Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Interesting Headline

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 AM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Interesting Headline

This is the top story as of now on the Houston Chronicles Online product/newspaper. + alink to story.

UPDATED: 7 minutes ago

Man plotted Pentagon attack with toy bomber planes, feds say

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Ma...on-3696108.php

Interesting statement concerning the difficulty of flying a model aircraft about 1/2 way through.

Good end to a bad story except maybe a little harsher sentence?!?

Peace!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Headline

Old news really, this is just the plea deal.

He was more in danger of hurting himself than anyone else if I remember the details correctly.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Old news really, this is just the plea deal.

He was more in danger of hurting himself than anyone else if I remember the details correctly.

Yep , everyone knew that the guy was a flake , and in my opinion , one good thing came out of this .............

No one , and believe me , Ashland Ma. is only about 30 miles from me , so I'd have heard about it if they did , , , No one called for any kinds of bans or restrictions on our hobby because of this idiot . The fact that the public reacted correctly , didn't go for the knee jerk reaction , and blamed just the idiot rather than the hobby at large , , , Gives me hope for the fact that every idiot with a twisted plot won't be the end of our hobby . As some had doom and gloom predicted ...........
Old 07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

It's like smoking, the damage is cumulative but I'm for sure glad that nothing came out of it up there.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what it speaks worse about.  This kid's intelligence, or Northeastern's Physics department.  I'm no physics major, but I know you need a lot more than 15 lbs. of C4 to scratch the Pentagon.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I find the headline interesting in that he calls our planes toys (which they are except to some of us) but then tells how hard they are to fly in the article. I would have liked to see a little harsher sentence but since its a federal prison , no parole!!! I agree the public reaction, or lack of, to our hobby was a pleasant surprise!! Good ending, bad story!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
AndyW

In my opinion, the guy was set up as a patsy by the undercover cops. Easy to do. Find someone that's unbalanced, approach him, fill his head with all kinds of ideas and then, NAB him. Makes the FBI look good and spreads more "terrorism" fear so that bit by bit, your freedoms that "they" hate go out the window. Imagine, they hate us for our freedoms so the solution is to destroy those freedoms. That way, they can't hate us anymore and will leave us alone.

Sure.

Look up, NDAA.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:33 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

....and those with any experience of RC, even the slightest know that it would be next to impossible to be successful... odds are better of a meteor landing on your head... it was all half-baked in every sense... the fact that the media even reported it as they did was an entire sham.

I remember seeing video of some kind of scale F-4 Phantom, and another scale jet.. all done up to look like thier full-scale counterpart... and as models go they looked pretty good... they looked like miniature warbirds to be sure, and for someone not in the know.. there are those that might find it believable... yes... there are those out there I'm sure...

...but obviously they couldn't carry enough of anything to even blow-up a camels butt.. but first they'd have to be able to hit it.. haha... not going to, nor ever would happen.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
AndyW

Other news outlets show an F4 Phantom but the text refers to the F86 Sabrejet. No one else picked up on that discrepancy. Does the news just find any image to enhance the story or were they given the photo by the FBI? Did any of the news outlets do any investigative reporting? Question the details of the story? get a modeler's opinion? None of the above, as far as anyone can tell. So the "news" just regurgitates what they're told. But these days, to question authority is unpatriotic at best and treasonous at worst. Right. Hitler, Stalin, et al, would be smiling right now at the state of affairs in the "free-est" nation on earth. Right.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Hidde...38/38/Y/M.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEV5A...eature=related

Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
AndyW

A lesson in courage and what it REALLY means to be free. The strain in the drivers voice shows that he was fearful but stood his ground anyway. Courage does NOT mean being recklessly fearless. Courage is doing the right thing, fighting back, DESPITE your fear.

When Germans were asked, how could such an intelligent and sophisticated people have allowed the psycopathic Nazis to take over, they replied that it was done incrementally, bit by bit,,, UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. They never saw it coming.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Video...l?csp=obinsite

Old 07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
AndyW

One more and note the sidebar videos. LOTS of Americans are waking up to what's really happening in the once land of the free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z6Yb2cBI060

At least it's still home of the brave.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Newspaper and the rest of the new media's only goal is SENSATIONALISM. They are not interested in Facts or Truth.

As for cops setting the guy up- GET REAL ! ! !

As a retired cop with many years of service, I can't tell you how many times the new media made up their own story , regardless of fact, just to get people to read their paper or watch their new show. There were many times I was on the scene and then read about it in the paper. I would have to wonder in amazement, "where did they get that from" !

Remember hearing the famous words, " MORE AT TEN! "

Believe half of what you see and none of what you read.

Frank
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM
AndyW

Frank,

I agree with you pretty much, but you've been retired how long? In the last ten years, everything has changed. Under the National Defense Authorization Act, YOU can be arrested at the say so of the President, whoever he is at the time. No charges, no attorney, no rights, nothing,,, You can be tortured and held indefinitely. And that can happen on the say so of authorities that you MIGHT be a terrorist.

This is what the new media is reporting. Mainstream media has said nothing. And the new media never says more at ten or 11 or whatever.
The new media is on the net and is accesible 24/7.

Check into this using your contacts.

If I'm wrong, and it's a hoax, I want to know. Please get back to us with your findings.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
AndyW

Oh yes, and we had a case in Canada where some protesters were at one of the G7, or 8 or Bilderberg meetings, forget which one. Among little old ladies, middle aged moms and the such, three or four guys showed up in boots, khakis and bandanas covering their faces. The organizer of the PEACEFUL protest got suspicious and confronted these unknown to him "protesters". As the confrontation got louder, the police line moved in and surrounded the Khaki guys and took them down. As the cops were kneeling handcuffing them, both the boots of the guys and the boots of the cops were showing, plain as day. The boots and soles were IDENTICAL.

After the video was posted to Youtube, the Quebec police authorities apologized and promised they`d never do that again. They never revealed what it was that they were attempting to do. Well, you`ve got to be pretty naive to not realize that the khaki guys were undercover cops meant to rabble rouse and try to turn the PEACEFUL protest into something more so as to discredit the protesters and get them arrested. Next day the media would be fed whatever story fit the agenda of the authorities.

Pretty pathetic attempt,,,, your people do this with much more skill and professionalism.

I`d venture that you didn`t open any of my links.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM
AndyW

Frank,

You might also check your contacts within the police force about the Pentagon supplying police forces with billions worth of military grade weapons and material and tactics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5858bshJHZo#!

Then there's the hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition that DHS has purchased. http://theintelhub.com/2012/07/15/pr...mo-since-2009/ How many "terrorists" are they expecting to invade America, all at once? Or are they preparing for something worse like a civil war?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By Alex Thomas
theintelhub.com
July 15, 2012

In the last six months many articles and reports have been written that detailed the hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition that the Department of Homeland Security has purchased since Obama took office in 2009.

This astonishing amount of purchased ammunition has lead many to speculate and believe that homeland security is actively preparing for what they believe will be a bloody and extremely violent American uprising and or civil war.

When you couple this large scale buildup of ammo with bulletproof checkpoints, law enforcement bulletins labeling everyday Americans as possible terrorists, and a series of videos that painted middle class Americans as the new Al Qaeda you can clearly see that at least portions of DHS are planning for some sort of violent confrontation with the American people.

The chart below (broken up into three screen shots), put together by James Smith of the Prepper Podcast Radio Network, displays all the types of ammunition, the frequency of the purchases, the quantity, and the company that the ammo was purchased from.

Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying ammo as if they are about to go to war if that is not their exact plan?

It is also important to consider the fact that Obama has given DHS extraordinary powers in the event of an emergency regardless whether or not they created it in the first place.

Sadly, there is little to nothing standing in the way from rogue agents carrying out a false flag which in turn would give the entire agency dictator like powers, turning America into a full fledged Fascist police state.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 AM
AndyW

More, from, http://www.naturalnews.com/035301_Ob...od_supply.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

(NaturalNews) "We told ya so" just doesn't quite cut it anymore. As the American sheeple slept, selfishly refusing to take a stand against tyranny, the Obama administration has been plotting what can only be called a total government takeover of America.

