Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HOBBY king going down the tube?

I've been following another unhappy HK customer on another forum site.
    OK, I'm a boat guy. This guy bought a HK Genesis Fast Electric boat. He sets it up according to they want you to but in less than 1-1/2 minutes on the water for the first time, the smoke escapes from the ESC. He calls HK and they tell him that they won't honor the warranty because he didn't have a wattmeter installed in the boat! OK, the wattmeter is on backorder as he did want one but nowhere on their site or You Tube video did they mention the need for one nor did they use one when the video was made. We're not stupid enough to know that a wattmeter wouldn't have prevented an ESC fire, just one more thing to fry in the boat.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Starazz, I don't see anywhere in any of my or anyone else's post that referred to you as a shill. Why you get upset about the word shill is beyond me. Unless the shoe fits. But no one on here called you a shill.

I'm glad you are having such great luck with HK. Good for you. But when HK bites you in the rear, don't come crying on here looking for sympathy.

Good luck

Frank
    AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    AMA Introductory Flight Instructor
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RC_MAN

Vasek where in Czech Republic do you fly?
    Sorry for the delay Man...

I fly in Nymburk @ a light aircraft airport (see pic) we fly off of the grass area marked in red. You have to watch for the real planes, but it sounds more scary than it actually is. You get used to it LOL. All & all it's a nice place to fly.

Cheers V.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk26046.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	1770223  
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a joke, right? [:'(]

You remember I told you HK said it will give me a special "surprise gift" in my next order to compensate for the damaged plane? Well I got 2 extra TURNIGY stick on fake-chrome nameplates! I"M IMPRESSED! [:@]
    All this time, there was a big note on my order also: >>>>>HOLD ORDER GIVE TO STAFF<<<<< [X(]

I wish I could thank them in person!

V.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeesh guys, How long are ya gonna beat this dead horse ???
    Too much horsepower- Just right !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

'till it's dead[>:]
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it was dead about 12 pages ago !!!
    Too much horsepower- Just right !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

these chins sent me a $32 4s 5000 zippy lipo and ill be damned if it doesnt balance and work well. I give it 5 runs but thanks you patent thieving commies !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vasek

This is a joke, right? [:'(]

You remember I told you HK said it will give me a special ''surprise gift'' in my next order to compensate for the damaged plane? Well I got 2 extra TURNIGY stick on fake-chrome nameplates! I''M IMPRESSED! [:@]
    All this time, there was a big note on my order also: >>>>>HOLD ORDER GIVE TO STAFF<<<<< [X(]

I wish I could thank them in person!

V.

Sorry vasek but that is just funny in a screwed up way.

We send you nice gift, you like...

Be sure to stick them in a prominent spot..

RC Aircraft/ Three Laws Safe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a Turnigy Plate and I did not have a problem-Never had a problem except where to stick the new badge!!!!!!!!!
    \"IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY AIRPLANES -FLY BOLDLY AND REDUCE YOUR NUMBER\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

these chins sent me a $32 4s 5000 zippy lipo and ill be damned if it doesnt balance and work well. I give it 5 runs but thanks you patent thieving commies !

At least you recognize their MO.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ countilaw you can think what you like and the people who know me and who i care about know my morals so i don't have to explain my self to you or no one.
    I don't go around calling people names directly or indirectly ( post # 229) and as far as HK goes i've said it before and i'll say it again,i've been shopping with them for 4/5 years now and never had a problem,if that makes me a shill in your eyes because i tell people i've never had a problem so be it,but i won't stop shopping with them just because you or someone else don't like it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: startazz

@ countilaw you can think what you like and the people who know me and who i care about know my morals so i don't have to explain my self to you or no one.
    I don't go around calling people names directly or indirectly ( post # 229) and as far as HK goes i've said it before and i'll say it again,i've been shopping with them for 4/5 years now and never had a problem,if that makes me a shill in your eyes because i tell people i've never had a problem so be it,but i won't stop shopping with them just because you or someone else don't like it.

Just because you buy from them doesn't make you a shill. That fact that you don't advertise how many successful orders you have on every hobby king thread proves that. I will say though that sooner or later they will burn you. There is more negative publicity about them than any other RC hobby company by a mile on every RC site you visit. They run a website where praise is (highly encouraged) yet anyone with a complaint is bullied by the same five or six people while the mods claim it is not connected to the company so don't expect any help. That is a screwed up deal if there ever was one. And that is why their sales are slipping. Combine that with the fact that their so called warehouses are out of stock on nealy everything most of the time and you have a bad business situation.

So if you like buying from a truly nasty vendor who will stab you in the back the second you have a problem by all means, no one will hold you to fault for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: topspin

They run a website where praise is (highly encouraged) yet anyone with a complaint is bullied by the same five or six people while the mods claim it is not connected to the company so don't expect any help. That is a screwed up deal if there ever was one.
    I agree. I don't want to sound paranoid, but even here on RCU I feel there are some posters that will try to discredit you if you complain about HK. Just my observation, nothing more/ less

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sorry dude, but you need to go back and read post #229. No where in that post did I call you a shill. But if you are trolling, you need to go to that other site and troll.

