Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ignorant people who should know better

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ignorant people who should know better

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Big Sasquatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignorant people who should know better

He fought the law, and well.......the law won! Bwaaaaahahahahahaha

Lesson for today kids: Think before you speak, and if you don't have anything good to say: don't say anything.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:00 PM
JanetC

Oh My God...That is Surreal...........so Ironic............ and Funny...
Old 09-03-2003, 08:25 PM
HoovDriver
My Feedback: (1)

Default Karma is a M***** F*****

Man I had a post all made up and before I submitted it I opened the origional post up again to read all the responses just to make sure I wasn't saying the exact things others had said or putting my foot into my mouth again. I too just got done pulling my foot out of my mouth from a few posts I had posted here so I am a bit more careful now. all I can say is Wow, Karma is a M***** F***** huh. Awesome story, Sad thing is Borzak would have been a hero had he politely explained the rules, and of course why he accidently buzzed the highway, and actually got the trooper interested in becomming a member and RC enthusiast. Well hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

ZK
Old 09-03-2003, 08:27 PM
HoovDriver

Default JanetC is that your pic

Is your avatar your real pic? if it is I must say you are now my new favorite pilot

ZK
Old 09-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Steve Guinn

Careful of those Squids, JanetC
Old 09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Johnnylightning

BUSTED!!! Man this is great!
Originally posted by Steve Campbell2
I will be contacting the boy to let him know that most modelers are not total rectums.
Show the officer the thread so he'll know we all think bozo acted like a butt-hole too!
ajvpb
My Feedback: (3)

I thought the guy was being a jerk before I read what the cop posted. Now that just re-affirms my suspisions. However, I do realize that getting snuck up on does kinda get you aggitated. I was flying at a school and all of a sudden a kid standing right over my left shoulder says: "That looks like alot of fun". I proceeded to jump like a small child, and then told him he scared the crap outta me. But after I my fingers stopped shaking I showed off a little bit and told him about flying and everything that goes with it.

Mabye borzak was just having a bad day.
apman

Whoa horsey....! Yelling at a cop? Gotta be the dumbest act on the stage... they have guns and badges, and some have short tempers....
Sounds like that Trooper had a lot more manners than the guy flying, even if he did make the mistake of standing in front of the pilot. I'm sure he would have moved right out of the way with a polite request.

Hope that trooper got a smile from someone that day, he deserved it for not losing his cool at that knucklehead beginner.

Rick
Old 09-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Thread. Of. The. Year.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Actually.....

1. At no time did the State Trooper identify himself as "on a call". At no point did the trooper MOVE after I asked him to. I also had about the last 2 parts my antennae collapsed by the trooper when he stepped in front of me. Forcing me to move off to the side.

2. Yes I'm well aware that we have a State Trooper in our club. Many times he stops by while on duty and I'm flying for a few minutes - he never walks up to the flight line.

3. Your *** damn right I was pissed. My plane came less than 3 feet from the ground while inverted (having only soloeda month ago).

4. I'll stand by my guns - have a state trooper - or anyone for that matter stand between you and your pride and joy/plane while it's in the air and FLYING will piss you off.

5. Brooks - the person that took my call never once said he agreed that there was a problem. After I called and identified myself he never once said "yes there's a problem".
He only got upset because I called his fellow policeman "ignorant" while on the phone. I became even more pissed off when the person I was talking to on the phone said basically ther was nothing he could do, no way to look up who was out there or anything else for that matter - basically yeah yeah I'm gonna sit here and get you off the phone.

I'll stand by that argument. If - as an adult - you decide to stand between me and a plane flying that weights 6 pounds, swings a prop at 12,000 rpm - then I'll claim you as IGNORANT all day long.

He may have been ignorant of what was going on with the plane, but he was still an ignorant man for doing it.

As the trooper was leaving I asked for his name (I dind't read his tag as he was walking off) and he just gave me a half wave off and got in his car. I so wish I had gotten his name.

I hope the policeman in question never steps out on our field while I'm flying again and pulls the same stunt for his safety and those around him.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Borzak

Originally posted by Steve Campbell2
Okay; here's the rest of the story.

BTW, Borzak, I am a Louisiana State Trooper.

I spoke with Mike Brooks, the Troop A supervisor on duty today. He took your call. I listened to the recording. You were a total jerk, ranting about "100 pound airplanes" and the "dumbass trooper", etc., etc. Mike tried to calm you down several times to get more information, but you kept running your mouth and finally hung up after he asked for your name.

Steve
That's not what I said . I said on the tape that I was flying an approx 10 pound plane (it is actually 6) and that the trooper was ingorant.

What the guy did was HUGE mistake that I guess to get the scope of you would have to see in person.

But again I guess your just coming to the aid of a brother who made a bad mistake.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Buz^

Default bozerk!!

Ok so you can add filthy mouth to your list of accolades. What is it with you kid's that you have to curse to try and get your point across.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Johnnylightning

My old man curses like a sailor.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 PM
FlyBy1-RCU

Borzak, try some Prozak
Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Borzak

Default Re: bozerk!!

Originally posted by Buz^
Ok so you can add filthy mouth to your list of accolades. What is it with you kid's that you have to curse to try and get your point across.
I'm older than the trooper that came out there today!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM
HoovDriver

Default Wow

You had a chance to make some kind of amends or redeem yourself but you have definitely blown it now. You are being a J***@$$, and I am pretty sure from your previous posts that you are a good guy, or at least I thought you were. I am all for speaking your mind but when you are given a chance to see the other side and the other side actually makes sense you have to have the moral courage to accept that you could have been wrong. In your original post you state you landed and had "words" with the trooper, that you basically told him he was a fool then asked him to leave. Did you ever let him talk? Did you ever give him a chance to act like a human unlike yourself? Well I must say you are very lucky he just left, I am not as nice and had I been in his position I can guarantee I would have found something to get you for. My father is a Cop and has been for about 20 years now, He has always said that on traffic stops he usually just plans on giving a warning as nobody wants to deal with all the BS paperwork, unless of course the dip$*** gets rude or disrespectful. It seems like he just said screw it, here’s a guy who is obviously having a bad day I guess I’ll just give him some space. You on the other hand couldn't let it go and had to blab to the dispatcher.

We have a saying in aviation anytime you think the tower or approach/center is being an ********* or asking you to do something completely off the wall it's simply called "MARK TAPE” You then call the controlling agency and get a replay, if you are in the wrong or if you were in fact the one being the @$$ you do the right thing and personally seek out the controller / tower operator and apologize. If you were on the other end of things it is dealt with accordingly, this is how professionals do business. If you are so sure your right get the tape, I'm sure all of us here at RCU would love to hear it.

It may not be too late for you to apologize and just take it like a man, these guys and gals are doing a job that nobody should be asked to do. They put on that uniform each and every day knowing there are people out there that wouldn’t think twice about harming them or killing them. on top of all this there are people like you, the people that make their job unbearable at times, that show no respect, people that lack the mental ability to understand these officers are serving them each and every day. You owe this trooper an apology, whether you think he was in the wrong for standing in front of you or not you definitely were the @$$H***, nobody deserves to be treated that way, nobody.

ZK
Old 09-03-2003, 10:48 PM
BasinBum

Hey Blackie, this beats the heck out of your "bored" thread or my "LOL" thread. Thanks Borzak and especially thanks Steve Cambell!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Johnnylightning

Yeah, but can anyone beat "THE PLANE TRUTH..."?
Old 09-03-2003, 10:57 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Covering a bad mistake? Don't make me laugh. You want his name? No problem. Call Brooks back tomorrow between 0600 and 1800. He'll be happy to take your complaint. And that call will be taped, too.

Yeah, the kid screwed up. Probably scoping you out before initiating contact. Its a cop thing; but we're all idiots, right?

I haven't talked with him yet, but I'll bet money he was just trying to appear non-offensive while doing his job.

And Brooks said there was no way he could look up who was out there? He SENT him out there. Get a life, dude.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:15 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, what a bunch a rippers. Jerry Springer should be the moderator for this one. Bozark rips a state trooper a new one, trooper gets feelings hurt, Bozark tells his story to the world, and the world rips Bozark a new South Pole. Troopers boss tells the "truth" about the"incident" and phone tape scandal begins. Hoovdriver questions if Janet's avatar is really her? Or just some guy with great hair and a lot of makeup. Bozark rips back that he was right in how he acted, something about some guy meeting another guy and finding out they are cousins. Lots of swearing and punching and questions about parenting. BasinBum and Blackie may actually agree on something. All we need now is the gay cross-dressers who want to get married but cannot because one of them is still married to his sister.

