field with our planes. Insurance will cover $1500 dollars of the trailer cost so that leaves me to come up with around $800 to replace the trailer. In these times that is tuff to do. I hope you also find those who took your mower. I am originally from the Ft. Wayne, In area and now live in Georgia so these problems are everywhere. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Speedy-Gonzales

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes...we had all the serial numbers off the mower and engine plus we took pictures. This mower is unique and I would know it no matter what color it may be now or even if the serial and model numbers have been removed.

Seems like if these fools would be as persistant at getting an honest job, as they are being involved in criminal activity, they might amount to something.

Our earth is not in turmoil. The people that live on it most certainly are.

Whenever I see a parent appeasing an unruley kid in Walmart I think to myself....yep....there's another one! Come to think of it....you never see an Amish or Mennonite kid throwing a fit in a superstore.

SPEEDY
Old 04-22-2012, 12:43 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm neither Amish nor Mennonite but I can say one thing, my two NEVER threw a fit in ANY store. One guess why.......and both are well adjusted, productive members of society today.

And therein lies the problem today.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have always wished for a theif to have a set of balls. Okay, you want to steal from me... okay, but do it while I am home. Like the guys who stole the gas tank out of my Caroline Skiff a few years ago. They didn't siphon the $4.90 a gallon gas, they took the whole damn custom ordered 27 gallon tank! Okay guys, do it while I am home and let's see how important that gas is to you....
Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 PM
flyntruk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I feel bad for  your loss . I too was a victim of theft that really pissed me off . My AV was stolen along with  some others . What can you do ?Look into hiddn GPS monitors, that you can track from your computer . .   The cops are to busy doing whatever they do .Y ou have to protect yourselves . look into this , there are many options . Good luck ...
Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM
outdoorhunting

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup, you're right Redhead ! The quickest way to stop this crap. When the "perp" pleads innocent & is proven guilty, the liwyer, oops, lawyer gets the SAME sentence that he does !! Lawyers are 90% cause of ALL our trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it, lawyers get the crooks off using mostly our money.ALL judges are lawyers. Probably 90% of politicians are lawyers using our money. Our government was set-up by mostly lawyers, but that was back when lawyers actually had morals !!! I guess you guys can tell I don't care much for that profession, huh ?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yet where I grew up, that's what everyone went to school for, because of the money. Even though that profession adds NO real value to society.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Hope this thief cheers you up some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAbEjDzexs