Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Screwed by HobbyKing

Old 09-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

I have a warranty request on a charger going through the system at the monemt, I am not bombarding them with emails I am letting them get on with it. I will not be going away, and after 150 genuine orders if it is not sorted all hell will break loose.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:37 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around 7 emails sent to them in 28 days is bombarding? Now it's 52 days and apparently it's still not resolved ?
Should he send another email or just walk away?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Seamus OLeprosy

If my item is in a queue to be checked sending emails is not going to speed it up, but that is the decision I have made. I will not be walking away I am just giving a reasonable time to get it sorted, but I have another charger that I am using at the moment so am luck in that regard.
If I was Adam I would have replaced the servo (from whatever supplier he choses) so he could enjoy his model while the issue is sorted.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

I have a warranty request on a charger going through the system at the monemt, I am not bombarding them with emails I am letting them get on with it. I will not be going away, and after 150 genuine orders if it is not sorted all hell will break loose.

That will not change their attutude or service one iota. You can yell and scream and send nasty emails and kick the dog all you want but it won't help. I have seen countless stories of the so called warranty process where they screw around for months and then tell the poor customer to pound sand. That and that alone is the reason that so many of us refuse to buy from them.

Over on the other RC site there is a thread in which a guy got a non working 9X tranmitter. The Hobby King customer service rep sent him an email asking him to provide visual proof that the battery was charged before they would even consider helping him. That is one of the most outrageous requests i have ever heard from them. Then, the next poster informs him that HK must take such "extraordinary" steps to avoid being ripped off. Lets think about that for a second. The customer has a bad transmitter and wants to send it back to them at his expense in exchange for one that works, which is what he paid for in the first place.

WHO'S GETTING RIPPED OFF? That was the dumbest argument I have heard in a long time. So the moral of the story is if you buy stuff from them and it doesn't work break out the salt and pepper cause your gonna wind up eating it.

Thin profit margin my butt.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

Thanks dad, but I willl sort it in my own way any am confident satisfaction.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

Around 7 emails sent to them in 28 days is bombarding? Now it's 52 days and apparently it's still not resolved ?
Should he send another email or just walk away?

Face it, they hope he'll just walk away. This is another great example of the great service customers get from Hobby Krap. I love it when I hear the words, " I've never had a problem with HK!!"

It shouldn't take more than 52 days to handle a warrantee. (except for HK)

Good luck seamus, I'm really sure you'll get what's coming to you.

I was in Hobby Town today and a customer came in with a receiver that didn't bind. They took the receiver out of his plane, got another reciever and put it in his plane and made sure it would bind and made sure everything worked correctly. He was there for every bit of 15 minutes and walked out with a new receiver.

Let's see you get that at HK !

Support your local hobby shop

Frank
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Sounds like some of the guys are keeping an extra spur gear around .95

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...and_A2035.html

I would try to get a credit from HK and go with a different servo, it sounds like the oem is a plastic gear nothing and people are going to MG servo either D-mg16 or mg 930 and others.

Servo talk I saw

Hi, yes im using the standard mounts in the original positions. The D-MG16 is the perfect fit between the mounts. The original servo is also 41mm. As for the differnce in height (C minus F): The ball joints on the steering arm compensate for it. The steering arm sits 6 degrees past where is would with the standard servo, however it doesnt bind at all, so i dont see that the 6 degrees affects performance in anyway. But if this is a issue, with other servos maybe, i see no reason why the ball joint on the servo arm cant be mounted on the inside (servo side) of the servo arm, however in my case this would have caused the angle to be greater than 6 degrees. The hitec servo will work perfectly and it will be much better than the stock servo (which stripped on my fourth battery)(I even had a hxt 9g held in with a plywood mount while the D-mg16 was being shipped, and even that was better than the stock servo). hope this answers your questions.

FWIW:

HK's GWS Naro Super 19g / 3.6kg / .07sec Digital Servo (PRODUCT ID: GWSVDNRSPJ) has positive reports of improved performance (speed/ torque)over the TRAXXAS #2080 Waterproof Digital Micro Servo users replace with it, that come from the steering of 1/16th TRAXXAS electric cars.

Looks like a good fit for the '1/16 Brushless 4WD Mini Rally - Extreme Edition', also. Maybe it's suitable? Dunno really!

