The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is this a SCAM ???????

Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 AM
android44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Is this a SCAM ???????

Hi Guys and Gals.....

Im trying to sell an item on RCU and I received the following email from someone saying they want to purchase my item. See below email. This is my first sale on RCU and this email smells a little fishy to me.........im thinking of going forward with it but only providing my work address instead of home address, and also demand that his courier pick up the product only after his check or money order clears (Not just after I cash it)

What do you guys think.....Is the below a scam? Should I just stay away from it...or should I be ok if I do as I describe above?
-
THISBELOWISTHEEMAILFROMTHE POTENTIAL BUYER:

Thanks for the prompt response am quite satisfied with the condition. Am very much interested and i am really okay with the item and i will love to make an instant purchase so please do withdraw the advert from RCUNIVERSE and considered it SOLD to me. I will add $30 to the purchase price, for you to hold it for me. I would have loved to come take a look myself but i am a very busy person but I'm okay with the item cause have go through the ad. I will be paying you by Check or Money Order. It will take 2 -3 days for the payment to get to you, it will be sent via courier service due to the distance. You don't need to bother your self with the shipment okay, i will take care of that so i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the Check or Money Order so that I can have my assistant get the payment ready.

1. Full Name to write on the Check/Money Order
2. Address where payment will be sent to not P.O BOX (b'cos my courier service does not deliver to p.o box)
3. City
4. State
5. Zip Code
6. Home or cell Phone Number

Once again I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over for the pick up as soon as you have cashed the Check/Money Order.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 AM
outdoorhunting

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Is this a SCAM ???????

Come on, you CAN'T be serious !!!! THATHAS to be the OLDEST line out there !!!! If you fall for that, you don't deserve air !!!! ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep ONE thing in mind when selling OR buying on the net; IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE It IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !!! Sorry about being so blunt, but it istotally the truth Good Luck !!!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:11 AM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is a scam that has been going on for awhile. You will receive a checkusually for about 2,700 to pay you.They ask you to cash the check and send the overpayment to them. The check they use is actually a valid account but, not theirs and if you deposit it , the check will bounce and cost you bank fees.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:15 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It amazes me that MILLIONS of people fall for these kind of scams everyday. It makes me sick to watch tv shows such as 20-20 and Nightline where people lose their life savings because they hand out their social sec numbers and bank account info to people they don't even know.

My mother-in-law sends tons of money to ministers and polititions and she truly believes that when she gets a holiday card from them that they are actually sitting at their dining room table hand writting it out to her.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You should also report the alleged buyer to the Market Place Moderator JWN so he can lock him out. That is one if the biggest scams out there. If a person is not willing to use the make offer feature of the Market Place and pay with Pay Pal or a money order, then you need to be careful. Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-15-2012, 07:16 AM
android44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys for the input....I figured it was a scam.....but i have never sold online like this, so I figured i'd ask the question anyway....i'll report the user