The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

24 Hour On Line Support Hobby King

Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 24 Hour On Line Support Hobby King

Has anyone had the chance to use the 24 hour on line support by Hobby King? I did not know they offered this type of support. That could be a real help when working late in evening in model shop. I have not used the support feature on the website and was checking if anyone else has?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 24 Hour On Line Support Hobby King

That's not tech support !
You won't find anyone capable of helping you with a problem in the shop and you will be lucky to find anyone to help you with a problem on an order !
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You will, however, find some of the best prices ever on hobby supplies and batteries. I will never buy another battery again from the local hobby shop.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Come on guys,, give it a rest
Old 08-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Live Wire

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The longer they can keep this crap going the more business HK gets. What a great way to get people to check out a sight
Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM
larrysogla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Live Wire,
You are exactly right!!!!..................you see, the Hobby King bashers/chimers that pop up with 3rd party bad news about Hobby King are REALLY DOUBLE AGENTS connected to the marketing department of Hobby King................These bashers/chimers keep the pot going with the name of HOBBY KING right in the middle........................they are DOUBLE AGENTS of the Hobby King Marketing Department...........................they are commanded to stir up the pot so that around the world the people are curiousity driven to open up the Hobby King website and VOILA!!!!!!!!! the people discover Hobby King and start ordering online............it is a gimmick by the chimers/bashers to bring more customers world wide to Hobby King. These chimers/bashers are the UNDERGROUND PROMOTERS of Hobby King...............beware you have been forewarned they are commanded to get people to be curious about Hobby King and start browsing and ordering. LOOK OUT and WATCH OUT for these chimers/bashers with 3rd party bad news. Of course there are those genuine customers of Hobby King that have legitimate complaints and suffered from very, very poor customer service and very, very difficult warranty procedure(if at all).....these are the legitimate complaints and it seems there are a lot of these but on the other hand..........there are those chimers/bashers who have not ordered anything and just speak from 3rd party bad news repeating/echoing what others already said. 'Nuff said.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
PLANE JIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: larrysogla

Live Wire,
You are exactly right!!!!..................you see, the Hobby King bashers/chimers that pop up with 3rd party bad news about Hobby King are REALLY DOUBLE AGENTS connected to the marketing department of Hobby King................These bashers/chimers keep the pot going with the name of HOBBY KING right in the middle........................they are DOUBLE AGENTS of the Hobby King Marketing Department...........................they are commanded to stir up the pot so that around the world the people are curiousity driven to open up the Hobby King website and VOILA!!!!!!!!! the people discover Hobby King and start ordering online............it is a gimmick by the chimers/bashers to bring more customers world wide to Hobby King. These chimers/bashers are the UNDERGROUND PROMOTERS of Hobby King...............beware you have been forewarned they are commanded to get people to be curious about Hobby King and start browsing and ordering. LOOK OUT and WATCH OUT for these chimers/bashers with 3rd party bad news. Of course there are those genuine customers of Hobby King that have legitimate complaints and suffered from very, very poor customer service and very, very difficult warranty procedure(if at all).....these are the legitimate complaints and it seems there are a lot of these but on the other hand..........there are those chimers/bashers who have not ordered anything and just speak from 3rd party bad news repeating/echoing what others already said. 'Nuff said.

WOW-Countilaw must be raking in the points with Hobby King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or should I say paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
countilaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, I am almost a major stock holder. As soon as I become the controlling interest stockholder I will shut the place down.

Then no one will have anything the chime/bash and we all will be bored.

But seriously, There are better places to spend your money and get quality merchandise, good customer service and quicker delivery than HK.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 PM
the pope

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and then you can order from them and be a totaly satisfied customer . Imagine that , is it possible ? According to some here absolutly not . Cheers the pope
Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 AM
warningshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Has anyone had the chance to use the 24 hour on line support by Hobby King? I did not know they offered this type of support. That could be a real help when working late in evening in model shop. I have not used the support feature on the website and was checking if anyone else has?
I used it one time. For what I needed it was okay.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
larrysogla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All these complaints/put downs/negative reports regarding Hobby King customer service(or lack thereof), hard to navigate warranty(if any) really is serving a purpose...............the retailer really has to upgrade customer service/warranty etc. if it is to remain competitive in an increasingly crowded online marketplace. Looks like Hobby King is moving in the right direction regarding customer service...............the jury is still out on this one................we will see if it will reduce the wave of complaints regarding lack of customer service...............Hopefully it will as we need bargain retailers for most of us who cannot afford to crash a gazillion dollar turbine jet or a giant scale prop plane..............it is one thing to invest in expensive airplanes and it is another thing to lose it in the inevitable crash. Bargain retailers are here to stay because this flying hobby is so crash prone and could wipe out a gazillion dollar investment in the blink of an eye. The bargain hunters outnumber the gazillion dollar high flyer any day. 'Nuff said.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 PM
countilaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's not only the customer service, it's the untested products that arrive DOA, the lack of any quality control. And all the hoops that one has to jump through in an effort to get a refund, credit or replacement part.

