Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Most Blatant

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Blatant

I stopped short in the subject because I wanted to leave it up to each individual to fill in the rest of the title, Most Blatant ____!!!

This was prominently posted on a distributors web site early in the year.

Copied directly from the HK forum:

HobbyKing_Admin Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (GB)
USERID: 731618
Forum Admin

Topic: Online Promotion Staff Needed

Posted: 17 Janwary 2012 at 3:58pm

Do you like playing with HobbyKing products?
Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to [email protected]

*Remuneration from $100/month up for the right candidates.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=25788

So the next time you see someone complain about Hobby King and someone immediatly jumps to their defense and tries to derail the discussion away from the original topic, ask yourself, is this person or persons being paid to do this? It is not illegal to get paid to promote products but it is illegal to get paid to promote products and say that you are not. But then who is actually going to catch them? This is to me a dirty business practise that has no place in this hobby. I don't think Horizon or Tower stoop to this level because they simply don't need to.

This is a very serious issue to me as it calls into question the very integrity of the company who made the above promotion.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Most Blatant

I'll stop being paranoid when everyone stops being out to get me
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Kaos Rulz

LOL
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 AM
tomfiorentino

ORIGINAL: Kaos Rulz

LOL
+5
Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 AM
allans
My Feedback: (11)

I am not surprised. I wonder if Nitro offers the same deal . They need it.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Since when is quoting something from a manufaturers web site paranoia?

They pay people to do exactly what you just did, try to discredit anyone who says anything bad about them.

I don't see this kind of response to the very rare complaint about Horizon, or Tower, or Headsup, or Leaders hobby, or a dozen other reputable sellers but say something negative about Hobby King and the hired guns come out of the woodwork with their fangs bared.

Paranoia? Not even relevent in this case, just an attempt to derail the topic away from the subject of the OP.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 AM
spasmatic
My Feedback: (4)

Does anyone really understand what the OP really said or means?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: topspin

They pay people to do exactly what you just did, try to discredit anyone who says anything bad about them.
I don't see this kind of response to the very rare complaint about Horizon, or Tower, or Headsup, or Leaders hobby, or a dozen other reputable sellers but say something negative about Hobby King and the hired guns come out of the woodwork with their fangs bared.

Paranoia? Not even relevent in this case, just an attempt to derail the topic away from the subject of the OP.
This would be paranoid behavior
So the next time you see someone complain about Hobby King and someone immediatly jumps to their defense and tries to derail the discussion away from the original topic, ask yourself, is this person or persons being paid to do this?
The other guys probably pay guys to do what you're doing too,, do two wrongs ever make a right?

Personally I'm amazed the Moderators allow you to continue with this one man vendetta against HK, their problems are well documented, When will it be time to move on for you?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: spasmatic

Does anyone really understand what the OP really said or means?

Looks like a really EASY concept to understand from here !

A company , paying people to defend them on internet forums , while these paid people are pretending to be nothing more than happy customers ......

Both Illegal AND immoral (dishonest) ........

Whats so hard to understand about that ????
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These people are called shills. When someone voices a complaint about how HK didn't ship the right product, or the product was damaged before shipping, or the product was dead on arrival, or HK charged their card and didn't ship the merchandise, a shill will post how they've had hundereds of shippments with no problem. They will post that they got their shipment within days of the order and everything has always been perfect.

All at the same time acting as very happy customers only, except they are being paid to do so. Is Hobby King's products and customer service really so bad that they must pay people to act as customers and say what a great company they are?

Have you ever seen someone complain about Hobby King and several other posters will jump him criticizing that he even made the complaint to start with.

It's really a shame that a company has to stoop so low as to pay these shills to clean up their mess and misrepresent themselves as customers when they are really employees of the company.

I will stick with Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies, and several other companies that are honest and have the customer service that I think I deserve as a customer. Their prices may be a little higher, but the quality and customer service is far above that of Hobby King.

Frank

Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 AM
KW_Counter

What makes you think HK is the only one doing this?

One of the issues of internet research is filtering the crap from the fact.
It is not just manufactures and retailers guilty of this;
there are many people out there spewing forth info as if they are experts who don't know crap.
And no, it doesn't just happen on the internet, it happens everywhere;
it's just that the internet is where many of us go for information these days.

If you're going to hang out here keep your radar on!

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: topspin

This would be paranoid behavior
So the next time you see someone complain about Hobby King and someone immediatly jumps to their defense and tries to derail the discussion away from the original topic, ask yourself, is this person or persons being paid to do this?
The other guys probably pay guys to do what you're doing too,, do two wrongs ever make a right?

Personally I'm amazed the Moderators allow you to continue with this one man vendetta against HK, their problems are well documented, When will it be time to move on for you?

This is what happens to a customer when he complains about Hobby King. Another poster will make threats of Moderators to delete a thread or call them names while being paid by Hobby King to do so.

Also note the word "probably" in his post that other companies pay people to make remarks against Hobby King. The word "probably" denotes that he is not sure, but is going to throw it out there anyway trying to change the subject. What is being done by Hobby King is published in their own website. So there is NO "probably" about it. It's fact.

Another fact, Hobby King is located in China. Hobby King CAN NOT sell anything within the country of China. China is a communist country and everything is controlled by the Chinese Government. With the type of company Hobby King is, The Chinese Government will not allow Hobby King to sell anything to it citizens.