Damn I love RCU sometimes, sure beats "The Real World".
Old 09-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Johnnylightning

scottrc, I think BAK_WOODS_HIK allready replied.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:18 PM
BasinBum

And now, the next episode of ," As the Borzak Turns"
Old 09-03-2003, 11:31 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, this one is too funny. Just goes to show how a hot headed not well thought out reaction can turn to backfire on you. Thats just too much.

We have one member just like this in our club. The bad part with him is he doesn't understand either.

Better get used to distractions Borzak. They are everywhere.

Better watch your speed close from now on. Thats going to hurt.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:51 PM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Well with what I have read and understanding that you have just soloed a month ago, I don't think it was a wise idea of flying inverted with a major highway around the area without someone with alittle more experience being with you. I don't know your flying habits or your learning abilities and such, but I would think that in itself was a dumb move. And reding the other Trooper's statement, if he heard the tape that was recorded from your conversation I would think he would not have anything to gain by lying and say that you said on the tape a 20 pound plane. Another thing to consider too. Troopers stick together and they ALWAYS have backup, whether it be a tape that was recorded during a call or whatever. So I would say to you that you should at least try to apologize in one sense or another. From my standpoint I know a good bit about law as my dad was a Maryland State Trooper and a Port Arthur cop in Texas. So in all honesty he was doing his job and like one other person said here the gentleman you were talking too on the phone knew who the Trooper was as he dispatched him out to the scene.

SORRY Dude have to take the Laws side on this one.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Borzak

I like how everyone here jumped to conclusions based on figments of their imagination.

1. We had words. I asked him to leave.

This has turned into "I ripped him a new one etc..."

After he stepped in front of me and partly collapsed my antaneae I did eventually ask him to leave because I was ticked.

If this other trooper does in fact talk to the trooper he's gonna find out I was more than nice to the guy. I never raised my voice, called him sir and answered his questions (which didn't involve anything with coming out for a call - at least he never said so because he never identified himself or what the problem was - why come out on a call and then not say someone said you were over the highway?). The whole discussion on the ground at the field was cordial (after my initial statement of "you scared the **** out of me)m and the officer never let on that there was a call, a problem with overflight of the highway (which was highly unlikely as I was patterning at the opposite end of the field to keep the sun at my back) or anythign else - other than "I wondered what this place was."

The whole conversation was "Hey what you doing" pretty loud for someone 6 inches behind me. Immediately followed by my one and only profanity "you scared the **** out of me". Then "Hey what's up" -when I saw it was a trooper - before he walked in front of me.

Followed by the trooper walking in front of me - between me and the plane. Followed by me asking him to move over so I could land - which I finally just side stepped the trooper and landed.

Then he said "I drive by here a lot and never knew what this place was..."

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't "Rip a trooper a new one" while he's on the job (which he for all he appeared to be was sightseeing - never mentioning the highway). I let the action run it's course on the field while being real nice and then took it up with the trooper I called on the phone.

When SteveCampbell talks to the trooper he's gonna find out there was no major discussion between us.

My main beef (other than the guy just walking in front of me while flying - between me and plane) was the guy on the phone who just blew the whole thing off. The 10 pound model was only mentioned to give the trooper on the phone an idea of the plane (IE not a foam park model - IE one that would do real damage if a mishap occured). Assuming the person I was talking to had no frame of reference to "a model plane".

I really don't understand how SteveCampbell talks about making a bad approach and coming over the highway. He says he was a member.....

Well for one thing the highway is 250-300+ yards off the east end of the runway. The same direction the sun is in the sky in the morning. As stated in my first post I was in the furtherst pilot box (The east box) so I could take off to the east (into the wind) and turn and fly on the west side of the field having the sun to my back. To fly over the highway he mentioned would require me to fly into the sun 300+ yards or more - while that's certainly a possiblity the odds of getting the plane back from out of the sun would be pretty low....

Probably what happened is a motorist called from a cell phone after just seeing a plane and mentioned the road by name (which also has a state highway number) and therefore it got passed onto state police. But I have no idea.

Anyway a lot of people in this thread just jumped to conclusions, in a few pages It will turn into "Borzak kicked a state troopers ass and is now on the run in 4 states....". Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.