Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HOBBY king going down the tube?

ORIGINAL: larrysogla

It seems that the lesson "there is no free lunch" is always hanging over our head.........cheap HobbyKing prices means very poor customer service, very restrictive/makes you go through the hoops and hurdles to resolve issues.....................................costs a bundle big name U.S. retailers give quick replacement/refunds, good customer service, but you THE CUSTOMER paid for all that good customer service by them charging you a bundle. Again there is no free lunch. Yes you can file a dispute with Paypal, file a dispute with your credit company...........but remember because of the overseas delivery lag time the overseas seller is already ahead of you in collecting from your credit card/Paypal by one week or even by several weeks.....so that by the time you file a dispute they are already several weeks ahead in the transaction. They are counting on you, the customer to give up, have fatigue in pursuing your complaint and because they are global in sales, they have thousands of customers all over the world lined up to replace you, the unhappy customer. Lesson learned in all of these is NEVER order anything that is backordered........Never order anything that is a new product, wait a year until the bugs are all worked out before you order one..............READ the reviews, especially the negative ones before you order one, this could save you all the headaches......................pay with Paypal, it is tilted towards the favor of the customer....................Don't be shy in emailing your complaint to the retailer because that way the retailer can tell the factory/supplier that they packed the item causing damage or that the item is failing in one or two flights so that the retailer can change supplier(yes there are a lot of supplier/factories in China) or the supplier can make improvements...................................... .The retailer is just a middle man, the retailer ships to you the item as is as packaged by the factory/supplier. The retailer may double box the item, but inside the inner box it is packaged by the factory. Read the forums and the reviews as a lot of these items from the overseas retailers are of very poor quality, however there are a lot also that are very good and are very well made and they are CHEAP. Yes I am a cheap guy..........I don't feed the family table with these hobbies, they are just TOYS that give me enjoyment. 'Nuff said. God Bless y'all. Larry.
    Thanks, Larry, you have penned what I have also said many times, and was about to say again, but I saw your post.

Why is it so hard for some people to face reality?

When you buy from so-called good service companies, YOU HAVE PAID UPFRONT FOR 2 OR MORE OF THE ITEM YOU BOUGHT. THAT IS WHY YOU GET YOUR REPLACEMENT ITEM SO EASILY ( I am not yet 79, but I feel the need to shout in this case)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ira d

What gets me is the people that come on here and make excuses for HK because of their supposedly low profitmargin but IMO there is
    no excuse for what HK is doing.
    Isn't that what freedom to choose is all about? You can just choose not to buy from them.

But, face reality, everything costs money. You want good service, you pay for it. You want absolutely perfect products you pay for it.

You don't care whether service is good or bad, and don't care if sometimes, you receive purchases that are not so perfect, you don't pay for it.

Go Ahead and Choose.

But, those of us who choose the latter are not making excuses that low profit margin makes everything HK stand for excuseable. That in fact is the only reason why HK has so many customers, and so many of us can afford this hobby.

There are those who cannot afford, or are unwilling to pay, for good services, free replacement parts, etc.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rino

You know why I don't have problems with HK, because I'm smart. Certain, very low cost items like 160mah batteries for micros for $1.50 are a win-win. So what if you get a bad one in a batch. Just chuck it. But, if you are a proficient pilot you know their planes are crap. I've seen so much of their stuff at the field - including Banana and Nitro - that barely gets off the ground it's comical. Guys say, I paid $89 for this jet and I got 3 flights out of it before the ESC popped and I burned in...and so goes the story. Guys, this Chinese stuff is poorly designed and constructed and flies like total crap. It's not fun to fly, it barely flies, and in general is a waste of money. And if you are into wasting your money or you just suck as a pilot then buy their crap. You deserve it.

In general, HK products under-perform. I learned the hard way whey I bought several 6S 5000 packs and two of them were leaking when I they arrived. After yelling at them on the phone - litereally - and threatening to turn them in to their local business bureau - they don't like that - I got new batteries. But, it cost me $20 each to send them back to China and I waited weeks to get new ones. Now I fly Hyperion and am very happy with their products and service. I did get a bad Hyperion once and had 2 new replacement packs to cover my bad one in about a week. NOW THAT'S SERVICE.

My last two very small purchases from HK - micro batteries - took close to 8 weeks to arrive and they were in stock when ordered. So yes, their service is getting worse.

I really can't believe all of you who have made excuses for the wing damage that the person who started the thread had. It's like you accept poor quality and expect to be ripped off. We'll you deserve to be ripped off cause you're a bunch of suckers.

Support US businesses. The mfg. may be done overseas but the money for the higher-quality products by and large stays here. The Horizon line of small planes are terrific and you won't find anything that HK sells stock that comes close to a Parkzone T28 or some of the other bind and fly plane. Yeps, they are twice as much, fly 10 times better and last 4 times longer. And, any time you have questions or need parts HH is just a phone call away. My T28 with a Power 10 does about 90 mph on 4S with the stock ESC and servos and I've been flying it for years. I race mustangs while the HK guys nurse their planes into the air and just barely keep them flying at WOT and call it a bargain. They also crash a lot
    Apologies! I could not help but laugh, well actually, it was not that funny but just comical!

Let's see.... you don't mind that the "high quality" products are made in some sweat shop overseas, where the workers are being paid less money per year than the average American teenage college kid spend in a month, as long as, to keep your conscience clear, the item is sold at 2 or 3 times what it's really worth, quote "the money ..... stays here", unquote, and, on the box it says "______" (fill in your favourite Big Name American manufacturer here). Now, that is cynical, isn't it?

Hey, buddy, do you know that the sneakers you paid a few hundred dollars for (and cases are known of people who got killed while being robbed of them), the jeans you paid hundreds for, the handbag you paid hundreds for, the (____) (fill in the blanks yourself), are practically all made in some sweat shop somewhere? Where do you think all that money went to?

Not to the workers, not to the OEM's, but to the pockets of your rich Brand Name distributors. Of course, they can afford to hire zillions of CS staff, can afford to send you a brand new wing to replace a few scuff marks, which the lovely new plane will acquire in a few flights anyway, of course they can afford to do all the things that some others don't do. And, of course, they can buy big mansions, Lambo's, 100 foot yachts......

So, what in heavens name is wrong with a company that sells you the same product, from the same OEM, for a half or a third of the price you pay for at your Big Name distributor? Oh, I think, someone mentioned piracy.....

I am not a Shill! I am a geniune satisfied customer of HK, and I don't care one bit if you believe me or not!

It's your money, you earned it, you have the right to throw it away in whatever manner you see fit!

But, if you choose to throw it at HK, don't go crying to everyone when they don't give you the same service, or replacement policies as another "reputable" company that charges you 2 or 3 times the price. If anyone knows of any company that gives the same level of service as these "reputable" companies, but charges half or a third of the price, please, please, give me the name of that company. I will drop HK like a hot potato and run to them with my hard earned $$$

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DL8698

What gets me is the people that come on here and make excuses for HK because of their supposedly low profitmargin but IMO there is
    no excuse for what HK is doing.
    Isn't that what freedom to choose is all about? You can just choose not to buy from them.

But, face reality, everything costs money. You want good service, you pay for it. You want absolutely perfect products you pay for it.

You don't care whether service is good or bad, and don't care if sometimes, you receive purchases that are not so perfect, you don't pay for it.

Go Ahead and Choose.

But, those of us who choose the latter are not making excuses that low profit margin makes everything HK stand for excuseable. That in fact is the only reason why HK has so many customers, and so many of us can afford this hobby.

There are those who cannot afford, or are unwilling to pay, for good services, free replacement parts, etc.

You sound like the type of guy that would buy a 50k car for 10k off if they would sell it to you with no warranty.Also as I said before if
    HK would be up front and admit they dont intend to offer support that would be one thing but most people dont realize what they are
    in for untill after they get burned.
    Ira d

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

most people dont realize what they are in for untill after they get burned.
    This can't be true, unless there are a lot of people that live under a rock. You're ordering from CHINA and don't have the brains to go check on the reputation of the vendor??????????
    Burn baby burn.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You sound like the type of guy that would buy a 50k car for 10k off if they would sell it to you with no warranty.Also as I said before if
    HK would be up front and admit they dont intend to offer support that would be one thing but most people dont realize what they are
    in for untill after they get burned.
    Yes, I am.... if I can find a car like that (here in Singapore, we can only dream of 50K cars)

BUT.... I do my homework first, and weigh my risks before I jump in. If I buy 5 new cars in my lifetime, all at one fifth the price, and the failure rate is perhaps 1 in 5, I am still ahead.

