Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What do I have here....found items

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What do I have here....found items

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Clutchfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I have here....found items

Hello all,

First off, I am new. Newer than new could possiblyget actually lol. I came across these items at a property I was working at this afternoon. Just to let you know, these are 100%mine and I came across them legally (it's a part of my business, clearing out abandoned and foreclosed homes), so please don't think they are stolen goods or anything like that. Everything is on the up and up.

Now that that is out of the way....I could use some help. I am not at all involved in the RCworld. I have never owned a single thing even remotely related to this hobby. I have done a small amount of research on a couple of the things I found but it was a bit overwhelming.So...... I think turning to the "pros"to get my answer would be my best bet.

There are 3 remotes and 3 cars. All of them are electric. Thereare also a bunch of misc. tools, replacement parts, batteries, tires etc that were in this box. I would like to know if someone can tell me what kinds of cars these are, any details you might be willing to share, and their approximate value. Also, I would like to know how to work the damn things....i.e which remote goes to which vehicle.I am particularly interested in the small truck. It seems to have all the parts and appears to be ready to go once the battery is charged and I match the remote.

Thank you in advance guys. Below are photos of what I have.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76380.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1789473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68574.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1789474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30230.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1789475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp40203.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1789476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24088.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1789477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs14330.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1789478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo13802.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1789479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf17756.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1789480  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ba50073.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1789481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa22627.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1789482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou85698.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1789483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te27285.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1789484  
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Clutchfan

Default RE: What do I have here....found items

More photos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40768.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1789485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33902.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1789486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90113.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1789487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw64966.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1789488  
Old 08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

one of the Rc cars is a Traxxas Mini E Revos and one E-Revo, the bigger version of the Mini E Revos The big ones can go for upwards of 250+. However, their is one, i'm not sure which make that looks to be like 80 dollars. The Mini E Revos are about 170 each in that condition. The way to find if the radios go to which car would be to try all of the cars and radios. The first 4 pics of parts are about worth 80 dollars. The charger and all the batteries look to be worth 100 total. Yo u should recycle or get rid of the batteries that have LiPower on them. They are puffed and very dangerous. And the radios alone are worth 35 dollars total. That should cover it. I wish i had your job, nice find! lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that at least two of the batteries look very puffed as they were used in the larger truck and probably abused. The other smaller ones look OK but it's hard to tell from the pic. The Futaba transmitter is digital 2.4 gig and I would guess it goes with the larger truck. Each truck will have a receiver in it usually housed in a case or protective area. It will have an antenna wire (short or long) and it will have two or three (3-wire) plugs plugged into it. There will be a name on the receiver just like on the transmitter . The transmitters take batteries and they could be rechargeable packs or simply triple-A batteries and they are in the bottom of the transmitters. The trucks have their own batteries as you show in the one pic. The larger truck uses the larger LiPo batteries and again at least the second two in the pic look very puffed and abused. the next four batteries look like NiCad packs and are probably for the mid-size truck and the last battery is a NiCad and is probably for the smaller truck.
To test you would first turn on the transmitter then plug in a battery to the truck. If you have the right combo it should work.
The charger you pictured is ONLY for charging the last five batteries in your pic. DO NOT try and charge the first four pictured with that charger as you need a different charger for LiPo chemistry batteries plus as stated two if not all four have been abused and are puffed. These batteries become dangerous when that happens and although they could charge and work OK(using the proper charger) it becomes a gamble .
Here is a link to the manual for the charger you have pictured:
[link=http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxp4240-manual.pdf]http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxp4240-manual.pdf[/link]