Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Most important improvement to this site

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Most important improvement to this site

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 02:14 AM
rameleni1
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most important improvement to this site

I have sold, and bought many things here. I know of many people being screwed out of money sent on items bought. I think this is a problem here. I know most people have no problems, but there should be some sort of protection. Posting their names is not enouph. If I am right, this is like a garage sale here. I have heard of people being suspended for a few weeks for trouble, but nothing on refunds. There should be a system like on Ebay with buyer protection. I would guess that would mean manditory fee's for placing a item, and or buying one. I'm only out 30.00 here for a canceled M.O., Not hundred's of dollars like some. The Karma here helps allot. I have learned my lesson, and doubt I'll be screwed again. I just wondered what the rest of you feel about this. If you sent Joe 300.00 for a plane, and get nothing, what are you going to do about it?.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:49 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Most important improvement to this site

Why do people think we built the "new RCU"? This was one major reason for it. Users will have to provide a credit card to sell on RCU and we verify the address. This means we verify their name and address for them to sell. This means that the level of fraud will be lower and a user will need to jump through many more hoops if fraud is their intention. One cannot sell on the new site without proper credentials.

Also our karma system is revamped and hopped up. Covers auctions and classifieds. Following a users Karma on RCU will help keep you safer. We also have escrow option for maximum protection.

All ebay does if fraud is found is refund the sellers money (if you were a seller) and terminates the fraudelent users account. Ebay's maximum reimbursement for fraud is $175 and you must meet certain criteria. For example if you lose $26 you are only eligible to receive $1 back. If you lose $100 you can receive $75 back. If you lose $500 you are eligible to receive a maximum of $175 back. It is something but it isn't 100% of your loss and you must meet criteria. To meet this criteria for one thing both traders must be in good standing with ebay (how many fraudelent traders are in good standing?). Final winning bid must be over $25.

The amount of fraud on RCU as a % of trades that happen here is extremely low but it does happen. Do protect yourself whenever you feel uncomfortable with a transaction and if something doesn't smell right or looks to good to be true use escrow or walk away...