Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

JCP commercial should be pulled

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

JCP commercial should be pulled

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default JCP commercial should be pulled

I just saw a JCP commercial where two kids are chasing a guy with an RC helicopter. Idont know about you guys, but Ifind it detrimental to our hobby, and dangerous. Not sure where to find the right contact to have this ad pulled as it is innapropriate.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 AM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JCP commercial should be pulled

ORIGINAL: acdii

I just saw a JCP commercial where two kids are chasing a guy with an RC helicopter. I dont know about you guys, but I find it detrimental to our hobby, and dangerous. Not sure where to find the right contact to have this ad pulled as it is innapropriate.
Your right, they should be chasing the cat.....
Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 AM
japan3d

I just saw a JCP commercial where two kids are chasing a guy with an RC helicopter. I dont know about you guys, but I find it detrimental to our hobby, and dangerous. Not sure where to find the right contact to have this ad pulled as it is innapropriate.
This is exactly why America is in the crapper. People man up, quit looking for someone else to blame. I bet one of the first thing that popped up in your mind was "Lawsuit". Can anyone explain how the human race survived prior to the liberals make life safer?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 AM
acdii

No, the first thing that popped into my mind was the damage that getting hit by an RC helicopter can do.   Its bad enough how the government comes down on our hobby when some moron buzzes a landmark, imagine if someone let their kids play with one of these and chased someone and actually hit them and seriously injured them! 

And chasing the cat is not funny, they will strike out at it and could break a paw, or worse mangle  or lose it.  I thought it would be fun with a little mcx to have the cat follow it, until the  cat leaped at it. 

The little helis may look like toys, but I hit myself with one and it hurt. I got a cut on my arm from the blade. 
Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Gollywock

For a safer hobby, you might try knitting or embroidery.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM
acdii

So are you condoning chasing someone with an RC helicopter? Are you volunteering?  I bet they can fly a lot faster than you can run and dodge one. 

In case you never read he AMA book, section B line 1

B.  RADIO CONTROL (RC)
1. All pilots shall avoid flying directly over unprotected people, vessels, vehicles or structures and shall avoid endangerment of life and property of others.

Seems pretty simple to me. 
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Gollywock

For a safer hobby, you might try knitting or embroidery.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

So are you condoning chasing someone with an RC helicopter? Are you volunteering? I bet they can fly a lot faster than you can run and dodge one.

In case you never read he AMA book, section B line 1

B. RADIO CONTROL (RC)
1. All pilots shall avoid flying directly over unprotected people, vessels, vehicles or structures and shall avoid endangerment of life and property of others.

Seems pretty simple to me.
I haven't seen the clip so it's hard to really comment, but if it's as you describe, No doubt you're right. I'm sure the fine print flashed at the bottom of the screen warning not to try this at home. they show all kinds of dangerous scenes on commercials. doesn't make me want to tow a trailer up a spiral ramp that's on fire with my truck

Email JCP with you concerns, posting here?? well you see what kind of response you've gotten.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 AM
acdii

I did, I posted on their FB account and got a nearly immediate response back.  Hopefully someone with some common sense will see the errors of their ways and pull the ad.  I didn't see a disclaimer,  then again I was too busy going *** in incredulation.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Live Wire

You were doing WHAT That won't get you to making left hand turns
Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought the same thing when I saw it the first time. Even though it was CG it still make us look bad.

david
Old 07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a disease, isn't it?

I'm sure it's been deliberately released into the population, by some nefarious Government research laboratory.

I expect that there's some tonsured Central-Planner, in a secret bunker, reading these posts and gleefully rubbing his hands at the success of his evil schemes.

Muhahahahaha.

BTW, did you know that towels are the leading cause of dry skin?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Live Wire

It's one of the new spy Drones
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This one?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/2XiCPJUpFHc[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/2XiCPJUpFHc

Not the best idea - letting the dog go after it, etc.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM
acdii

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4EQT...2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

this one.

13 second mark is a short clip of it.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
scale only 4 me

Wow,, really?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 AM
STUKA BARRY

Was that a heli or Nemo? I did'nt see any cat chasing, disappointed....
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just watched the ad.

Totally Innocuous!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

I agree!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I just saw a JCP commercial where two kids are chasing a guy with an RC helicopter.  
You mean, two kids with an RC heli chasing a guy?  OK, now I got it...  [8D]

And chasing the cat is not funny, they will strike out at it and could break a paw, or worse mangle or lose it.  
I chase my cat with my mCx, and we both quite enjoy it.  If anything bad happens, well, I figure the cat had it coming. 

This is exactly why America is in the crapper. People man up, quit looking for someone else to blame. I bet one of the first thing that popped up in your mind was "Lawsuit". Can anyone explain how the human race survived prior to the liberals make life safer?   
Puhhleeze....    Go back to the 'frank & unbiased' network with screaming reporters (who are probably screaming to be heard over the noise of their viewers eating from tinfoil trays with plastic utensils) .  That ad was surely previewed by the JCP legal team & approved. Corporations have never had it so good in the US, they get the laws passed & amended. Caps on jury awards that no longer cover actual losses and medical costs. Yeah, keep drinkin' THAT Kool-aid...
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Max_Power

.....What they need to edit out is kids flying models at school instead of learning something and that guy jacking around instead of working at his job!!! He is probably working for some government administration on the taxpayer's dime and about to hire some underlings because "He just can't get it all done"
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
scale only 4 me

LOL it's a kool-aid free for all
Old 07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

If we arent careful, people who watch the Roadrunner show will strap rockets to their backs while wearing roller skates too.... I think if people cant decide whats humor and whats not, well, lets hope Darwin and his theory was right, if not the world is in big trouble. Hey I wonder if the Model Rocket guys are unhappy with the Roadrunner cartoon?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
acdii

People are stupid and have done just that.  Kids see this and think, hey that looks like fun, lets go get one and chase someone with it.  Keep in mind, kids can learn to fly these things a lot quicker than we can, and they lack common sense and can do exactly what is shown and someone will get hurt.  Parents today are just as dumb, and wouldn't give two thoughts of getting kids an rc Helicopter and thinking its a TOY. 

Lets face it, people are stupid, and commercials such as this prove it.  It's one thing to have something like road runner cartoons, its a cartoon, once kids realize that what happens in a cartoon isn't real, and that happens really fast when they get smacked with a frying pan and it hurts and doesn't leave a face print, the cartoon is just a cartoon. However, they see real people doing something with a what they will perceive as a toy, and they are more than likely going to try to repeat it. 

As Daveopam said, it just will make us look bad.  I feel it is detrimental to our hobby.   Then again, those who mock it, can I chase you with my heli? Bet it will hurt like hell when it slams into your head.  Those blades may be made of thin wood, but believe me, at the speed they spin at, they will leave a mark! 

The producers probably thought it was cute, but in reality it is just dangerous. 
Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

dumbest rant ever...... don't like the add?..... Don't buy em..... smdh.... put on your big girl panties already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.