What you, and others, fail to understand is, no one claims that we have not received duds before, but we accept it as the "risk" of buying from HK, and we just chuck the duds, but even then we are still ahead. Of all the purchases I have made at HK, the failure rate is a very small %, in fact I have not yet ever sent a complaint letter to HK.

"dont realize what they are in for untill after they get burned"

That is why we must do our homework before dealing with any company we know nothing about. Would you send money to a stranger who says your rich uncle, aunt, "____" (fill in a favourite relative) has died somewhere, left you a zillion $$$$, but you need to transfer a few K$ in order to bribe some officials (yes, it actually says so in some emails) to release the zillion $$$$$ to you?

Be Smart!! And if your homework says, don't deal with this or that company, then DON'T!!

I AM NOT A SHILL AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DL8698

ORIGINAL: countilaw

What gets me is the shillls that come here and swear what great service that got. One person on this thread , at last check, had only 6 posts and everyone of them were pro HK.

HK advertises and pays users to answer questions to desenters and promote their (HK) lousy service, rip offs, and down right scams. I don't buy anything from HK as reported by another user that claims he has nothing to do with HK, yet he knew I had never ordered from them.

go figure!

A shill is a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
    or a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

A shill, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services. Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. Shill more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a forum.

Shilling is an illegal activity also know as a criminal act.

Frank

Before you get too smug hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, you better be aware that, to in the same breath accuse people of being "shills" ( first time I heard of this word) and say that "shilling" is an illegal activity, (ie, you are accusing some people here of being criminals), there have been cases where people have been sued successfully for defamatory statements made over the internet.

BE VERY SURE OF YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU SHOOT OFF YOUR MOUTH!!

Just because someone only has a few posts here does not make him a shill who just comes in to defend a company. The same person can be an active contributor on some other forums, which of course, you did not know about, did you? And would he still have been a shill if he had defended a company that you were happy with? Well, of course not!

Ok , mr wise guy from china, point out in the post above where I defamed, or even acused anyone of being a shill. Now here in the Good Ole U S of A, we have a saying. If you smelt it then you dealt it. You probably don't know what that means so I will give it to you in a way that you might understand since you're from the country of tennis shoe counterfeiting capital of the world. IF THE SHOE FITS, WEAR IT. I firmly believe that the post hit really close to home with you since you had to become defensive about it. Otherwise , you would not have threatened me with the possibility of legal action.

But unlike China, here in the US of A we have the right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH !. If K-Bob, Luchnia or Tharp wants to call me a shill, they have that right. As a veteran in this great US of A, I fought so that they could keep that right. I have fought for other countries to help them obtain that right. So you guys run your sweat shops and continue to produce low quality products and your counterfeiting and the suckers will keep on buying them and then crying about. We live in the country of the free and we allow them the right of FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Oh I forgot, you guys don't have that, do you?

Now to be sued for defamation, libel, or slander you must name that person, point that person out,, and cause them financial or reputable harm. Now, Mr. wise guy from China, show me where I named a person, pointed out a person or caused them financial or reputable harm. And again, if the shoe fits, wear it!!

Frank

AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    AMA Introductory Flight Instructor
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All comes down to choice and risk. They sell some really good batteries for half what Tower charges, but Katy bar the door if you have problems. Fun discussion!!! Great variety of things to think about in our hobby. Tower has people that you can talk to on the phone..... a HUGE pluss! As I always say, it ain't how much you spend or how BIG yours is, it's how much FUN you are having. And I have had great fun for many years. Wallace Tharp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What a laughable statement!     Using that rationale, it's OK to victimize those who can afford it the least.  Better to keep one's hard-earned money, than spend it on junk!

As far as the'threat' of slander/libel, one needn't worry there either.  At the worst a cheap, imitation lawyer from China will show up, but fail due to being a half-*****ed copy of the real thing.  
    I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Ok , mr wise guy from china, point out in the post above where I defamed, or even acused anyone of being a shill. Now here in the Good Ole U S of A, we have a saying. If you smelt it then you dealt it. You probably don't know what that means so I will give it to you in a way that you might understand since you're from the country of tennis shoe counterfeiting capital of the world. IF THE SHOE FITS, WEAR IT. I firmly believe that the post hit really close to home with you since you had to become defensive about it. Otherwise , you would not have threatened me with the possibility of legal action.