This is a good replacment: Turnigy 380MG Micro Servo (Metal Gear) 3.6kg / .15sec / 15.6g

I use him in my traxxas rally, its great. When my servo of my Turnigy rally will break i also will replace him with this one.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
njJunkman

I try to live & let live. If there are any Christians who are in the RC world, listen up!. I say this with Love, Decency, & Order. In the name of my savior Jesus Christ, use extreme caution when dealing with this Site. HobbyKing.com Not only is the wait long, Customer Service is a JOKE . So without letting the Devil in me,............ Let's just say there is better
Don't walk RUN FROM THEM........ DON'T EVEN STOP or Click on them any further questions contact me at [email protected]
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: njJunkman

I try to live & let live. If there are any Christians who are in the RC world, listen up!. I say this with Love, Decency, & Order. In the name of my savior Jesus Christ, use extreme caution when dealing with this Site. HobbyKing.com Not only is the wait long, Customer Service is a JOKE . So without letting the Devil in me,............ Let's just say there is better
Don't walk RUN FROM THEM........ DON'T EVEN STOP or Click on them any further questions contact me at [email protected]
Oh crap I guess im on the express elevator to hell as Ive just placed my 18th order. No probs so far but i am feeling a little devilish grrrrrrrrrrrrr ! cheers the pope
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Pizzazz
My Feedback: (22)

I seldom post anything as I just try to avoid all the banter. However, I too have had issues with HK and there lacking or evasive customer service. Some of the issues I have just moved on and purchased a different product. Of course, they have just pocketed your money for a product of very poor quality. No need to provide specifics as someone will feel the need to be a critic.

Regardless, I have purchased my last product from HK. I too will move on to a different distributor. Life is too short to hop on the HK merry-go-round.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:05 AM
FlyBob4

WOW, I wish I read this first, here is my story.
To anyone that considers buying from HobbyKing, if you have other options I advise you to use them. I recently ordered a Pitts 12 EPO 1600mm w/Brushless Motor & Servos (ARF) (Yellow/Black). When it arrived the white parts of the plane were baldly yellowed and discolored. It looks like coffee was dumped on it and left to dry. After the anticipation of opening a box with my new toy in it, I was very disappointed to say the least! I had spent hours online looking for the right model to buy considering performance rating, quality, price and most of all appearance. They informed me that that the appearance had no affect on performance. That made me very angry. I am very fussy about the appearance of my models.
HobbyKing offered 2 options to me. Return the plane for a replacement, at my own cost. The lowest quote that I got was $120 to send it to the US warehouse. The model was $187.00 and I paid another $100.00 to have it shipped to me. After paying over $285 to receive the model, I was expected to pay another $120.00 to return it. I decided this was not a viable option. Why should I pay another $120.00 to send back what I had already paid for with no guarantee the next one would be any better? The second option given was to accept a $20.00 store credit. If you look at this model and see the graphics and imagine the work involved in repainting all of the white, would you do it for 20 bucks? I know that my time is worth a lot more than that and I am sure yours is too. I considered this offer to be an insult and let them know. I asked for 50 dollars store credit to accept the model as is and repair it myself and was told this was unreasonable. I refuse to accept the 20 dollars as a matter of principal, and will not pay to ship it back, so as you see, I am forced to accept this model in its present state. This will show you that HobbyKing can ship you any product in any condition and you are stuck with it and they don’t care. If you choose to shop at HobbyKing, you may have better luck than me, but you are on your own if you don’t get what you expected when you placed your order. Don’t order anything larger than you would be willing to pay the shipping on to return.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Par for the course. Check the comments on the product page on their site. Missing parts with no resolution seems to be the other unresolved issue. As you said if you want to gamble with them (and some other online places to be fair(NP,BH)) be prepared to come out on the loosing end.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:20 PM
topspin

That stinks Bob but that is what their so called customer service is like. Sorry it happened to you but I am sort of mystified that four or five unbelievably satisfied Hobby King customers with hundreds of successful orders have not yet chimed in to tell you how it's all your fault. The "it's your fault" cheering section is just another little service that HK performs in the background.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I've had to step in and remove a series of posts here. Let's keep the personal attacks out of the threads please. If you can't participate in the discussion without attacking those that you don't agree with then you should refrain from posting here at all, because if the attacks continue I will take actions against EVERYBODY doing it. Your choice of course.

Ken
Old 11-29-2013, 05:20 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy comes in with 110 posts and starts attacking people, just because we have an opinion about Hobby King?