On March 16, 2012, President Obama issued an executive order entitled, "NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS." (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...xecutive-order...)

This executive order states that the President alone has the authority to take over all resources in the nation (labor, food, industry, etc.) as long as it is done "to promote the national defense" a phrase so vague that it could mean practically anything.

The power to seize control and take over these resources is delegated to the following government authorities:

(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;

(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;

(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and

(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.

This takeover is designed, in part, to "stockpile supplies" for the U.S. military. Authority for this total takeover of all national resources is granted with nothing more than the writing of a single statement that claims these actions are necessary to "promote the national defense." As stated in the order:

the authority delegated by section 201 of this order may be used only to support programs that have been determined in writing as necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense:

(a) by the Secretary of Defense with respect to military production and construction, military assistance to foreign nations, military use of civil transportation, stockpiles managed by the Department of Defense, space, and directly related activities;

What all this means is that the U.S. government now claims the power to simply march onto your farm with guns drawn and demand all your crops, seeds, livestock and farm equipment.

Think I'm exaggerating? Read it yourself!

And for those living in denial who refuse to accept the reality of what's happening in America, remember the following:

• When NaturalNews reported on the existence of the NDAA, we were told our reporting was misleading because Obama opposed it and wouldn't sign it.

• When Obama betrayed America and signed the bill, we were told our reporting was misleading because "it didn't apply to Americans."

• When Obama admitted it did apply to Americans, he announced that he would choose "not to use it on Americans" but only by the grace of his restraint. Nobody who previously accused us of misleading the public had the integrity to offer us an apology and say, "Gee, you were right, it DOES apply to Americans!"

• Now Obama has seized control over all food, farms, livestock, water and transportation across America. How many brain-dead Americans will continue to live in denial and try to convince themselves this is not happening? Sticking your head in the sand does not make this go away...

What California did to Rawesome Foods, the Obama administration can do to everyone
Remember the armed raids on Rawesome Foods? With guns drawn, California authorities assaulted the food distribution center, arrested the farmers, then proceeded to destroy $50,000 worth of food including milk, eggs, cheese and watermelons. (http://www.naturalnews.com/033220_Ra...med_raids.html)

As outrageous as that raid was, it's only the beginning. Now, thanks to Obama's executive order, the federal government can conduct Rawesome-style raids on all farms, all grocery stores, all food co-ops and even individual home gardens.

It's written in plain English. This is no longer debatable and it's not a conspiracy theory. It's Obama administration policy. For what other purpose would this be issued in an executive order if it was not seen as actionable by the government? This piece of paper, you see, gives them the (false) authority to do whatever they want and then have the front-line soldiers who carry it out claim "we're only following orders."

Sound familiar? Heil Hitler!

Understanding the fraud
This executive order starts out by stating that the U.S. President is the "Commander in Chief" of the U.S. military. This is false. He is not the commander in chief unless and until Congress declares an Act of War. No acts of war have been declared in recent memory, and certainly not under Obama who doesn't even seek congressional approval for war.

So Obama is in no way a "Commander in Chief." In fact, it is questionable whether he is even a U.S. citizen.

The phrase "national defense" can be twisted to mean almost anything. It could be invoked from something as harmless as a barge sinking in the harbor. It could even be invoked based on fabricated intelligence such as a fake website post from someone alleged to be "Bin Laden's second in command" who appears to shout some sort of threat against the United States of America. So the claim that this seizing of national resources will only be done under some sort of national defense emergency is pure bunk both Obama and Bush before him have already declared we are living under a national defense emergency! Thus, the conditions described in this executive order have already been triggered. It is already in effect!

Notice how nothing in this document talks about protecting the People? Serving the People? Supporting the People? It's all about protecting the government! The government needs stockpiles of weapons, food and resources but YOU don't! Such is the philosophy of current government which sees itself as all powerful and the People as helpless, mindless slaves of the state.

Tyrannical governments concern themselves with important concepts such as continuity of government but never the continuity of liberty for the People. At the first drop of a hat, liberty gets thrown out the window to keep government in power.