But unlike China, here in the US of A we have the right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH !. If K-Bob, Luchnia or Tharp wants to call me a shill, they have that right. As a veteran in this great US of A, I fought so that they could keep that right. I have fought for other countries to help them obtain that right. So you guys run your sweat shops and continue to produce low quality products and your counterfeiting and the suckers will keep on buying them and then crying about. We live in the country of the free and we allow them the right of FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Oh I forgot, you guys don't have that, do you?

Now to be sued for defamation, libel, or slander you must name that person, point that person out,, and cause them financial or reputable harm. Now, Mr. wise guy from China, show me where I named a person, pointed out a person or caused them financial or reputable harm. And again, if the shoe fits, wear it!!

Frank

You said some people here were shills, and shilling was illegal. You were just one step away from being eligible to be sued, as you did say at least one guy on this forum is a shill. You were smart enough to avoid naming him. I give you a point for that.

mr wise guy from china

Hey, buddy, did you ever study geography when you were in school?

Go and get a map, or go to Google map, and see where Singapore is. Oh, you did see my profile (you know, those tiny words on the left, with my name, and my country) and you have seen that I am from Singapore? I am a Singaporean, and we have no sweat shops in Singapore.

And, in spite of your ultra high power of Sherlock Holmes deduction, I don't own a sweat shop. I don't own any sort of business.

I hate people who run sweat shops and people who patronise shops that sell products made at sweat shops where the workers are paid barely enough to survive, are practically slaves, and smugly flaunt all their branded stuff, just to show how rich they are.

I have fought for other countries

Oh, oh, sorry, Mr Freedom Fighter, did you fight for the freedom of a certain country in Asia or was it in that little country where there is a very important canal, or was it in that country that had lots of black liquid underground?

Well, good for you, and did you do that to protect the freedom of the people in the country that you fought in OR the freedom of YOUR Country's people?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now to be sued for defamation, libel, or slander you must name that person, point that person out,, and cause them financial or reputable harm. 
    HK is thus their own worst enemy, and should sue themselves - with cheap, imitation Chinese lawyers.  

Buy cheap, buy twice !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, OK, Ok!!!

I Give Up!!

Let me clue in all who are still clueless.

Singapore is not in China (I believe this was true even while the land was called Pangea), is not, and, never was a colony of China, is fully independant, has an air force with American Made F15, F16, Apache helicopters (fierce looking machines!) and lots of other battle tested American weapons, so, for heaven's sake, hit me in any way you want, but stop saying Singapore is in China!

OK?Can? Please??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spog1

This can't be true, unless there are a lot of people that live under a rock. You're ordering from CHINA and don't have the brains to go check on the reputation of the vendor??????????
    Burn baby burn.

Its all over the web now about HK but a couple of years ago it was a different story and if someone had try to check out HK they likley would not
    have found much info anyhow.
    Ira d

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eddieC

What a laughable statement! Using that rationale, it's OK to victimize those who can afford it the least. Better to keep one's hard-earned money, than spend it on junk!

As far as the'threat' of slander/libel, one needn't worry there either. At the worst a cheap, imitation lawyer from China will show up, but fail due to being ahalf-*****ed copy of the real thing.
    Do you know what is the meaning of "victimize"?

From dictionary.com

vic·tim·ize

<noscript>[vik-tuh-mahyz]
    verb (used with object), vic·tim·ized, vic·tim·iz·ing.
    to make a victim of.
    to dupe, swindle, or cheat: to victimize poor widows.
    to slay as or like a sacrificial victim.
    Also, especially British , vic·tim·ise .

A person pays half or a third the price of an item, and expects to get exactly the same level of service, terms and conditions as another company that charges 2 or 3 times or more? If you walk into a food court, do you expect the staff to, with a flourish, put a napkin on your lap? And do you expect that, if you don't like the taste of the food, (which you would also have expected the staff to bring to your table), do you expect the stall to give you a refund?

Ever heard of the term "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"? Did OP, who had previous dealings with HK, and therefore, presumely, knows a bit about the company, really think that HK will send him a replacement wing just by claiming that his wing has a few scuff marks? Or, did he think that by airing it on this forum, HK will feel so threatened that all their customers will run away, and therefore send him a new wing?