Everyone has an opinion about Hobby King. Most bad opinions and well, some good. Personally, I would spend a cent for any of their stuff. Dealing with them is just too much of a hassle.

All the businesses I deal with in this hobby are always glad to hear from me and do everything they can to make my buying experience a pleasurable one. And if I ever do have a problem with an order, they are glad to straighten it out. And those situations have been few and far in between.

Frank
Old 11-29-2013, 05:38 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKen
Ok guys, I've had to step in and remove a series of posts here. Let's keep the personal attacks out of the threads please. If you can't participate in the discussion without attacking those that you don't agree with then you should refrain from posting here at all, because if the attacks continue I will take actions against EVERYBODY doing it. Your choice of course.

Ken
Hi Ken ,

I understand your position of keeping peace here and would never challenge that . I did feel I had to respond when the 110 post guy had to go and personally name ME for an attack in his post . I do put my identity behind my every post , it's there in my sig , AMA 80274 . That guy whose posts you deleted cruises the forums with multiple user names attacking anyone whose ever voiced a problem with HK but hasn't the respect for the forums to identify himself . I stand behind everything I write and back it up with my identity . He goes and throws pot shots from the (relative) safety of being hidden behind his keyboard . This is not the first time that user has started with me for disliking HK and I have never ONCE engaged him in conversation without it being in response to a personal attack thrown my way by him . It sure seems funny that if HK ain't payin shills , why is the fact that an established RCer such as myself can't voice my dislike for HK without it being a matter of "life or death" for the identityless HK defenders who seem to post about little else ?

There is a LOT more to my RC interest than just disliking HK . A quick read of the posts of the folks who tirelessly defend HK shows they post about little else .......
Old 11-29-2013, 06:05 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had a problem with HK and never will.

Never placed an order with them and never will.

Personally, I do not understand why anyone bothers with them. It's just like BARFs. As long as you accept that low grade as the acceptable standard, whatever your rationalization, that's what you'll continue to get.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:32 PM
the pope

never had a problem that wasnt my fault and was still sorted out no probs . i dont know why people have such a phobia about them . up to order number 43 and they have saved me 000's . i say shame on all the other vendors for taking us for a ride for too long .cheers the pope
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by RCKen

Ken
Hey Ken, what happened to my post? I don't recall attacking anyone but i do remember telling FlyBob4 that I was sorry to hear what happened to him. Judging from the other posts I must have missed something.

John. AMA# 870510
Old 11-29-2013, 09:33 PM
byrne1157

oh, boy! I get to ride the fence on this one!!!
I get to complain, because the servo I bought for 4 bucks(on sale) failed!! oh, wait, I don't get to complain, because I over-stressed the servo while setting the airplane up. (one of my first airplanes). yes, it was a cheap foamy, but I was not flush with cash, so I couldn't afford to buy servos at 15 bucks each.
I got a turnigy wattmeter from them doa! And those dirty birds over there they....oh wait, they had me return it to the U.S. warehouse, and refunded me ALL of the purchase price, and shipping. (I bought a wattsup from "the bay".
I know, this will get me in with the complainers, and keep them from calling me a shill: Those son-of-a-guns took forever to ship my...Dang it!! 45 orders, and I can't really come up with a really crappy experience.
I've ordered esc's, rx's, motors, led sets, parts a pieces of all kinds in the time I've dealt with them, not to mention a turnigy 9x radio, and most recently, an Frsky Taranis radio, (had to wait 3 weeksfor that to come in to stock, before it shipped). And no problem I couldn't take in stride. The 9x has performed flawlessly, and so far, the Taranis is looking very good too. As far as not using either of these radios in an expensive airplane? Why would I risk possibly injuring myself, or another pilot by using either one in a less expensive airplane? I'll gladly fly ANY airplane with either one of them!!!
Last spring I purchased an Avistar Elite from TH, and upon inspection I found it to be severely lacking adhesive in the joints from the firewall , back tp the furthest point I could see. I called them, and the guy on the other end said "Don't you have any glue". I informed him that indeed I did, and thanks to his intuitive questioning, I would handle the problem myself. And that I would likely never do business with them again. I never heard from them again.
Hobbyking has never given me anything but respect, and, when I called them about the wattmeter, there was no problem.
The only complaint I have with them, is that they don't have a warehouse down the street from me.
I have never had an offer to be a "shill" for them, and wouldn't accept if they had. I have never been paid to advertise for them.
After having worked in eletronics for 30 years, I am sure of one thing. There is only a "projected lifespan" for anything electronic. It is all subject to failure at some time or another. Deal with it like an adult, and you'll feel much better.

