Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Autotrim

Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotrim

I have never had it on a transmitter I owned. I just recently found out about it.
What it is is you get the airplane flying st & level then push a button and the trims are set to the stick positions and the airplane is trimed. It sounds to me it would take all the hassel out of the first flight. I want to have it.
I understand there are two transmitters that have it. The old Ace Micropro and the new Graupner.
If there are others let us know.
If you have it let us know if you like it, and if causes you problems let us know.
I am not going to buy another transmitter without it.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Autotrim

I believe I have heard the er9x firmware for the 9x has it. Never used it myself.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I remember it well with my old two stick Micropro 8000, and it was a beautiful feature. It did take some will power to not start hitting the trim levers but instead just lock up the sticks in the desired flight attitude and hitting that big red button for a second.

I don't beleve I have had anything like it in the long parade of radios since

John
Old 06-02-2012, 01:04 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Its interesting that all of the high priced radios that Futaba sells don't have it. To me it would be a very usefull function. I have a habit of flying an airplane a few times then put away and move on to something else. Sometimes it may be a year before I get back to it. So it seems I am always uncertain about the trim.
Jim Drew says his new transmitter will have it if he ever gets that transmitter out.
I am told the Graupner transmitter has it but I read Greg Gimlicks review and he don't even mention it.