Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HOBBY king going down the tube?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBY king going down the tube?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Tarasdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOBBY king going down the tube?

ORIGINAL: eddieC

They know enough not to invest more than they care to lose.
Bingo. Never spend more at Hobby King than you're willing to write off as a bad investment.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

You guys seem to have some great ideas, why dont you get together and start up your own version of HK?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM
startazz

As far as Hobbyking CS goes i've seen a few comments over on there twitter posts, Live chat is back online and they have just trained a bunch of new staff,so i'd say things should be looking up rather than going down the tube.

After the five years i've been buying from HK i've never had anything to complain about (touch wood),i've just seen a rather sweet ME-163 Komet i'll be getting at the end of this month,by the looks of things they must be doing something right as the Komet sold out with in a couple of hours.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: startazz

As far as Hobbyking CS goes i've seen a few comments over on there twitter posts, Live chat is back online and they have just trained a bunch of new staff,so i'd say things should be looking up rather than going down the tube.

After the five years i've been buying from HK i've never had anything to complain about (touch wood),i've just seen a rather sweet ME-163 Komet i'll be getting at the end of this month,by the looks of things they must be doing something right as the Komet sold out with in a couple of hours.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html
Now it remains to be seen how good they are..
Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Topspin,

How many times have we heard that? About once a month? The shills are at it again I see.

A SHILL:
a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a confidence game, or online retailer, etc.
a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

Frank
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

I have never heard of a SHILL
Sounds like your definition of a shill is.
1. Someone with who's opinions I disagree.
2. A presons who has a reasoned approach.

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Topspin,

How many times have we heard that? About once a month? The shills are at it again I see.

A SHILL:
a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a confidence game, or online retailer, etc.
a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

Frank
Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Unsatisfied HK buyers can be likened to full-scale retractable pilots forgetting to lower the undercart:

'There's those that have, and those that will.'    
Old 05-21-2012, 05:03 PM
radial1951

WOW! Was this thread really started because of some "damage" that can only be seen with a magnifying glass?

I was going to write a big story about my 66(!) orders from HK, inluding 7 aircraft, complete with a few "issues", but was worried you might think I am a SHILL (just looked that one up, never heard the word before...).

Some of you guys must have secret access to HK's CS records. Only one happy HK customer to every unhappy one? Great detective work. Well done. Who cares what HK's building looks like. Or even if they have a building.

You actually let your order sit there for 1 YEAR because an item was "out of stock"? Surely you are kidding us...

A pack of whingers just looking for something to complain about. The perfect bandwagon.

Regards, RossG
radial1951

Old 05-21-2012, 06:30 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seamus, That's not my definition. go back and read the definition again. Slowly this time. I understand that you may have never heard of the term shill, but that's OK! Now look the word SHILL up in the dictionary. If you don't have a dictionary, just type SHILL in your search bar.

Then you can read and understand what a SHILL is. See, you CAN learn something everyday.

Frank

Old 05-21-2012, 06:55 PM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

Some of you guys just have way too much time on your hands. Fun thread, I think I'll go fly my Horizon heli with my HK batteries.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:56 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

more unfounded over exaggeration,, how do you know how many good vs. bad experiences their customers have

Scale, you were really just joking with that post. Weren't you? You really aren't defending HK (Hobby King). If you are serious, you must have some vested interest.

Wake up man, read the writing on the wall.

I don't defend Hobby King,, it is what is is,, If in this day and age you order from them you take the risk.

But, I don't sit by and let pepople make exagerated claims without calling them on it,,

Topspin's post was BS in my oh so respectful opinon

have a nice day
Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 AM
topspin

more unfounded over exaggeration,, how do you know how many good vs. bad experiences their customers have

Scale, you were really just joking with that post. Weren't you? You really aren't defending HK (Hobby King). If you are serious, you must have some vested interest.

Wake up man, read the writing on the wall.

I don't defend Hobby King,, it is what is is,, If in this day and age you order from them you take the risk.

But, I don't sit by and let pepople make exagerated claims without calling them on it,,

Topspin's post was BS in my oh so respectful opinon

have a nice day

Oh that's alright because I feel much the same about the majority of your posts as well. By the way, I don't know if you heard but Hobby King is going down the drain. You may have to find another discount hobby store. Fortunately there are lots of them.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 AM
scale only 4 me

Because you say it on the Internet it makes it true? What evidence do you have to back up your statements?

People too often state things as Fact, when they are just stating their opinion,,, all you have to do to clarify this is add a couple words like "I think" or "In my Opinion" aka IMO.

Try it, you might like it
Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 AM
topspin

Because you say it on the Internet it makes it true? What evidence do you have to back up your statements?

People too often state things as Fact, when they are just stating their opinion,,, all you have to do to clarify this is add a couple words like ''I think'' or ''In my Opinion'' aka IMO.

Try it, you might like it

Oh don't take my word for it, listen to the hundreds of complaints a week all over the internet. Everyone has this completely wrong idea that there are millions of people in this hobby. This hobby is mostly old men over 50 and mostly in the US and if the truth be told probably less than 200,000 cause ther just arent that many old guys running around messing with toy airplanes.