What was in fact OP's purpose in highlighting this insignificant "damage" that he can live with? Did he read the T & C before buying?

Who is "victimizing" whom? (or is it who?) And I hate to spell it with a "z", I prefer "victimise".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spog1

Burn baby burn.

Its all over the web now about HK but a couple of years ago it was a different story and if someone had try to check out HK they likley would not
    have found much info anyhow.
    In case we have forgotten what OP said, let me quote his first sentence "I have been ordering from HK for the past couple of years without any issues. They do have good prices."

OP had ordered from HK with no problems for couple of years, (Btw, how many orders was not mentioned) says the prices are good, but has no clue about the many problems people had with HK? Why did he still say the "They do have good prices."? Didn't he know customer service is non existance? Didn't he read all the 100's of complaints from people who received duds, could not get replacements, had to send back the duds on their own expense, sent items back and never heard from HK about it again? .....and on and on and on......

Why did he still say prices are good? And as he said, had no problems with past unknown number of orders. Isn't this what all of us who speak up for HK are saying? We never claim to have never receive duds, and many have highlighted all the problems. Unless OP has stupidly failed to read any of these comments (which are widespread all over RCU and RCG) then god help him in his future undertakings.

Notice how Mr OP is rather quiet while we all argue on his behalf? What's up Mr OP?

Speak up, Mr OP, and tell us, "Why did you say the prices are good?"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go to HK. Go to forums. See the guy who posted HERE his great new foamie and videos as well... then claimed shipping damage and demanded a new plane. Now imagine ever immature person learning to fly. IT IS NEVER THEIR FAULT when they crash.
    Nobody takes back electronics for that reason. I know a lot of hobby people are united against HK for their prices. No matter who you buy from, sometimes there is a problem. HK was more than fair, IMHO.
    Hey, I bought a PZ P-51 micro and the tail is broken and so is the spinner. I've only had it a few days. Who should replace it, the LHS or Parkzone?
    I figure more than half of the "ripoffs"are hobby people crying over HK for fair prices anyway.
    Pfft. I've saved enough to buy everything at least twice. Buy a spare every time you order and you will still save money. Oh, and 99.9% of the time you will have a spare every time. (Unless you reverse polarity on the 9x battery... Then just claim it was defective.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is good, keep it up guys And yeah, Singapore is not in China for sure lol.

So we've all admitted HK is good for some things. I wouldn't buy their crap airplanes. For some applicaions though their little cheap ESCs are really great.

Again, it depens on the product and you just have to do a little homework. Just keep in mind that there is no CS. I personally think their implact on the market has leveled out. We'll see. People are learning that a lot of what they sell is not good and what things are actually worth the risk. I have a friend that bought an F15 from Banana that would hardly fly. He then bought a Eurofighter from Hobby People that is awesome. He learned his lesson and will not buy jets from the low-cost places anymore. And that is how the market works. I like high performance so I would never be happy with an HK plane. But, their CA and Xacto blades are just fine. Their low-cost ESCs work and so do their cheap micro batts. Case in point. The market takes care of itself. Look at the Air Hogs stuff that's sold in the local departments stores. PURE CRAP. It doesn't work at all. Same thing there and the market will dictate. Unless HK can match the quality of HH they will never take their market share. And HH will continue with some markup. I'm glad to pay more for a premium product. I like nice stuff.

HK has a right not to offer CS. A lot of companies don't. Period. So, the individual must choose. There's really nothing to argue here. They are just a business.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love HK, but that's about it...No buy from oversease, not even from Bananahobby, I do eat banana though.
    Fly low and deliver the goods

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HK should be forced to take all the broken styrofoam and packaging back from us and put it in their dumps.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Amazing how many people speak up and say that HK or any vendor is justified in giving poor service because they have low prices. It settles into my brain a bit more when I remember how many people in the US receive some sort of welfare or assistance, Or are supported by another person or entity. I guess they just don't cling to their Guns, Religion , and hard earned cash as much as others like me?[8D]

There is no question to me...The "You get what you pay for" saying has never held water for me. THE SELLER SETS THE PRICE! ...period. They are responsible for setting it to a level that they can provide what they promised or be prepared to correct it at their expense. At the point they assume they can get away with a defective product or poor service because they intentionally and with forethought set a price too low to provide what is implied to the customer it is fraudulent. ******They know this and know a lot more people will post here than actually fill out the CC dispute form and not just grab their ankles. ****** Did the airplane in the AD photo have dented wings?, Because that is what the OP ordered.

