The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The excellent customer service at Tower Hobbies

Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
mick1404

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The excellent customer service at Tower Hobbies

G'day

I am am Australian in the United States for work related purposes and I would just like to give a big thank you to the staff at Tower Hobbies for their professionalism and understanding regarding an AustralianRC addict coming to the US and wanting to purchase goods whilst in your country. They went out of their way to ensure my order went through without any issues. I know there is nothing better than going to your local hobby shop but beinga temporary resident of the United States, I haven't yet found any good hobby shops close to where I am in Tacoma, WA. As I will be here in the United States for approx 3 months, I hope to find a flying club that will allow licencedinternational pilots to fly and meet some local folks. As I mentioned earlier, thanks again to the staff at Tower Hobbies and I will definitely be making purchases from them in the not too distant future, from the United States and whe I get back to Australia.

Cheers
Mick1404
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The excellent customer service at Tower Hobbies

This is why I am so happy to order from Tower. I know full well they sell good stuff, and if the postal service mangles it somehow or it's defective they'll stand behind it. It may be pricier than Hobbyking but I know full well I'll get a good deal.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, Tower Hobbies still has the best service policies in the industry. You get something broken, wrong or just plain don't want it, they will make it right. The ONLY complaint I have with Tower is that their economy shipping is not as fast as it once was. There was a time not so long ago that an order was picked, packed and shipped within 24 hours and got from Illinois to Arkansas in three days, you could bank on it. Not true today. An order is not picked and shipped for a couple days and the UPS/USPS combo that they are using takes longer. I ordered six props from them last Tuesday and they are not here yet. In the old days, that would not have happened. However, I am absolutely sure that when those props arrive, if I don't like them for any reason, Tower will do whatever I want to make me happy. For that reason, I will tolerate their eroded shipping times.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mick,
Put the postal zip code in the search box at http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx to find clubs in the area. You should have no problems finding flying buddies.

edited to add

I remember reading that MAAC (Canada) and the AMA have an arrangement where members can cross the borders and still have their insurance. It is possible the same arrngement exists with the Australian organization.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 PM
jayjay283

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

An order is not picked and shipped for a couple days and the UPS/USPS combo that they are using takes longer. I ordered six props from them last Tuesday and they are not here yet. In the old days, that would not have happened.

In the REAL OLD DAYS (70s OMG) you had to order their catalog, send in an order (with YES an envelope and stamp) on a form with a check or money order and wait and wait. LOL at 1 week for props. You do know if you pay more they will do it first and overnight it. Look at the shipping options
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Exactly my point. If you pay more they can do a better job.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 PM
jayjay283

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah I see what you point is about why would you have to pay extra to make people hustle, but I have worked in an office that had a warehouse (lol) the squeaky wheel always got the grease or he who tipped best got priority. Its pretty much that way with everything today. Gotta pay to be gangsta
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 AM
scottrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

An order is not picked and shipped for a couple days and the UPS/USPS combo that they are using takes longer. I ordered six props from them last Tuesday and they are not here yet. In the old days, that would not have happened.

In the REAL OLD DAYS (70s OMG) you had to order their catalog, send in an order (with YES an envelope and stamp) on a form with a check or money order and wait and wait. LOL at 1 week for props. You do know if you pay more they will do it first and overnight it. Look at the shipping options
Ah, the good ol days when the shipping was $0.75 and the terms were 4 to 6 weeks. Priority for $1.75 and was two weeks. And what about checking the "substitute" box in case the item was out of stock, they could substitute.

Now I pay through the nose for overnight delivery just to have the items sit on my desk for a week while I procrastinate working on the build or going flying
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I usually opt for the ~$8 shipping and have my stuff within three days. Even my NexSTAR got here blisteringly fast that way, and that box was nearly as tall as I am.

the only thing that took a while was my micro heli, and that was because I ordered it on December 26th.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM
jayjay283

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: scottrc

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

Ah, the good ol days when the shipping was $0.75 and the terms were 4 to 6 weeks. Priority for $1.75 and was two weeks. And what about checking the ''substitute'' box in case the item was out of stock, they could substitute.

Now I pay through the nose for overnight delivery just to have the items sit on my desk for a week while I procrastinate working on the build or going flying

The substitute box !! I had completely forgot about that. 4-6weeks wait then the order didnt have what you needed most, so the next order you clicked substitute and got something like a surprise grab bag item that may or may not work LOL