The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ARF Pros in the Tank?

Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Sawtooth
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ARF Pros in the Tank?

I think I just got scamed. I was deciding whether or not to order the Gen II Electric Retracts for the 74" Corsair from ARF Pros. I checked their website and the item was noted "Out of Stock" so I clicked off. But about a week later, I checked again and it did not indicate a stock problem so I ordered. They use PayPal so my credit card was charged immediately but not shipping info coming as of today 5/29. Two emails, no response, called the contact number today and got a voice mailbox with no announcement that I even had ARF Pros company. Anyone else have news?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ARF Pros in the Tank?

I've sent an email to John Neff who is our Marketplace Manager and let him know about your situation. I don't know if he will be able to help you or not, but hopefully he can point you in the right direction to get you some help.

Ken
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The best course of action you can take is to immediately contact your credit card company and file a charge dispute.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Sawtooth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks JWN. I have checked with my credit card company and the charge is on my account. The problem I see brewing is that ARF Pros went to PayPal which deposits the money quickly and then passes the charge to my credit card. PayPal also shows the transaction complete. I was leery when I noticed that they went to PayPal but my better judgement did not kick in. I have filed a complaint with PayPal which I see as the key to sending a credit to my credit card. I was mostly wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with them lately.
Thanks guys.....
Old 05-30-2012, 06:16 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You will obtain quicker response if you file a charge dispute with your credit card company. Paypal will allow the seller 2 weeks to respond before they will take action. If there is no money in the sellers Paypal or bank account, they will not be able to recover your money. Your credit card company however will pull your money back from Paypal regardless.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Sawtooth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just wanted to post that resolution is resolved. But I'm not sure what got the ball rolling. I did get a email response, after sending them two. Anyway, they cancelled my order and issued a credit to PayPal and I have received a confirmation from PayPal that they have issued a credit to my credit card. Frustrating............. If they would have just communicated with me as to the status of the order and or the anticipated order fill date, I may have let it ride. Interesting customer service.........