Last edited by byrne1157; 11-29-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:33 AM
FlyBob4

I appreciate that HobbyKing doesn't make their own products and don't control quality. Some of the stuff they sell is good quality and good prices. Obviously from all the posts here not all of it. But that is far from my point here. Who gives a **** about your 9x, I have one too. I have bought from them because the LHS is not well stocked with what interests me. I wanted to order a large Pitts from LHS but didn't want to remortgage my house for it. HK are the only place that sells the plane I bought in the colour I wanted. It just really pisses me off that they expect me to pay shipping to return the defective item they shipped. If they did a quality check before shipping, we wouldn't have a problem with them. Like i implied before, they can ship **** and we have to eat it. Good on all those like you that have never had a problem with HK, but don't belittle me for warning others tha HK does not pay for return shipping, or care about customer satisfaction. To tell me that the ****ed up paint doesn't affect perfomance boils my blood! Perhaps if we keep posting these messages HK will eventually get it and start tighten up there quality control, and then stand behind there products by covering all costs if something does slip between the cracks
Old 11-30-2013, 04:51 AM
miker49
My Feedback: (4)

there is always the local hobby shop.i buy from him,may be more expensive,but he works with us here and we keep an american in business and he is there when we need him. my $.O2
Old 11-30-2013, 05:24 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by the pope
never had a problem that wasnt my fault and was still sorted out no probs . i dont know why people have such a phobia about them . up to order number 43 and they have saved me 000's . i say shame on all the other vendors for taking us for a ride for too long .cheers the pope
And I'm sure the folks who DIDN'T receive their product are REALLY relieved that YOU got YOUR toys .........

It's a disgusting fact of human nature that folks always need a bad guy , a "boogyman", to look down on so they themselves can go feeling all superior . Yep , Toppers servo showed up DOA and init4fun didn't get his order at all , gee , MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH TOPPERS AND INIT4FUN , RIGHT ???? Course , they wouldn't DARE screw over someone named "POPE" , RIGHT ??? I would REALLY like to know , under what kind of twisted , deranged logic is the C U S T O M E R who paid his money and got nothing the one who is wrong ????

Yes , I understand the need to conserve hobby dollars wherever possible , but when those "savings" come directly from the wallets of fellow hobbyists , that's where I draw the line !!!! (Do you really think HK could offer "product" so cheaply if they were truly filling EVERY order that came across their desk ?)

My only hope is that guys like pope and such get to feel the sting of an order not delivered not once but twice , like my dealings with them went , and then we'll see if they , themselves , become the very Boogyman that they try to make their fellow RCers out to be , just for the simple mistake of ordering by the lowest dollar rather than by the more important yardstick of REPUTATION .....

Yeppers , only TWO kinds of HK customers , those who HAVE been ripped off , and those who eventually will ....... Good Luck with that .......

Last edited by init4fun; 11-30-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:39 AM
byrne1157

Easy, there init! What did I ever do to you? I might be one that has been ripped off some day, but to infer that I WILL rip some person off, is just a little overboard, don't you think? You and I have never met that I know of, and may never have any dealings. And I have never intentionally ripped someone off, and when I have thought someone might be less than happy with a deal, I make every attempt at getting it resolved
Old 11-30-2013, 07:10 AM
mpm2433

Just the facts! Purchased 2 lipo batteries from HK. 30 days go by no batteries. I contact HK and ask for a tracking number. They don't respond. Submit a second request and get a tracking number that is invalid, nearing 45 days. I file a dispute with PayPal which has to be done within 45 days of purchase. I get a response from HK stating "we can no longer assist you as long as you have an open dispute with PP".

The good news is, PayPal refunded my money, Props to PayPal, and told me that they would investigate HK. The sad thing is HK had ninja's (Just Kidding, I don't think there are ninja's after me attack my post. Much like what has happened here. It is a sad day when HK is will to put more effort into fraud and deception than great customer service.

Speaking only for myself. I will not buy from ANY distributer that is not US based. I will not support ANY forum that accepts banner advertising for HK!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.