Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flight box plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:08 PM
dantech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight box plans

Hi all !! Just joined this forum and planning on getting my first plane at the end of the week. I've narrowed it down to an Avistar 40 with an O.S. FX 46, as well as a Futaba 9 CAF. I'm also an avid woodworker and would like to build my own flight box, and would like to know if there are any special things I should incorporate into it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:42 PM
adrian-RCU

Default Flight box plans

hi welcome - the best is to go to search and bump in flight box and you will be a lot wiser or confused(joking) enjoy!!
Old 09-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Flight box plans

Depending on how involved you want to get. Consider at least 4 slide out drawers with dividers. One drawer would be an open floor (no dividers) drawer. Some kind of vertical rack for allen wrenches and screwdrivers. A mount for a glow driver. An enclosure for your fuel can/jug. An enclosure for your starter battery with the usual face surface for a power panel. And to be really trick, add wheels and a pull handle so you don't have to carry it. Use BIG wheels for easy rolling. Make a provision for the wheels to fold or slide up off the ground for flat transport.

Starting to sound like a toy wagon with a flight box sitting in it.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:55 PM
BaronSchwab

Think of what you will have how you want to contain it and invent something.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:54 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Go to your field and see what the other pilots are using. I personally made a small field box and also a larger one that stays in the truck. I know I can't do much in the way of major repairs at the field so I carry the small box to the flight line. Just fuel and pump, starter, glow igniter, wrench or spinner tools for the prop. The starter battery and power panel are built into the flight line box. CA, epoxy and other tools, spare wheels, props etc. are left in the truck in their own box. No need to carry a whole shop to the flight line. Of course you have to build two boxes but you only have to fuel proof the flight line box. The one that stays in the truck can be an ordinary tool box, plastic or whatever, with as many drawers as you might need. You can buy it at a hardware store or build a fancy one if you like as long as it doesn't take away any flight time to get it built.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:49 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Posted without comment.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:10 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

visioneer_one

Man thats nice
Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Combat Addict

What I do is use regular tool boxes. Cheap and easy to find. What I want to get is one of those double decker rolling ones. Those are so neat and useful.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:32 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

visioneer_one, that is pretty darn fancy. How you be liking that Ultimate?
Old 09-17-2003, 10:46 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I'm pretty happy with it. I've been practicing blenders... this thing wraps up so tight its scary.

I just noticed that the front-center metal attachment point for the top wing was fractured. Wonder how that happened.