Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

London Olympics are fantastic!!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

London Olympics are fantastic!!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:49 AM
hemiflyer1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: London Olympics are fantastic!!

Great thread! These people that don't like it or don,t get it should have read the title better. London has been better to watch then all the rerun and other crap on TV.  Plus,  most of the stuff is just amazing to watch, almost mesmerizing
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the Chinese taken the GOLD in the ARF division, yet ?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If we had R/C scale at the Olypmics, there would be huge problems with doping for WWI-era aircraft.

Jim
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

If we had R/C scale at the Olypmics, there would be huge problems with doping for WWI-era aircraft.

Jim
That's the best line in this whole thread.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

[quote]ORIGINAL: Granpooba

Have the Chinese taken the GOLD in the ARF division, yet ?

You are so right. We Americans have no chance against Chinese in the ARFs or engines division

Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

I always thought Benny Hill was cool!
Tim
Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not a big Olympics fan, but I thought the opening ceremony with the Queen and James Bond was absolutely fabulous and a testament to the sense of humor and traditionism of the people of the UK. I was proud for them and admired their fervor. It is tough in these economic times to please everyone and to even have a big turnout for an event, but the people of England have a great deal to be proud of...as far as I am concerned you are putting on a first class show! Cheers to my English brethren!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Tjettzky

I'd like to be active on this thread since I love the Olympics (even these lesser, sun-based Olympics.  Give me the Winter Olympics all day long!) but I'm afraid results will be shared before they are aired here in the Mid-West and I've already had 2 swimming events and 3 soccer games ruined by seeing the results early.  So, I'll hop in after the Games.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

I also love the London Olympics.  I record all the events.  USA blew the lead in the 400 relay Michael should have anchored. 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
CellTech

It must be nice to enjoy the Olympics. NBC has made sure that the viewer has a miserable Olympic experience. Two hours of commercials for one hour of programing that NBC determines for you. I only wish NBC would let the viewer watch the sports and not the NBC Fluff and limited sports events.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:35 PM
jimmac

ORIGINAL: CellTech

It must be nice to enjoy the Olympics. NBC has made sure that the viewer has a miserable Olympic experience. Two hours of commercials for one hour of programing that NBC determines for you. I only wish NBC would let the viewer watch the sports and not the NBC Fluff and limited sports events.
I don't know if you guys in the USA can use the BBC i player program to watch any of this stuff, I don't even know what if anything might be on there but it must be worth a try.
Jim.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
beepee

Tell me ...

Are the NBC broadcasts all and only about Americans as I remember they have been in the past? Being one too, I am very interested in our countrymen's performance, but I want to watch the Olympics as a whole. One nice thing about being expatriated overseas is that we can see much more of the complete games. OK, I am watching British Eurosports broadcast, but they have much better general coverage than I remember getting from NBC.

Bedford
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 AM
okdreamin
My Feedback: (9)

Hey guys,   I have always been a huge olympic fan.  I wouldnt say this is the best one ever.  opening cer. was average for the olympics.  if it is so great this time why are the event stands mostly empty.  pretty poor planning on the brits.  and how about the stupidity of having to put the flame out sunday night and move the flame because it was in the way for part of track and field events.

NUFF   SAID   

Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings
it was an excellent opening and a great show.
Disagree; what I saw was a shameless endorsement for nationalized healthcare. Anyone who thinks this wasn’t an effort to effect an upcoming American election has there head in the sand. Americans don’t want it, polling data proves it. What I saw was another example of a failed liberal policy being sold as some great success. Both Great Brittan’s and Canada’s heath care systems suck and I want no part if it.

Darren
Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I never find the pomp and circumstance of olypmic openings very dry regardless of the hosting country..this was no exception.the musical history tribute was wayyyy to long and I switched channels.I am glad that the events have gone off well and theres no controveresy.my pet ***** over here is the upcoming RNC convention here in tampa.I have come to the realization that its a waste of time.think about it..the candidates are already established by our wacky primary contests.so why are wating monies on it.talk about pomp and circumstance!just a big party and major inconvenience to us locals.

so enjoy the festivites and ignore us you should feel alot of pride .I just like being quiet .must admit the canoe shalom is awesome !!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Dave Kelly

Sorry Alasdair,

I liked the Arctic Monkies!
Jim Mac...boo hiss misery in Broxburn continues, killjoy!

best regards
Dave
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM
jimmac

ORIGINAL: Dave Kelly

Sorry Alasdair,

I liked the Arctic Monkies!
Jim Mac...boo hiss misery in Broxburn continues, killjoy!

best regards
Dave
Now now David we all know your taste in music resides where you park it on the china first thing in the morning, how are
you doin I see you have survived Frankreich. Hope you had a good time I will speak to you later. BTW are you ashamed of telling everyone you live in TheBirth place of Mary Queen of Scots and Victor Meldrew.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM
jimmac

-
ORIGINAL: rrragmanliam

ORIGINAL: FalconWings
it was an excellent opening and a great show.
Disagree; what I saw was a shameless endorsement for nationalized healthcare. Anyone who thinks this wasn’t an effort to effect an upcoming American election has there head in the sand. Americans don’t want it, polling data proves it. What I saw was another example of a failed liberal policy being sold as some great success. Both Great Brittan’s and Canada’s heath care systems suck and I want no part if it.

Darren
Hi Darren,
I never watched the opening ceremony so I can't comment on what you saw but I can about the cr*p you speak,In what way is the UK's health service crap sorry suck.I am going to ask you one question do you consider yourself a christian, you can reply as you wish.AS for our health care system is based on the principal of universal health care for all regardless of your income or background, unlike your morally and probably financially corrupt system where if you cant pay you can die or lose everything you own to pay for your health I feel sucks.I think any human regardless of their nationality wants to refuse to have universal health care for all the people in their country are no more better than the people who carry out genocide for whatever pitiful reason they do.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
DeferredDefect

Hey Darren - What on earth did you see in the opening ceremonies would give you the impression otherwise? I've been very impressed with the UK and Canadian systems. Have you had any bad experiences with them?