You have a nice day

Frank
    AMA # 5810

AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the current trend of screwining customers continues I don't think they will last more than a year or two. The Australians and New Zelanders will keep them alive since they are pretty much the only game in town for those countries but that represents a small segment of the RC market. Too bad they have such crummy customer service and shakey business practices, they could be a decent company if they would make a couple of changes. I'm wondering how long before Pay Pal puts them on the no buy list?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Apparently Hobby King has just closed their store in the Austrian city of Vienna possibly for failing to pay the rent.

I suppose there simply was not a large enough market for them to remain profitable in that area. This could be the tip of the iceburg since there have also been complaints about low stock levels and lots of backorders in the USA and European warehouses. There are more and more complaints every day about HK from shipping to refund problems. There seem to be more problem reports for them than any other hobby store that I have ever seen. RC hobyists in the US are going to places like HeadsUp RC and HobbyPartz, prices are almost as good and the service is 100% better. Since the US is by far the largest market tha has got to hurt HK to lose so many customers. I Europe follows suit then it's sionara HK.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can see it happening. With the needed use of so many shills in the forums, something is up. HK can't survive with out their shills. Another poster showed up on here the other day trying to point me to HK. After several other posters recommended other distributors, he disappeard.

I don't know if he was a shill or not, just seemed like it, I could be totally wrong.

What's a real shame is the new comers see the prices of HK and buy their products. Then the customer gets inferior products, with little or no customer service, tied with the really slow shipping. The new comer get discouraged and go finds another hobby. Just due to one company's shady business practises. A real shame.

Frank

AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Apparently Hobby King has just closed their store in the Austrian city of Vienna possibly for failing to pay the rent.

Are you sure they were Hobby King? I thought they only had a warehouse in Honkong, Australia, EU (Germany?) and US. But a store in Vienna? Can you elaborate?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vasek

Are you sure they were Hobby King? I thought they only had a warehouse in Honkong, Australia, EU (Germany?) and US. But a store in Vienna? Can you elaborate?

I have a pretty reliable source. It looks like they have also closed their retail shop in Australia.[X(] That's really strange..

Their website says they are going to move to another location but then they also have a phone number on their website that doesn't work and bunch of other baloney.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I noticed that HK was back on ebay as H.O.B.B.Y.K.I.N.G. EUR.

I wonder how long ebay will let them operate?

Frank
    AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HK does not own ANY retail outlets. They mearly sponsor and give a discount price to retailers. If a retail store closes do to late payment on the rent..It is 100% the owners fault due to bad managment.

You should all be greatfule to HK. If they never opened their doors 5 years ago, we would still be paying $125 for a 3s 2200 battery for one example. They are the sole reason that prices are SO MUCH cheaper world wide and are the sole reason why RC has expanded and doubled if not tripled in the last 5 years.

End of Rant. Now get back your *****ing and wining about a scratch wing tip.. Ah ha ha..

ps..Ive order at least 12 planes from them. 6 foamies and 6 composites. Not one had the slightest bit of damage.
    Club NO MAX! No boarder..No Limits..No POLITICS! NO "MAX"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Vettster

HK does not own ANY retail outlets. They mearly sponsor and give a discount price to retailers. If a retail store closes do to late payment on the rent..It is 100% the owners fault due to bad managment.

You should all be greatfule to HK. If they never opened their doors 5 years ago, we would still be paying $125 for a 3s 2200 battery for one example. They are the sole reason that prices are SO MUCH cheaper world wide and are the sole reason why RC has expanded and doubled if not tripled in the last 5 years.

End of Rant. Now get back your *****ing and wining about a scratch wing tip.. Ah ha ha..

ps..Ive order at least 12 planes from them. 6 foamies and 6 composites. Not one had the slightest bit of damage.

There are dozens of Chinese vendors selling cheap Lipos and other RC stuff. Hobby King was not the first to sell inexpensive batteries or RC parts so I don't think anyone owes them any thanks. I do want to thank Leaders Hobby for the awsome little EDF's they sold me and for the Email telling me my servos were out of stock and would I like a refund, store credit, or purchase another product. Hobby King aint never done that and never will.

I'm glad you got a bunch of their junk planes that's really great, bet they actually flew after you replaced all of the power components and fixed the control and CG issues. What a deal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Vettster

In all your logic, I fail to see the reason why one should not get "as new" product when buying new from any store. Enlighten me please

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The fact that you have shopped with HK for four or five years and never had a problem does not make you a shill, it makes you an extreme anomoly.
    I just want to know what you plan to do with your $100.00 this month??

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast