Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Most Blatant

Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Most Blatant

Hi Guys,
Hobby King has the worst company policy about refunds and out of stock procedures of any company I've ever done business with..."period." Its sad...but true...they suck in returning your funds, once they get their sticky fingers on it. I have bought four times from them and learned the hard way how to buy from them...and how not to buy from them. I do 90% of my hobby business from U.S. and Western companies...because...they honor the deal. H.K. doesn't have a clue to doing "Western Style Customer Service." Sadly for them...I've lived and worked in China...and not all Chinese companies do business like H.K. does. H.K. has raised the level of deceptive customer relations to an all time level. Not all their products are junk...some of it is acutally quite good...but some is actually true junk. And yes...I may buy from them...but only if I am not able to get what I need from Western dealers.

If you go to their web site...and read what fellow modelers write up, about the products they sell...lots of negative adds are removed. Some writers re-post their negative ciomments about a product...and my hat is off to them, with a thanks and happy landings always.

I posted a negative comment about H.K. here on RCUniverse and you would be suprised how many guys chimmed in and told me I was full of camel ka-ka...that H.K. was the best and walked on water...ect., ect., ect.

Truth be known...just look at how many folks have issues with H.K. and that should be your clue to who these guys are, or are not.

They are improving...my last puchase was painless...but I learned how to buy from them. That is what is sad...I had to learn how to do business with this company. Now what does that say about any company...not just Hobby King...( and may the flies of 1000 camel infest their private parts).

Soft landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My head hurts after reading this crap. I got caught up in this stuff awhile back and decided I just don't care to be involved. Personally I see no difference between the HK lovers and the ones hell bent on hunting them down. I'm having way to much fun flying maybe you all might want to check that part of the hobby out. I buy from anyone who has what I need.

Mike
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

My head hurts after reading this crap. I got caught up in this stuff awhile back and decided I just don't care to be involved. Personally I see no difference between the HK lovers and the ones hell bent on hunting them down. I'm having way to much fun flying maybe you all might want to check that part of the hobby out. I buy from anyone who has what I need.

Mike

Hey Mike2663, I fly almost every day if it's not raining or too windy. I also buy from almost anyone who has what I need but I have a short list of companies to avoid and of course Hobby King is at the top of the list and for good reason. I have found that headsupRC and Hobbypartz have prices that are about the same as the HK US warehouse prices on almost everything plus a better selection, same day shipping, sometimes free or $2.00 shipping, and excellent customer service. Same goes for LowpriceRC and Leaders Hobby who both have prices comparable to HK's Hong Kong warehouse and also have fast shipping and very good customer service and communication.

So by all means buy stuff wherever you like but if you read this thread you can see that most of us prefer not to throw our money away on cheap stuff sold by a company that does business like a carnival pick pocket.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

Topspin have you any idea how much Hobbypartz charge for shipping outside the US. I'll give you a hint, its a lot, a **** lot, a rip off lot, a I cant believe your robbing me blind lot, a ha ha you bloody stupid foreigner lot, a don't buy from HK they are crap lot.

Can you give me details of another supplier that will sell me an ASP46 for $55 and $15 shipping to Europe?
Anytime before the end of the week would be great.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

Topspin have you any idea how much Hobbypartz charge for shipping outside the US. I'll give you a hint, its a lot, a **** lot, a rip off lot, a I cant believe your robbing me blind lot, a ha ha you bloody stupid foreigner lot, a don't buy from HK they are crap lot.

Can you give me details of another supplier that will sell me an ASP46 for $55 and $15 shipping to Europe?
Anytime before the end of the week would be great.

Well here you go Seamus: http://www.justengines.unseen.org/index.html

The problem with the ASP .46A is that it is discontinued in favor of the .52 A. Also, the ASP line of engines the Hobby King sells are total junk so you are money ahead to spen an extra 10 or 15 euros to get a much higher quality engine from these guys. Shipping is fast and they actually have a warranty service that works unlike HK. Best of luck.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

Thanks
But the prices there are 
$91.70 for the motor and $12.59 shipping that's a total of $104.29
or put it another way 50%.

Have you any other suppliers I need the motor in about 3/4 weeks.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 AM
topspin

Thanks
But the prices there are

I could probably look but what for, the motor you want, the ASP.46AII is on backorder at HK and will probably not be restocked for some time so unless you want to go somewhere else you are SOL. There are plenty of other hobby dealers in Hong Kong and Taiwan that have the same or similar engines for the same or similar prices so there really is no argument. The only advise I can give is buy a better motor it is worth it. OS engines cost more because they are made from the highest quality materials using the highest quality machining techniques. They will last for many years where the ASP engines will wear out in short order. It's your money Seamus.

By the way, are you compensated in any way by Hobby King to be on this or any other forum? Either in monetary payments or store credits? I have to ask.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Live Wire

Topspin
You know with all the problems that RCU is haveing with their site, Avertiseing , buy and sell and any thing that has anything to do with promoting this hobby reflects back to these payed ppl doing their job and drumming up business for a product that they back. Makes sense if you can take bussiness from some one else and add to yours. It is done all the time even with local bussiness. Go see Joe blow down the block, he sells for less and has a online store I buy from him all time and get great deals.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

This thread couldn't be more of a prime example of what the OP was talking about. If you read down the posts, you can tell exactly who is scrambling to pick up the little pocket change HK is throwing out. They are the ones screaming HK is the best supplier in the world!
Have you ever noticed how cockroaches scurry when you shine a light on them?
I think being a schill is just as low as HK paying them to be schills.
Honestly, anyone defending HK and their practice of paying schills will be looked upon with the same disdane as the company doing it. I make a mental note of who they are so I know not to have any dealing with them in the classified sections.

Do I have a hidden agenda against HK? Nope, nothing hidden about it. I did a search before I bought from them and ended up reading a couple of the posts by schills and got suckered in by their BS. I will never buy from that place again.

Some posts on here say if you don't like them shut up and leave them alone and go buy from someone else. I personally look for good honest opinions about a company before I buy from them and am grateful for posters like the ones on here that tell the truth about their experiences with a bad vendor. I work hard for my money and without "REAL" stories from "REAL" customers I would make the mistake of throwing even more money and time into a company with the morals of an Alley Cat.

Vendors like HK give a black eye to all of the true hobby distributors in this sport. They kill the spirit of up and coming modelers who save their money to buy their first plane/car/boat only to have all of their hopes bashed when they open the box and find the cheap worthless crap these companies are flooding the market with and promoting as top of line RC products.
I have been in this sport for over 30 years and have seen companies come and go. Service makes the difference and companies like Horizon, Tower, Chief, etc. all know this.
I am hoping HK's 15 minutes of fame will hurry and pass so they can fade quietly into the dark like so many like them have done through the years.

By the way, I am so glad RCU is a true open forum. I made a post about my issues with HK on that other site that is obviously HK's little pet and it was deleted. Nothing aganst forum policy in my post, all fact stated but it put HK in a bad light. They have crowded their pages with so much advertising and propaganda from HK you can't tell what is web page and what is a link to HK's fabulous (lol) product line.

OK, flame suit on. Bring it schill scum.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

ORIGINAL: topspin

Thanks
But the prices there are

I could probably look but what for, the motor you want, the ASP.46AII is on backorder at HK and will probably not be restocked for some time so unless you want to go somewhere else you are SOL. There are plenty of other hobby dealers in Hong Kong and Taiwan that have the same or similar engines for the same or similar prices so there really is no argument. The only advise I can give is buy a better motor it is worth it. OS engines cost more because they are made from the highest quality materials using the highest quality machining techniques. They will last for many years where the ASP engines will wear out in short order. It's your money Seamus.

By the way, are you compensated in any way by Hobby King to be on this or any other forum? Either in monetary payments or store credits? I have to ask.

Links would be great!
I get an indirect payment from HK, ie I'll get a payment of $30 by not buying the ASP from Just engines.
You give me a better link and I'll buy from them. I really dont give a crrp where I buy from as long as I get the best price, its call personal choice.
PS bought a Thunder Tiger 75fs from Tower it cost twice the price of an ASP but I needed to keep the same mounting holes of a ASP61 I broke the conrod on while running in.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of over 40 years with glow engines, I've never broke a con rod during break in. I have seen others destroy an engine trying to break then in while running them way to lean.

So which was it for you? Running it lean with wot? I kind of doubt that it just broke on it's own.

And knowing Tower, if they had received other complaints about the same engine coming apart, they would have replaced it free of charge.

Since you are the only one that has had a con rod come apart, it says something about how you were running it in.

Yet you try to induce the impression that Tower engines are junk.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Out of over 40 years with glow engines, I've never broke a con rod during break in. I have seen others destroy an engine trying to break then in while running them way to lean.

So which was it for you? Running it lean with wot? I kind of doubt that it just broke on it's own.

And knowing Tower, if they had received other complaints about the same engine coming apart, they would have replaced it free of charge.

Since you are the only one that has had a con rod come apart, it says something about how you were running it in.

Yet you try to induce the impression that Tower engines are junk.

You noticed that too Frank.... He also was trying to bait me with providing him links to other suppliers. He has a computer he can look them up himself, I just found one who sells that brand which IMO are junk. Tower engines are pretty good for low cost and they are backed by a real warranty and not the " take pictures and weigh stuff" before we tell you to pound sand like Hobby King does. Tower will replace any defective product, I have never known them not to. Don't spen your $100.00 all in one place Seamus.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

Who the hell are you, to insult me without any knowledge of my mechanical qualifications.
Tower don't make engines they sell them.
They did replace the engine after I paid to return it to the US, but as I explained to them I now
have a motor I have no faith in, do you want to buy it NIB.
I had a PAW 19 diesel break a conrod but that was in 1977

[quote]ORIGINAL: countilaw

Yet you try to induce the impression that Tower engines are comments on my abilities?

Who the hell are you to offer those comments

Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM
topspin

[quote]ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

Who the hell are you, to insult me without any knowledge of my mechanical qualifications.
Tower don't make engines they sell them.
They did replace the engine after I paid to return it to the US, but as I explained to them I now
have a motor I have no faith in, do you want to buy it NIB.
I had a PAW 19 diesel break a conrod but that was in 1977

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Yet you try to induce the impression that Tower engines are comments on my abilities?

Who the hell are you to offer those comments

I'll give you that, Tower no longer sells their own brand of Glow engines, there was a time when they did and I'm sure they were re-branded Super Tiger motors. In any case I find it interesting that you have an engine that you have no faith in yet you are willing to buy one from Hobby King. But like I said earlier there are a bunch of chines hobby dealers who sell glow engines just as inexpensively as Hobby King so let your fingers do the walking and your wallet do the talking. I bet there are dealers in the UK who sell high quality glow engines with a gold plated warranty.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

And as I said give me a link and I buy it. 
And please don't answer for countilaw as it he who insulted me.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a shill for Hobby Krap ! That's who the hell I am. In so much as your screen name, I will avoid you like a case of leprosy. Just face it, you may not know as much about engines as you think you do.

And if you what to shill for Hobby Krap go back to RCGoofs!

Frank
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, this thread has gone just a bit too far. I'm shutting it down.

Ken