Other signs of the takeover
• Last year, I interviewed Farmer Brad in central Texas, who openly stated, on camera, that FEMA has already started calling farms across Texas and demanding an inventory list of all their crops and seeds. Watch this interview yourself at: http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=72...674ED4857C08EC

• Yesterday in Chicago, the police arrested NBC reporters outside a hospital, screaming that their First Amendment rights could be taken away from them at any time:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/cop-arre...ays-your-first...

• Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta recently revealed in U.S. Senate testimony that the Obama administration takes its orders from the UN and that the U.S. Congress is now null and void. (http://wethepeoplefree.com/constitut...s-leon-panetta...) and (http://www.infowars.com/coup-detat-p...re-congress-ce...)

• When MF Global head Jon Corzine stole billions of dollars from investors (many were farmers), there were absolutely no investigations, no indictments and no criminal arrests! Massive financial theft is now openly tolerated in America as long as those doing the stealing are politically connected to the Obama administration. (http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-cojo...n-corzine.html)

Of course, it's not an Obama thing. Bush was much the same. It's not the name of the person in the Oval Office who matters, it's the fundamental lack of principles and ethics reflected across government today. Instead of protecting the rights of the People, today's corrupt governments are little more than criminal gangs who steal power and resources for themselves (and their connected buddies) while destroying the economy and stealing everything in sight from the real workers upon whose sweat-drenched backs America was built.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035301_Ob...#ixzz20rp950Wu
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 AM
AndyW

It gets worse. Heard of this from Fox, NBC, CNN, CBS ? http://www.naturalnews.com/036499_Gl...r_bribery.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

NaturalNews) GlaxoSmithKline employee and whistleblower Blair Hamrick has helped make medical history. Together with his colleague Gregory Thorpe, Blair blew the whistle on criminal practices taking place inside GlaxoSmithKline which have now led to the largest criminal admission and financial settlement in the history of western medicine. GSK is paying a $3 billion fine while pleading guilty to felony crimes. (http://www.naturalnews.com/036416_Gl..._criminal_char...).

Blair recently joined Mike Adams on the Health Ranger Report for a video interview. In this astonishing interview, Blair describes his firsthand knowledge of the "bribery" of physicians, the push for off-label marketing of drugs for unapproved health conditions, the illegal marketing of drugs to children, how 80 percent of physicians were willing to be "on the take," and other astonishing details from behind the scenes of the criminally-operated medical mafia known as Big Pharma.

The full video interview is available on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_RJ9QPG70U

And on TV.NaturalNews.com at:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=1F...753AA936722510

Blair Hamrick is also being interviewed on live national radio by Mike Adams on the Alex Jones Show, Tuesday, July 17th, beginning at 12 noon Eastern / 9 am Pacific (www.InfoWars.com). Those who miss the live broadcast can download the audio file from the Alex Jones Show archives at www.PrisonPlanet.TV

Below, we've published selected transcribed statements from Blair Hamrick as revealed in the above videos.

The worst decision ever made by any drug company
The $3 billion settlement was achieved with the help of the law firm known as Kenney & McCafferty (http://quitam-lawyer.com), specializing in whistleblower cases.

"When our clients were forced out of their marketing positions, GlaxoSmithKline ('GSK') had proof of illegal off-label prescription drug marketing. Our clients properly reported those marketing misdeeds to management in 2001. An ensuing GSK internal investigation verified their allegations, but the company took no action, choosing hefty profits over compliance and patient safety," said whistleblower attorney Tavy Deming of Kenney & McCafferty. (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...s-gsk-3-billio...)

"GSK could have saved hundreds of millions, perhaps a billion or more dollars of the $3 billion it paid today by following through on the combined Human Resources / Corporate Compliance investigation they launched. Instead they ignored evidence of improper marketing and physician kickbacks. When you look at the detail and accuracy of Greg Thorpe's written complaints distributed to the highest levels of Glaxo it's almost surreal that the company took no corrective action. Now more than a decade later, GSK is essentially admitting that Thorpe had been right in 2001," Kenney said. "It's been a very, very, very long 10 years for whistleblowers Thorpe and Blair Hamrick."

Court documents reveal even more details
The following PDF document contains selected pages from the "seventh amended complaint" filed in the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, where Gregory Thorpe and Blair Hamrick sued Smith Kline Beecham and GlaxoSmithKline.

This document shows some of the GENERAL ALLEGATIONS against GlaxoSmithKline. View the full document here:

http://www.naturalnews.com/files/GSK...int_Select_Pag...

These allegations are vast and disturbing. They include:

From 1997 to the present and continuing, GSK's marketing plan, devised at a senior executive level, has been to "Exploit the Bolus" of government-funded healthcare programs such as Medicaid and Tricare, with the direct and intended effect of causing the submission of false claims to such programs as identified herein.

GSK has illegally and fraudulently promoted and marketed the sale of its drugs for off label, non-medically accepted uses... As part of this scheme, GSK overtly and aggressively targeted physicians identified by GSK's prescription tracking methods to have the largest volumes of patients enrolled in government-funded healthcare programs such as Medicaid and Tricare.

GSK has paid illegal remuneration (i.e. kickbacks) to physicians and other health care providers with the purpose and intent of inducing those physicians and healthcare providers to prescribe GSK drugs in return in violation of the federal Anti-Kickback law and the analogous anti-kickback laws of the Plaintiff States.

Top level GSK managers and executives, including but not limited to GSK's Chief Executive Officer J.P. Garnier, current President of Pharmaceutical Operations David Stout, Vice Chairman of Pharmaceuticals (and former President of Pharmaceutical Operations) Robert A. Ingram, Senior Vice President Stan Hull, Regional Director Mike Bennett, and Vice President and Head of Corporate Compliance Arjun Rajaratnam, have been aware of GSK's illegal marketing schemes and have played an active role in supporting and promoting these schemes.

Astonishing quotes from whistleblower Blair Hamrick
The following are all quotes from Blair Hamrick, as found in this Health Ranger Report interview with Mike Adams. Watch the full video at:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=1F...753AA936722510

How it all began:

It started out, we were discussing where the company was going and how the company had taken a turn asking us to do unethical and illegal things. Selling drugs off label. Selling drugs to children that the drug says specifically in its package insert this drug is not indicated for children under 18, but they were asking us specifically to sell it to children.

Being trained to sell drugs off label:

When we would have regional meetings, we would train on how to sell off label. How to find niche products for instance, like Wellbutrin, it was indicated for depression, but then apparently they were not satisfied with the amount of money they were making, so they started pushing it for weight loss, for pediatrics, for sexual dysfunction. You've probably heard the quote, this catch phrase went around to doctors you could only see for a brief second. Hey doc, remember Wellbutrin is the happy horny skinny drug. These are catch phrases that drills the name of the drug in the back of the doctor's mind, and they get duped into writing prescriptions for a product that may not be appropriate.

That was for when you only had a minute to talk to the doctor. Remember Wellbutrin it's the happy horny skinny drug. Now, if you actually got the opportunity to speak to the physician for a sit-down appointment, you may then start talking about things like intimacy and depression, and how with the competitor drugs like Paxil, patients have problems with their libido, and you should use Wellbutrin because it increases the libido, so depending on what your primary drug was to promote, we were trained on uncovering what doctor's objections were and then to come back, and spin it so that the doctor would start writing your drug.

About off-label marketing:

When a company actively markets a drug that is not indicated for a specific disease state, that is a violation of the law. ...And it's commonplace.

About spinning side effects:

With those studies, you're trained to focus on how well it works, but don't focus on the side effects so much. You don't really want to bring that one up. If they ask the questions, then you can address it, but let's spin it in a very positive manner.

[We would say] well, doctor, the insomnia [side effect] is transient. So it's only a problem for the first couple of days. Once your patients acclimate to the drug, the insomnia will fade away. So it's a spin machine.

For instance the drug Advair for asthma. They came out with the S.M.A.R.T. data, showed an increase incidence of death in African American people. So the study was stopped, they had black box warnings in the package insert, we were trained to tell the doctors well, doctor, you know most people of lower socioeconomic conditions are not compliant with their medications, so with Advair you don't have to worry about your patients not taking their inhaled corticosteroid because Advair is a combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta-agonist. So it's always a spin, so they were basically, according to our complaint, taking a very negative dangerous outcome of a drug [study] and trying to spin it as positive.

About corporate responsibility for products that harm consumers:

When you look at a drug like Wellbutrin, and it has a 0.1% incidence of seizure, that's one in a thousand, but if you're that one person that has a seizure, it's 100 percent [for you]. Where [we] drew the line is realizing that if a child has a seizure, who's responsible? Is it the doctor? Is it me? Is it the company? Where does the buck stop? And unfortunately in the corporate world, there are so many veils of protection that... they're a corporate defendant which is nothing more than a table full of attorneys, and nobody pays the price.

It's offensive. In my opinion, they have no regard whatsoever for precious human life. ...But I have suffered nothing compared to a parent whose child has committed suicide on Paxil. Imagine how horrifying that is. It's so repulsive. You're just talking about a bad company run by bad people, in my opinion.

About holding drug company CEOs criminally responsible for their acts:

When will the public be outraged and say enough is enough? Because this kind of behavior will continue until somebody goes to prison. They're hurting our children. It's offensive, it's immoral, it's unethical, and for a company to have the slogan of letting people do more, and live longer and do better, and then hide behind that slogan [while] you're telling your sales reps to sell off-label to children... how evil does it get? It just doesn't get any more evil than that.

Illegal kickbacks and the bribery of doctors
I was promoted when I was with Glaxo, after about two years with Glaxo, to a specialty position, I was called a therapeutic area specialist. So one of my jobs was to recruit local speakers, to become trained on the drugs to go and speak to other physicians. You're taking them down the primrose path of payoffs.

First, they have to start writing the drug, and if they're not writing the drug enough, you have to get on them about that, then when they do a speaking program at $2,000 for 30 minutes anywhere from $500 to $2500 for a half-hour talk then if the message they are sending is not exactly the way you want it to go, then you coach the doctor about here's our marketing message, this is the point we want to get out to other physicians... so yes, I saw it firsthand.

I even had doctors who, when I walked into their office and they found out I was the therapeutic area specialist, they were like hey, can you set me up with the speaking program? Because it's extra money. There are even doctors out there, they make so much money on the speaking tours, they start hiring nurse practitioners or other doctors to see their patients, and they may only go into the office two or three times a month. Because they're out speaking. It's so lucrative. ...[they can make] $6,000 in one day to do three half-hour presentations. ...And most of the slide shows come from the company marketing departments.

At the time I left Glaxo, they had over 40,000 speakers on their speakers' bureau.

According to court documents, GlaxoSmithKline had actually developed a network of "speakers" (i.e. primarily doctors receiving kickbacks for writing prescriptions) totaling 49,000.

Sources for this story include:
http://www.naturalnews.com/036385_Gl...nal_fraud_brib...
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...ettlement-unzi...
http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/gl...leblower-talks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_RJ9QPG70U
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM
AndyW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FyfkQkchlu4

Scroll to the 13 minute mark and get very, very angry. I remember during Katrina that there was one station that reported a firefight between two seperate, uniformed forces. One report, one station and then the story disappeared.

Wake up America.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM
AndyW

And finally, there's still hope for us yet.

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.co...vention/17822/
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
AndyW

And one more, for the road. The REAL reason Afghanistan was invaded. http://www.federaljack.com/?p=176045

“If Afghanistan can become the central Asian ’roundabout,’ to use President Karzai’s term, to where it can be the new Silk Road, think of the implications for that, recalling that, of course, Afghanistan is blessed with the presence of what are trillions, with an ‘S’ on the end, trillions of dollars worth of minerals if, and only if, you can get the extractive technology, the human capital operated, the lines of communication to enable you to get it out of the country and all the rest of that. Very big ‘if.’ And of course, there’s a foundation of security that would be necessary on, on which to build all of that. But, again, the prospects are very significant if you can achieve objectives.” — Gen. David Petraeus, Meet the Press, Sunday, August 15th, 2010.