It's the listing products as in stock when they aren't. It's the holding orders and the money until the out of stock products come in so they can ship the whole order, which can take months.

The shipping charges that are inflated or shipped using a cheaper rate than what the customer paid for. It's the claim that an item will be shipped within 24 hours when it takes 2 weeks just getting order filled.

There are a lot of problems with Hobby King besides customer service. A cheap price doesn't mean anything if the product arrives broken, or not at all.

Hobby King can't sell any of it's products to the people of China. Why exactly, I don't know. I do know it's strictly export only for Hobby King in China.

I would rather order from Horizon or Tower Hobbies. Get my stuff within a few days, and if something is wrong, know they will take care of it post haste.

Frank

Old 08-16-2012, 08:31 PM
larrysogla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The last time I ordered from Hobby King and also from Tower Hobbies was about 2-3 years ago. My garage is filled to the rafters of ARF's still in boxes unbuilt. The total dollar amount of the stuff combined from Hobby King and from Tower Hobbies that I have ordered are over $10,000 accumulated over 4 years from 2006 to 2010. I have never received a crushed, broken or damaged ARF box from Hobby King or from Tower Hobbies...............I had a run of good luck with UPS and FedEx I suppose. The brushless motors, servos, engines, LiPo's, chargers, etc. etc. I received from Hobby King were in good condition and they all worked OK. One LiPo came in puffed(that is what it looked like to me) and I never used it to be safe. I read the reviews before I order and I do not order new stuff but wait a year before ordering new offerings so the bugs will be worked out on the new offerings. I read the "notice" that in my long list of items ordered there is one or two that are backordered and they will hold the entire order until the backordered item is back in the inventory. Once I had to wait 3 months before that single backordered item came in and only then did they ship the entire order and I knew that from the "notice" when I was filling up the cart. Since I agreed to hold the entire order until the backordered item came in, the 3 month delay was OK with me at that particular time. One time they sent me the wrong propeller and when I e-mailed the error they just gave me credit as I was not going to send it back all the way to Hongkong. That is fine with me too as I used the credit for some other item. I am very much aware of the long distance shipping expense in returning items so getting credit is OK with me. So far Hobby King has NOT screwed me YET...........................I believe those who post that they were screwed by Hobby King on items they ordered..................So far Lady Luck is still with me. Oh I have also ordered from some other Hongkong retailer and the same policy applies of offering to give credit instead of shipping all the way across the Pacific the unsatisfactory item. The moral of the story is............BEWARE Hobby King and all these overseas retailers is NOT for everybody........................Tower Hobbies will serve you well if you find the overseas retailers hard to deal with on warranty and customer service....................As for me, in the end I saved a TON of money on the items I ordered from Hobby King and to that I say I did well.............so far. I am not a competition flyer, just a run of the mill sport flyer, I don't want to mortgage the house to afford this hobby so I use the overseas bargain retailers and also Tower Hobbies as they have very good promo discounts and sale items. The prices are very good at Tower Hobbies when they do the sale items. I refuse to let this hobby become an aggravation and I just find myself with a run of good luck dealing with the retailers.....................even with Wholesale Trains when one time I ordered from them the Dual Ace, engines and servos.............well that is another story. 'Nuff said.
P.S. When I e-mail or phone the retailer I am always polite and explain in a very clear manner the situation and then I listen to how the retailer wants it to be resolved...............you know what I don't have to fight with the retailer because I can always dispute the unsatisfactory sale with Paypal and then I have a recourse on whether the retailer gets paid or NOT. See with credit card purchase it is not a lost cause.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

When is the garage sale at Larry's house????

david
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
topspin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: the pope

and then you can order from them and be a totaly satisfied customer . Imagine that , is it possible ? According to some here absolutly not . Cheers the pope
Oh it's possible, just that no one stays satisfied for very long. Inevitably they mess up and you are out some money. I have seen posts from some of their customers who have lost upwards of a thousand dollars and have no recourse. I mean imagine running across the freeway blindfolded. You might make it a few times but eventually you will get tagged. I find there are plenty of great hobby stores with really low prices and super low shipping costs right here in the good old USA.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 AM
larrysogla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, absolutely..............there are great online retailers right here in the good ol' U.S.A. that sell great stuff at great prices.................I bought a lot of stuff at Tower Hobbies since I like there prices especially on sale or on promo discounts. Also Tower has that very nice specifications info on the items that they sell...........especially good info on the engines. Yes, Tower Hobbies is right up there in good internet catalog info, good sale prices and even when not on sale the prices are still good, excellent customer service and gazillions of items that are available on their online catalog. Horizon Hobbies I have also bought some items but I like Tower Hobbies the best of all U.S. based retailers. I think Tower Hobbies beat them all hands down. With all that said.............you could still save a ton of money on overseas (Hongkong based) retailers simply because they are closer to the main manufacturing base (China) and the stuff like brushless motors price wise are unbeatable. Lots of other stuff too. Again because they are across the Pacific.....you would have to pry open the warranty with a crowbar to get them to warranty the stuff they sell. Just be aware that the risk of bad customer service and bad warranty is there and plan very carefully your purchases and hopefully you come out OK. I have......so far. 'Nuff said.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
It's not only the customer service, it's the untested products that arrive DOA, the lack of any quality control. And all the hoops that one has to jump through in an effort to get a refund, credit or replacement part.

