Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RIP John Bonanno

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RIP John Bonanno

John Bonanno lost his battle with cancer this past Friday. If you've flown at NALF Fentress in the past years you probably knew John, or at least heard him. Once a Fighter Pilot, always a Fighter Pilot, he was always pushing the envelope and doing it better, faster, or just "one more rotation before I recover". John was a great guy, always ready with a word of "encouragment" for his fellow pilots, but always ready to jump in and help.

It's hard to see him go. He will be missed.

Pic below shows John doing a deadstick landing on his TGA Mig-29. Never giving up.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78477.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1774375  
Old 06-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RIP John Bonanno

It is hard to believe what some one has done for the hobby , till they are gone, RIP Yes I have never met the man but he is one of a group that never forgets.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: RIP John Bonanno

I knew of John only because of his contributions to RC boats, building some of ther fastest ones around RIP John.