As for HK, it's a fact their sales are way down and will continue to go down until they start providing some service. There is a lot of competition now and they do provide customer service. Hobby King has to get over the BOHICA business model and get with it. We all said it a long time ago and here it is. They may not go under but they will be relegated to mom and pop status in short order as the competition ( Leaders, LowPrice, Hobby Parts, HeadsUp, and a dozen tothers) blow their doors off.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 AM
GlennZ

The general consensus from this forum is that if you order from HK your rolling the dice. The important thing to take away from this is that you get what you pay for and 1st time customers of HK should be aware that they will receive no tech support, or customer service like you would at Tower or Horizon. Though if your willing to roll the dice you can get some good Chinese crap on the cheap. End of Story
Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM
radial1951

ORIGINAL: topspin

As for HK, it's a fact their sales are way down and will continue to go down until they start providing some service... We all said it a long time ago and here it is...
topspin, Where on earth do you get all these "facts"? Who is "we all"? Funny, I don't remember saying that.

Your ideas on the demographic of this hobby seem way off, IMHO. Yes, I'm an old man over 50, and a member of two RC clubs totalling about 120 members. Their average age is far less than mine. When I was in that age group, RC was a very expensive hobby, relative to incomes...

There must be more to your anti - Hobby King raving than I can see. It verges on bitterness, almost hoping HK will go under.

Maybe it's just the "tall poppy syndrome"...

Reagards, RossG
radial1951

Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

IAM DONE WITH HOBBY KING ILL PAY MORE AND GET IT FROM THE USA
Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
spog1

As for HK, it's a fact their sales are way down and will continue to go down until they start providing some service.
Fact?
Always look for the truth, just don't look for it in topspin's posts.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

[quote]ORIGINAL: countilaw

No, you are not even close. The definition given in the prior message is correct.

I am amazed how people in this forums lie in a shameless manner posting idiotic false statements. And say things w/o having any backing or sources, whatsoever. Do people really believe that if you say "their sales are down the drain" anyone is going to believe them? Granted, we play with toys, and I am proud of mine:-) But some of us are grown ups, and a lot of interaction here is at sand-box level really...

That's it, now I get off the soap box.

Gerry
PS: I started purchasing from HK 4 or 5 years ago 5000 lipos, and I had 2 problems. In one case a battery arrived dead, and in another 2 lipos arrived (not 3 as ordered). In both cases 2 weeks later the case was solved to my satisfaction. I just logged in using my name and password, and started a claim (on-line). And from then on they solved the problem. do not use the phone...
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: GlennZ

The general consensus from this forum is that if you order from HK your rolling the dice. The important thing to take away from this is that you get what you pay for and 1st time customers of HK should be aware that they will receive no tech support, or customer service like you would at Tower or Horizon. Though if your willing to roll the dice you can get some good Chinese crap on the cheap. End of Story
Yes, and if you buy Lipos from Tower (or other US suppliers), you get the same Chinese crap with another name, and wildly overpriced. End of Story. and some of the motors you can overpay wildly at Horizon are made in the same factory that manufactures one of HK series.

This is a free country, and you have the right to waste your money as you wish:-) So, I have no objection sif you want to overpay for the Chinese crap.

Gerry
Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
scale only 4 me

Funny thing is I too have shied away from HK, to many horror stories, I've been trying to use Value Hobby when ever possible,, good service, good prices,, fast low fee shipping,, no accepting payment for back ordered items.. when you factor in the shipping price differential it's very close what you end up paying

So far So good
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
GerKonig

Funny thing is I too have shied away from HK, to many horror stories, I've been trying to use Value Hobby when ever possible,, good service, good prices,, fast low fee shipping,, no accepting payment for back ordered items.. when you factor in the shipping price differential it's very close what you end up paying

So far So good
I am currently using 2 1.6 motors from Nitroplanes in my giant scale electrics. At $47 each in December why not? I use HK controllers the 100A Sentilon and the Turningy 85 are both excellent. Yes, there are local suppliers that have good prices on some stuff. The stuff is Chinese,
nevertheless:-)

Both HK and Nitroplanes are local because they have warehouses in the US (for the batteries). But even when they came out of mainland china, the batteries necer took over 3 weeks. The fastest was one week...

All I can say is Buyer Beware applies to all your purchases, local and from abroad...

Gerry
Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 PM
GlennZ

Hey Gary,

I have no illusions that Tower and Horizon products are not the same Chinese crap. Even Minnetonka Indian moccasins are made in China now. My point was that HK for the lower price offers no support or customer service like the others do. This is important for someone first ordering from HK to be aware of. As a patriotic American I am obligated to call it Chinese Crap.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
snir2001
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, this thread went so of topic... Alaska air crashing, shills all over the place...  all because of small dent on a foamy wing 
Amazing.
Still, I keep getting my orders from HK no problems what so ever.
I'm no shill, but still very happy that I can afford some things BECAUSE of the low prices from HK.
If I will ever face the customer support, I hope not to have that bad experience, but hey, maybe one day.
Still, all of the people who BS HK or others, are very small % of the happy costumers... I know about a guy who will never buy a Mercedes because he had some bad experience with them, so? it make them crap? no, they still the best!
I don't say that HK is the best, don't get me wrong, but as I said, thank's them, me and thousands other can enjoy good price, and yes, I know what I buy!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
jayjay283

ORIGINAL: GlennZ

Hey Gary,

I have no illusions that Tower and Horizon products are not the same Chinese crap. Even Minnetonka Indian moccasins are made in China now. My point was that HK for the lower price offers no support or customer service like the others do. This is important for someone first ordering from HK to be aware of. As a patriotic American I am obligated to call it Chinese Crap.

Amen Sir

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.