It's the listing products as in stock when they aren't. It's the holding orders and the money until the out of stock products come in so they can ship the whole order, which can take months.

The shipping charges that are inflated or shipped using a cheaper rate than what the customer paid for. It's the claim that an item will be shipped within 24 hours when it takes 2 weeks just getting order filled.

There are a lot of problems with Hobby King besides customer service. A cheap price doesn't mean anything if the product arrives broken, or not at all.

Hobby King can't sell any of it's products to the people of China. Why exactly, I don't know. I do know it's strictly export only for Hobby King in China.

I would rather order from Horizon or Tower Hobbies. Get my stuff within a few days, and if something is wrong, know they will take care of it post haste.

Frank
I've been clipped for a non-lipo order of $237.57..... Lost in the mail? "We'll have to wait up to 2 months for it to return to our warehouse"..... Really....

I'll NEVER order anything from Hobby King ever again.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 AM
topspin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If their support is so good then why do they have so many complaints? There are lots of complaints about the live chat not working or when it does it takes an hour or more to get someone who is then no help.

Buy from them with Pay Pal and if you open a dispute never never close it no matter what Hobby King tells you or you will never see your money again.

Last edited by topspin; 11-11-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ordered a couple of LiPo batteries from HK early in Jan,14. Through some mixup (maybe mine) the order was listed for "Local Pickup"in Lakeland, WA. To their credit, they sent me an Email asking me if this was correct. I tried to arrange to have it sent to my home in TX. I paid a Paypal request from HK for the shipping charge. Then the fun began! After 2 wks of Emails & 3 chats wherein I was promised the shipment would be made within 2 days, I cancelled the order tonight. We'll see if my refund to PP comes through within 2 wks.. I've made many orders from HK that went fine. But once things get messed up, good luck on their CS to get it right.

My latest info is that HK's USA Warehouse consists of a guy who drop ships through a UPS store in Lakeland, WA.

Anyone know more about them?

CR
Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[QUOTE=
My latest info is that HK's USA Warehouse consists of a guy who drop ships through a UPS store in Lakeland, WA.
CR[/QUOTE]
There have been posts elsewhere on RCU from fellows who have picked up orders at the USA HK warehouse. So it is not a one man band as you were led to believe.

Also many folks do not understand that Hobby King is Australian owned. Their major distribution location is in China where most hobby manufacturers are located hence the lower prices. Note the prices are higher in their other warehouse locations due to shipping, import fees, VAT, etc. All that info is on their web site for those who take time to look.

Personally, over several years, I have not had any negative issues with HK orders either direct from China or the USA West warehouse. Some complainers on RCU have had issues, some valid, some not. Some have never purchased from HK but complain without first hand knowledge of an issue, only they 'heard about it.'

HK has just opened an East Warehouse so I surmise they are selling enough goods profitably to satisfied customers to be able to do so.

My suggestion to anyone is if you feel HK is out to screw you, don't buy from them. Simple as that.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:28 PM
PLANE JIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HOBBYKING WILL SCREW YOU-or try to. Thanks to paypal-I got my money back. If you have a problem with a order-just open a claim with paypal and get your money back.

needless to say

HOBBYKING SUCKS
Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Dick T.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is why PayPal is best for most online transactions.

Yelling Hobby King Sucks doesn't tell us much.

Care to share you side of the story and how you may have, or have not, contributed to the issue?
Old 08-24-2014, 04:26 PM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
That is why PayPal is best for most online transactions.

Yelling Hobby King Sucks doesn't tell us much.

Care to share you side of the story and how you may have, or have not, contributed to the issue?
Hello Dick T ,

I agree that the big block letters yelling HK SUCKS are not needed to tell Plane Jim's story . His complaint is explained well in his thread "Hobbyking warning USA warehouse purchase" and has drawn many responses there .When a longtime customer such as Jim gets frustrated and gives up on them , it really should be a wakeup call to Mr. Hand that things are getting (gotten ?) out of hand WRT customer satisfaction . More and more I see these threads , threads from guys who've been around for years , and I've got to wonder if the bad economy has prompted a "no refunds PERIOD!!" policy with HK ?

Last edited by init4fun; 08-24-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Dick T.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Unfortunately no refunds is becoming commonplace now days with many vendors, online as well as walk in. Store credit is becoming the norm for a variety of reasons and is generally spelled out on a web site's refund policy or signage at a walk in.

HK's return/refund/warranty policies, like most online vendors, are pretty clear on their web pages but how many people actually read them prior to placing an order? Not many I venture to guess. When there is a problem the expectation of return/refund ease jumps right into the WalMart mode where you can drag in a pile of junk and get a refund.

I don't recall reading Jim's issues in another thread but I may have, with or without comment. It just pays to do your homework before hitting the 'Pay' button so you know your options.