I'm seeing folks say "The 3rd battery was defective but they only paid the price as US vendor would have charged for 2 anyway so its all good". How many people would choose to order from overseas and wait 3 weeks instead of Tower if it was a given that they were getting the same end price because 1/3 of a product that was priced at a 33% discount was defective?? Some people are just unwilling to stand up for thierself and will say "Its ok if someone rips me off, I can afford it" this week, and be asking for a handout because they "Just can't make it with all these businesses and China taking all the money!" the next. ... To the OP: "Hold em to it!" You didn't buy a airplane with dented wings!

At the point enough people stick to their guns and make vendors correct mistakes they will realize they can make more money by throwing away that .50cent dented wing and pitting a good one in the box than shipping another one separately and answering 100 emails. No different than people saying "Thats the way the system is, I might as well abuse it like the others" All it takes to change it is to have enough people with the character to not just go with the flow. Todd
    \"A guy told me the other day I must be very smart,......I told him \"No!, I\'\'m REALLY dumb, But learning from my mistakes!!\"\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You missed the last one;

4. See HK , re: poor customer service.    

Friends don't let friends buy from HK.  The worst ! ! !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DL, Got it, "The Break up of Pangea!" Good one! Mind if I ask what you do in Singapore? Wallace Tharp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eddieC

You missed the last one;

4. See HK , re: poor customer service.

Friends don't let friends buy from HK. The worst ! ! !

You have no right to add anything you like to dictionary definitions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wallace.tharp

DL, Got it, "The Break up of Pangea!" Good one! Mind if I ask what you do in Singapore? Wallace Tharp
    I maintain Airliners.

I know all about the Alaska Air crash. The totally rusted horiz stab jackscrew that broke in flight was recovered from the crash wreckage. It was due to lack of maintenance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Max_Power

Amazing how many people speak up and say that HK or any vendor is justified in giving poor service because they have low prices. It settles into my brain a bit more when I remember how many people in the US receive some sort of welfare or assistance, Or are supported by another person or entity. I guess they just don't cling to their Guns, Religion , and hard earned cash as much as others like me?[8D]

There is no question to me...The "You get what you pay for" saying has never held water for me. THE SELLER SETS THE PRICE! ...period. They are responsible for setting it to a level that they can provide what they promised or be prepared to correct it at their expense. At the point they assume they can get away with a defective product or poor service because they intentionally and with forethought set a price too low to provide what is implied to the customer it is fraudulent. ******They know this and know a lot more people will post here than actually fill out the CC dispute form and not just grab their ankles. ****** Did the airplane in the AD photo have dented wings?, Because that is what the OP ordered.

I'm seeing folks say "The 3rd battery was defective but they only paid the price as US vendor would have charged for 2 anyway so its all good". How many people would choose to order from overseas and wait 3 weeks instead of Tower if it was a given that they were getting the same end price because 1/3 of a product that was priced at a 33% discount was defective?? Some people are just unwilling to stand up for thierself and will say "Its ok if someone rips me off, I can afford it" this week, and be asking for a handout because they "Just can't make it with all these businesses and China taking all the money!" the next. ... To the OP: "Hold em to it!" You didn't buy a airplane with dented wings!

At the point enough people stick to their guns and make vendors correct mistakes they will realize they can make more money by throwing away that .50cent dented wing and pitting a good one in the box than shipping another one separately and answering 100 emails. No different than people saying "Thats the way the system is, I might as well abuse it like the others" All it takes to change it is to have enough people with the character to not just go with the flow. Todd
    I absolutely agree with you.

When I walk in to a food court, and, in spite of the sign at the stall that says "self service", I will insist, no, demand, that the stall staff come to my table, take my orders, and bring the food to my table.
    If the food does not taste as good as it looks on the ad display, I will demand a refund.
    If I count the number of pieces of fries and finds it comes out short by even a single piece, I will demand that the stall bring the missing piece to my table, place on my plate, and apologise for the inexcusable mistake.

Haha... just kidding, but that is what you sounded like.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast