Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

candy drop box

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM
arrdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default candy drop box

I'm building a candy drop box, and would like some suggestions on how to make the linkage to open and close the doors. If you have already done this please share your success? thanks, Arrdee
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: candy drop box

The box lid (bottom) slides on two internal tracks operated by a servo, very simple Or you can piano hing the forward end of the lid (bottom)and have a sliding pin that gets pulled by a sercvo, but its always open when realesed so have ground clearance for landings. Both work great.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:21 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: candy drop box

Comment on Stuka Berry's drop box: I use the system that opens the door on the bottom and just dumps the candy then leaves the door open. I modify it a bit by placing a small spot of VELCRO at the back of the box / door so when the candy is gone the door automatically latches itself closed by the airflow over the door. Works fine last a long time . ENJOY !!! RED