Frank

Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM
scale only 4 me

Where in what the OP posts/copies does it say to attack people for complaining about HK? It says it's looking for people to promote the company,, Doesn't every company have a some sort promotions department?..

The OP leads to his own negitive conclusions,, hence the paranoia comment

You can say anything about anything and guys will jump all over you on the internet, doesn't mean someone behind the scenes is paying them to do it.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 AM
topspin

Where in what the OP posts/copies does it say to attack people for complaining about HK? It says it's looking for people to promote the company,, Doesn't every company have a some sort promotions department?..

The OP leads to his own negitive conclusions,, hence the paranoia comment

You can say anything about anything and guys will jump all over you on the internet, doesn't mean someone behind the scenes is paying them to do it.
Promoting the company (HK) on the internet would include painting the company in a good light and consequently attemting to dismiss or cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who paints the company in a bad light.

I can't begin to say how many times I have seen the same five or six people jump into a thread where someone complained about HK and immediately start crowing about how many orders they have and how wonderful it is and then begin the what's wrong with you smear campain. We have all seen this ad nauseum and it is always the same few pretending to be satisfied customers.

This is not just a questionable practice, it is illegal for someone to take payment from a company to promote their products and say that they don't. By directly hiring people to go on various internet sites to harass and bully (promote the company) anyone who would paint HK in a negative light tells me that they have no jntegrity, that the management of such a company is without scruples to openly solicit such behavior.

I don't do business with companies that demonstrate a lack of ethical behavior. That's not paranoia, that is simply a case of personal moral values.

Paranoia is when someone starts a thread like the one I just started and someone immediately tries to derail the thread by launching a personal attack and calling them paranoid in a backhanded way. Paranoid that perhaps they just might be on to something here, something that might have a negative impact, gotta stop it before anyone else believes it too. That's paranoia.[X(]
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
topspin

Deleted....
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
scale only 4 me

Dude, 99.9% of your posts on this board bash HK,, why would anyone think you have any objectivity is beyond me,, you see it the way you see it,, Proving those 5-6 are taking money from HK is another story.

One doesn't need to be paranoid to see it's you who has an agenda,, they just need to search your posts.

good luck
Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with the OP. In reading a lot of HK related posts it is a fact that when someone has an issue with the company or a product the company sells the same folks appear with posts saying everything is lollipops and rainbows and the issue must be with them. I don't think it's coincidence . I also seems to be worse on the companies own website.
Have I ordered from them?...sure ...about three orders in 4 years. Problems? Yes but very minor. I only order what I can afford to loose.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

You know, it's a free country.  If the OP doesn't like a particular company, DON'T BUY FROM THEM!  DUH. Find your parts from somewhere else.  I'm SURE your boycott will most certainly bankrupt Hobby King!    HK didn't say a damned thing about asking anyone to lie about their products!  If $100.00 buys false loyalty, then maybe we should do something about lobbying in Washington!  I wonder what all those lies cost? 
 If they want to "promote" via a compensation, that's called advertising!  Rarely will someone spend their time beating the drum promoting the great service, sales of a company.  All we hear about it is from some disgruntled buyer that didn't get 101% service / product.  This is 2012!  Chances of getting anything near perfect are 50/50.  That's a shame but it's the way it is.  
Seriously, don't buy from them.  Do without.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

What? If we stop ordering from China we'll have no parts. It is sad but the uniforms our athletes are wearing in London were made in China.
This is not about the country. OS and Saito are Japanese[:'(]. It is about the dishonest practice of paying people to back them up in these forums.
I heard this is a practice hotels use in Expedia and trip advisor. They pay their employees and friends to discredit their competition. Playing dirty. 
Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 PM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

So paying an actor to promote Geico, or Ford, or Cheerios and say good things about them on national television is dishonest?  Mike Rowe is lying about the Ford trucks?  Dennis Haysbert is lying about Alstate?  Bruce Jenner is lying about Cheerios?
I think you need a lesson in contractual promotions.  HK isn't doing anything dishonest by asking someone to PROMOTE their product for payment.  We call that advertising.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
topspin

Dude, 99.9% of your posts on this board bash HK,, why would anyone think you have any objectivity is beyond me,, you see it the way you see it,, Proving those 5-6 are taking money from HK is another story.

One doesn't need to be paranoid to see it's you who has an agenda,, they just need to search your posts.

good luck

I do have an agenda, to make sure I tell as many RC enthusiasts I can about what a dishonest disreputable company they are. I would like to see Americans buy American and the goes for products that are made in China but sold by American companies who understand the value of a customer, something that Hobby King can't seem to grasp. So you see I have a purpose.

So what do you have that makes you try to answer every one of my posts with a rebuttal. What do you do with that hundred bucks each month?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM
scale only 4 me

see post #2
Old 07-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

...OS and Saito are Japanese[:'(]...

Hey! I like my Saito 4-strokes! What gives?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Rv7garage

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

...OS and Saito are Japanese[:'(]...

Hey! I like my Saito 4-strokes! What gives?

Me too, Saito rules...
Old 07-31-2012, 06:45 PM
topspin

see post #2

See post #1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.