Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HOBBY king going down the tube?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBY king going down the tube?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOBBY king going down the tube?

I have been ordering from HK for the past couple of years without any issues. They do have good prices.

Lately I ordered a foamy Corsair and received both wingtips damaged (see pics) the box had no apparent damage, so it must have been put in the box already damaged. I complained & got $10 worth of credit for the damage! I was thinking something along the line like a NEW WING! Plus the online chat help has been unavailable (at least to me) for more than a week now. They're playing dead...

On top, my new order shows UNPAID status even though it has been paid in full. New complaint...

I'm starting to get fed up with HK. I'll be thinking twice before ordering again.

Anyone has problems like that lately?

Cheers, V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59483.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	1761602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72793.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1761603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22968.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1761604  
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: HOBBY king going down the tube?

Gee, I have that much damage just putting the plane together
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM
G8er

yeah, i would say that the damage was purely cosmetic and you should count yourself lucky to even get a credit... think of it like this, its YOUR business and in the midst of you personally putting 100 plane kits together to meet the 3:00 shipment deadline(because thats when phil from UPS stops by) you accidentally start packing boxes faster then what they should and scuff the wing tip like that, are you going to give them a $10 credit or $100 in shipping, time, product and lose all your profit from that day? just sayin...
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
outdoorhunting

OK, I'll say it ! DON'T be a crybaby. THAT damage is soo superficial, you'll get your bloodpressure up over nothing ! IF that's all you got to complain about, ya got no compliant !!! Hope I didn't beat around the bush too much.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

If it were mine, one ride to the field and it would have that much damage.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:45 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

if you paid $600+for a ARF and it shows up with wing damage you'd want it fixed right?

Why does it matter that it's a foamie,, it should come without damage,, IMO the OP has a right to complain,, damaged is damaged
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

I bet he saved a lot of money.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM
vasek

Well it's a f%$&ing $150 plane & I didn't send them "damaged" money, so i shouldn't get a damaged plane IMO!

For those who damage their planes like this going to the field... if you're not very handy, I hope you guys are at least handsome

Cheers,V.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
spog1

There's only a couple million threads warning people about HK business practices. You just had to find out for yourself. Burn.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:51 AM
the pope

ORIGINAL: vasek

Well it's a f%$&ing $150 plane & I didn't send them ''damaged'' money, so i shouldn't get a damaged plane IMO!

For those who damage their planes like this going to the field... if you're not very handy, I hope you guys are at least handsome

Cheers,V.
Howdy there Vasek , looks to me like someone doesnt have model match on their Tx and had a little whopsey[:-] . Your right just because its cheap doesnt mean theyve got the right to serve up crap . If they say its cheap but damaged then you havent a leg to stand on . Good luck from the pope
Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 AM
vasek

Hey Pope, good to see ya

They sure don't include it in their description that it comes dinged & crumpled out of the box !

Cheers,V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56018.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1761733  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you order any small parts that were put and shipped inside the planes box ? If so then HK removed your wing to put the parts in and put the wing back in either improperly and/or damaged it while it was out. If not then it came that way from the factory or it was just damaged in shipment. You won't get them to move much more on something like this . That's the chances taken when rolling the dice with hobby king......sometime you win sometimes you don't.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:24 AM
straitnickel

Do you have kids ?
Not sure it this is related but, I was building a fuselage awhile back when I noticed that some of the bulkheads where no longer there, while pondering this I looked over to my 6 yearold at the vise enjoying herself. So, maybe its ok not to have all things perfect in this imperfect world.
Just my 2¢
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 AM
jayjay283

haha straitnickel same here but with cats, bought a HK cub park flyer, cat took the Y servo connector, ordered another its too short f#%$ cat, cant find where this weasel ferret put the thing
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered an airframe 5 years ago and same problem.  Its always been that way.  Maybe they could pack it better but all the customs people handle packages poorly.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 AM
vasek

OK I have no kids, the box came unopened from customs (still had the plain HK tape on it, the customs have a tape that says CUSTOMS on it) I will never NEVER buy another plane @ HK

Cheers, V.

P.S. my ex broke everything in the house/ car/ you name it she broke it/ colored my "whites"... I remember that vividly... ( read my catch phrase @ the bottom) does that count like a child or a cat?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: vasek

OK I have no kids, the box came unopened from customs (still had the plain HK tape on it, the customs have a tape that says CUSTOMS on it) I will never NEVER buy another plane @ HK

Cheers, V.

P.S. my ex broke everything in the house/ car/ you name it she broke it/ colored my "whites"... I remember that vividly... ( read my catch phrase @ the bottom) does that count like a child or a cat?
Now that's something that would make for a good read and might help other guys onhere from the same thing, do tell..............

What corsair is that, it looks like a good size?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM
topspin

My son in law recently ordered several batteries and a charger from the US warehouse. He placed the order at 10 AM PDT and paid for it using Pay Pal. He got an email from Pay pal within 30 minutes saying it was payed but the green check on his order did not show paid for two days. Then the next check said his order was in the print que ready to be printed, that took three more days so now he was at one week.

Remeber now that this is the US warehouse in the UPS store in Lakeview Washington. After five days it showed that the order was printed and packed at the warehouse, that was on Saturday. On Moday it said shipped and gave a UPS tracking number. Well the package showed up in just three days except it was missing the charger. That was on April 30 and he immediately left a message with customer support. They responded on the third of May with the usual "take photos and weigh everything", he did and sent them in. Since then there has been no response and he has tried to contact them for the last two weeks.

I don't know if they are going out of business but Mikey sure as heck won't be buying anything form them again. I tried to warn him but he didn't listen, he was mesmerized by that low price. So much for a low price.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 AM
carrellh

I agree that you should not receive damaged products.

I ordered a Kyosho AT-6 from Tower, several years ago, for my brother. It is a fiberglass fuselage model. There was no box damage but the fuselage had cracks near the firewall. One phone call had another complete ARF on the way along with a prepaid UPS label to send the first one back. They did charge the CC for the second plane and credited it the day after UPS showed the return delivered.

Unfortunately a lot of places have no customer service when it comes to resolving problems like this.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Yes, you are absolutely correct in that you should not receive damaged goods no matter the cost. But in all reality, good luck with HK.[:@]
Old 05-12-2012, 09:17 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

[X(], they call that damaged in your country? Here in the US is normal for USPS
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Most worthless thread ever..you order a inexpensive airplane all the way from CHINA and are surprised when it is somewhat damaged?..go figure! and now all the sudden your saying hobby king is doing down the tubes? rubbish.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
vasek

ORIGINAL: blhollo2

Most worthless thread ever..you order a inexpensive airplane all the way from CHINA and are surprised when it is somewhat damaged?..go figure! and now all the sudden your saying hobby king is doing down the tubes? rubbish.
You probably work for HK [:-]
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Granpooba

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damage is DAMAGE !! Whether its on a $50.00 model or a $500.00 model.

Anybody that states you should accept something damaged, is out of their gord ! Simple, simple !!

To take it further, if an individual was buying a new car and it had a broken tail light or a scratch in the paint, I doubt anybody would accept the damaged vehicle until it was either brought up to new specs, or was replaced by another vehicle.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Granpooba

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: blhollo2

Its more like your reply is rubbish and worthless !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.