I am very impressed with the quality and entertainment value of the games so far. Friendly competition between nations, even ones that may not get along, is one of the best ways to realise how important the Olympic games are.
Personally, I'm more interested in the Winter Games, but that's probably biased from our Canadian sporting preferances!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

what I saw was a shameless endorsement for nationalized healthcare.  
??

Whatever he's takin', I want a hit!   
Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Ok Jimmac here we go.
ORIGINAL: jimmac do you consider yourself a christian[?]
If you mean have I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and do I realize that the only way I can have a relationship with the living God is to accept the sacrifice Jesus made for my sins on the cross, well then yes I am a Christian.

ORIGINAL: jimmac AS for our health care system is based on the principal of universal health care.
Yea I understand the premise. I meant a nationalized government run health care system. The private sector can and does do it better.

ORIGINAL: jimmac regardless of your income or background....
Your wrong here, what your system does is create a larger demand on a diminishing supply. It's why you have to wait days and weeks and months for appointments and procedures. Many patients with the means bypass your and Canada’s healthcare system and come to the states for treatment because they know the can get care now not later. Additionally we have a healthcare plan for those who cannot afford private health insurance it’s called Medicade .

ORIGINAL: jimmac I think any human regardless of their nationality wants to refuse to have universal health care for all the people in their country are no more better than the people who carry out genocide for whatever pitiful reason they do.
Think what you want. What I think is this is a stupid statement the two are in no way analogous.

Darren

Old 07-31-2012, 12:10 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: rrragmanliam

Ok Jimmac here we go.
ORIGINAL: jimmac do you consider yourself a christian[?]
If you mean have I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and do I realize that the only way I can have a relationship with the living God is to accept the sacrifice Jesus made for my sins on the cross, well then yes I am a Christian.

ORIGINAL: jimmac AS for our health care system is based on the principal of universal health care.
Yea I understand the premise. I meant a nationalized government run health care system. The private sector can and does do it better.

ORIGINAL: jimmac regardless of your income or background....
Your wrong here, what your system does is create a larger demand on a diminishing supply. It's why you have to wait days and weeks and months for appointments and procedures. Many patients with the means bypass your and Canada’s healthcare system and come to the states for treatment because they know the can get care now not later. Additionally we have a healthcare plan for those who cannot afford private health insurance it’s called Medicade .

ORIGINAL: jimmac I think any human regardless of their nationality wants to refuse to have universal health care for all the people in their country are no more better than the people who carry out genocide for whatever pitiful reason they do.
Think what you want. What I think is this is a stupid statement the two are in no way analogous.

Darren

Okay, would this happen in the UK or Canada?

I totaly screwed up my knee on vacation and then I went to a jet-fly where it was so bad, I had to get a golf cart to go to and from the Flight line to the set up tents and my RV. (I couldn't miss Kentucky Jets)I called on Wednesday (July 11, 2012 and got an appointment the following Wednesday (July 18, 2012). I saw one of the top orthopedic surgeons in Pittsburgh and am scheduled for a full Knee replacement on August 8th. Excactly 4 weeks from first visit to surgery.
My company Health care plan had no issues, and will cover nearly all of the charges. I am looking forward to being able to being active again with no pain. I will be 53 tomorrow.
What kind of waits would I expect in the Uk or Canada?
Will my company still provide health care as part of my salary package?
Well, as the former speaker of the house said,"We have to pass health care law to know what's in it"
I want no part of it........................
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Exactly, not to mention that with any given procedure there are many different methods of treatise....half a dozen surgery methods for a hip replacement alone. I don't want the Government or another Czar deciding whether I get the tissue or muscular method without recourse by me. They should have gone after Tort Reform but lacked the spine. Their solution: spend more, solve part of the problem, create many new problems. This of course leads to even more laws to solve the new problems when they should have identified and focused on the original cancer in the first place...but hey, it makes good theater and they can all look busy while they get nothing done.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimmac

AS for our health care system is based on the principal of universal health care for all regardless of your income or background, unlike your morally and probably financially corrupt system where if you cant pay you can die or lose everything you own to pay for your health I feel sucks.I think any human regardless of their nationality wants to refuse to have universal health care for all the people in their country are no more better than the people who carry out genocide for whatever pitiful reason they do.
Oh, can Iplay? In the US the "easy" health care is if you are poor you go to the Emergency Room and then the state/fed pays your way through the gift oftaxpayer subsidy. Just like their foodstamps and housing allowance, tuition grants, etc. The rich can afford the best and do. It's only the suffering middle class that must pay both taxes and medical insurance/ high deductables who suffer the burden. But we're disappearing through attrition and soon the poor will flow out ouf our country into Mexico and Canada. ;-) Natural tidal cycles.

But on the other hand - our horrible and lousy school systems are much in demand by all theforeign students who come here to study medicine and science. Go figure.

My ancestors booked out of England in the early 1700's; having stopped there long enough to despoil it on their way out of Normandy.Ican pick it out on a map. It's that little airstrip justoff the coast of France.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
DeferredDefect

Our waiting times are not as bad as you think, especially considering how many hospitals there are in the US compared to Canada. While there are many options for insurance in the states, we at least don't have to worry about insurance companies not following through, being rejected for coverage in the first place, or suffering from an accident. It doesn't matter who you are, what plan you have, or how much you make - you get the same treatment as anyone else. 

As Canadians, our healthcare is something we are very proud of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.