Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Virus warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virus warning

Most of the time I try to bring RCU up I get a virus warning and it won't let me on the site.. Am I the only one, or is there a problem? Thanks Brian
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Harlan
My Feedback: (107)

Default RE: Virus warning

Brian:

I'm having the same problem. I get a "Threat Blocked" notice from my anti-virus program when ever I try to get into the classifieds. I cannot (will not) manage my listings because of the virus which is identified as the HTML/Framer virus.

I would suggest that members stay out of the buy and sell area until this is cleaned up. Judging by the speed in which the managers of this site fix things, we may be waiting a long time.

Harlan
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Brian Smith

Thanks. I'm a computer dummy and I am not pleased there is a problem but I'm glad it is just not my system. Brian
ORIGINAL: Harlan

Brian:

I'm having the same problem. I get a ''Threat Blocked'' notice from my anti-virus program when ever I try to get into the classifieds. I cannot (will not) manage my listings because of the virus which is identified as the HTML/Framer virus.

I would suggest that members stay out of the buy and sell area until this is cleaned up. Judging by the speed in which the managers of this site fix things, we may be waiting a long time.

Harlan
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Live Wire

Don't go to the members video eather[:@]
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

You guys all must run AVG. It's just an error. Norton Antivirus says it's fine. If you have AVG, just keep going and ignore it.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Live Wire

Why is it just on RCU and not on the rest of the NET When do we get the sales pitch
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I need more information to be able to help.

Please list any Anti-Virus and similar software you have installed on your computer.

I would like to see the exact report.
Please press CTRL + Shift + Print Screen after going to the page and having the error be displayed. Open an image application such as "Paint" and press Ctrl + V or Edit -> Paste. Save the image somewhere you will remember and upload it by clicking on "Computer" on Imgur.com then pasting a link to the uploaded image here.

Thank you, hope to sort this out
(Note that I think that this is the AVG issue but I'm not sure. I do not have this problem, nor do I have AVG)

Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes!! I just posted (but maybe in the wrong place) this:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11206295/tm.htm
I have AVG, but I cannot ignore it, it will not allow me to continue to the market place. I am frustrated!!
[:'(]
Old 08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Harlan

Collector may be correct in his assumption that those who get the threat report are using AVG. I am using AVG. I'll try to get you a screen shot of the report.

Collector, how is it that you know AVG reports a threat and others don't?

Harlan
Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Brian Smith

I'm using AVG, but it won't let me go on. As you mention go on and don't worry about it. Thanks for your concern/info. Brian

ORIGINAL: collector1231

You guys all must run AVG. It's just an error. Norton Antivirus says it's fine. If you have AVG, just keep going and ignore it.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:18 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

I use AVG also, I have to turn off the Link scanner to get and then turn it back on

Bob
Old 08-26-2012, 02:57 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Make sure you update AVG often then.. it may be their issue and will hopefully be fixed soon. Otherwise, look for a way to create an exception in the link scanner, or disable it and be careful in your browsing. AVG is almost certainly the problem here though.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
cbooth1979
My Feedback: (22)

Same issue here, I have AVG and cannot access the Marketplace...even when I hit ignore I still cant. As others have said Im glad its not just me. Is this something that will be fixed or am I going to have to change something?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too recently had this same problem then it just went away without any changes on my part. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11192936 Now it comes back from time to time, I have to disable the link scanner. I contacted AVG and was told that it was not an AVG error. I still don't know what to think. It does not happen on any other website except RCU.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tonite I'm getting the HTML/Framer warning on nearly every RCU link I click on.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

I turned the link scanner off and got in and them turned it back on. Went into planes for sale out of three pages got the message of the virus several times. It was only on certain planes posted by different people

Bob
Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AVG also, W7. and virus warnings (Framer) several times a session.
Brian
Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Harlan

Here's my take on the virus problem.

I'm using AVG, and I'm going to continue to use it, and I'm going to avoid websites that it has a problem with. That's why I have a anti-virus program running in the first place. I don't really care if the big three of anti-virus programs recommend ignoring the AVG warnings. I've had enough experience with the other programs mentioned that haven't been real positive. If AVG is telling me (and a lot of others) that something is fishy with RCU, I'm going to believe AVG .... . not those other guys. We've had way too many problems with this website for too long a period of time for me to have any faith that the folks running this show know what they are doing. I'll continue to check it once in a while to see if they've cleaned up their mess, but I'm going to be spending my time over on RC Groups for the forseeable future even though I prefer RCU. I just don't need to deal with this crap!

Harlan
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM
topgun42usa
My Feedback: (142)

SAME HERE I BE GOING TO RC GROUPS TOO .. TO MUCH TO DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW ..
Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

This one is pretty solid and FREE..!!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5201

X86 version for you 32-Bit Users, and AMD64 version for you 84-Bit users...
Old 08-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Harlan

Prop Washer2, I thank you for being a good guy and pointing us in the direction of a "work-around solution" to this issue, but I've used AVG for a long time, and those folks have treated me right. The fact that AVG finds something fishy with the site indicates that something about the code that manages RC Universe isn't kosher. I tend to have more faith in a program that I've found beneficial for years, compared with a website that has given me significant grief over the past several months. I just feel that we have some incompetents running things, and I refuse to seek a work-around solution to a problem that these guys are unable to solve. In short, it isn't the anti-virus program that is in error, its the website code that is crappy.

I like the layout of RC Universe, but it's not going to take me long to get comfortable on a quality site like RC Groups. I'll be checking in once in a while to see if someone decided to do a bit of detective work and correct the problems causing this issue.

Harlan
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Harlan,

I get the same thing!  BUT........ Get a load of this........  When I go and use Google Chrome, Guess What......... It works!!  Sometimes it will set off, But for the most part it works just fine with my AVG on.......
Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Brian Smith

Get a load of this..... It is exactly the opposite for me. I use google chrome and when the RCU site won't let me on, I go to the standard google and get on 99% of the time. Strange deal.. Brian

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Harlan,

I get the same thing! BUT........ Get a load of this........ When I go and use Google Chrome, Guess What......... It works!! Sometimes it will set off, But for the most part it works just fine with my AVG on.......
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 AM
John Taylor
My Feedback: (16)

Guy's i'm using McAfee security and it will not let me into the buy sell section. So it's not just AVG. Just thought you should know. John T.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 AM
Brian Smith

Thanks for that JT. I was just thinking about looking into some other program, but I think I'll sit tight. Brian

ORIGINAL: John Taylor

Guy's i'm using McAfee security and it will not let me into the buy sell section. So it's not just AVG. Just thought you should know. John T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.