Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Wagon1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS

I try to buy locally when I can, but when I have to order, Tower has ALWAYS been great to me. One screw up, and they fixed it as soon as I contacted them.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 AM
pilotchute
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a loyal customer of Tower since 1995. There have been a couple of very small issues in that period which THEY HAVE DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF CORRECTING. Every retailer is going to have some difficulty and there is no way they can keep everybody satisfied. Generally when the full facts of an issue are known, the truth is it is not the reputable retailer that is at fault.

TOWER, HOBBY IS GREAT.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And they should pay for damaged goods why? If ups damaged it then ups is responsible but try to get ups to pay. So if you are a Tower club member and you get free shipping on orders over $150 then you paid no shipping to begin with, I would not expect them to pay for it going back. They will ship you a new one, free of course. If I get a package from anyone and it looks like it was beat up then I take a picture and then also of the packaging. I think Tower does as good of job at customer service as anyone and I don't think you should be slaming them in a forum without trying to resolve the issue first with them. Oh and for those who won't buy from them; where do you think 90% of the products you buy or use come from? No matter where you buy from they are the distributer or exclusive supplier of the products. I don't know of anyone I deal withthat pays return shipping for defective or damaged items.I once sent them an engine I bought new off ebay and it had a problem so I sent it in for service and they sent me a new one! No questions asked. Now thats real customer service!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Have ordered from Tower off and on for several years, tho admit I typically don't go to them first. I try to spread what little wealth I have around a bit if you will to smaller shops. With Tower I never really know when something I ordered will show up. Sometimes its really quick, most of the time a day or so past anticipated delivery date, and once not at all. In which case I called them, explained I'd not received the order after 2 weeks, and they UPS'd the part overnight. Nice! As to returns, I followed their instructions, got credit for the return with no additional questions asked. All items I've received were properly packed. Nothing really new to add, thats been my experience with them. Overall its been positive.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 AM
BIGBOOBOO

Support local hobby shops. I know we don't buy everything from our hobby shops but I sure try .
Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 AM
FLYING FREDDIE
My Feedback: (15)

Bought a DLE 20cc motor from tower after laying around for 2months installed the motor on a profile went to the field flew it 3 times started getting air bubbles in the fuel line and engine kept dying found the carb intake was cracked called tower from the field they solved the problem.
 They sent me a complete carb I offered to send the old carb back and all they had to say was NO THANKS, and they were sorry that i had a problem.

Have ordered a lot of Items from Tower and Horizon and have never had a problem.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Actually, if you call Tower, they will issue a UPS call tag and pick it up for free.

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

And they should pay for damaged goods why? If ups damaged it then ups is responsible but try to get ups to pay. So if you are a Tower club member and you get free shipping on orders over $150 then you paid no shipping to begin with, I would not expect them to pay for it going back. They will ship you a new one, free of course. If I get a package from anyone and it looks like it was beat up then I take a picture and then also of the packaging. I think Tower does as good of job at customer service as anyone and I don't think you should be slaming them in a forum without trying to resolve the issue first with them. Oh and for those who won't buy from them; where do you think 90% of the products you buy or use come from? No matter where you buy from they are the distributer or exclusive supplier of the products. I don't know of anyone I deal withthat pays return shipping for defective or damaged items.I once sent them an engine I bought new off ebay and it had a problem so I sent it in for service and they sent me a new one! No questions asked. Now thats real customer service!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

I call my local 4 Miles hobby House (not a good RC airplane) hobby shop and giv'em first chance even if they have to order it ... it got me 10% clube discount and no shipping over Tower Prices.. Other thing was they matched Tower price on $115 .75 Hitec item and had it in 3 days so yes I give my local hobby shop first crack. Now they will even go to other vendors they useally do don't do bussiness with for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
matiac

I've never ordered anything from them, but I do notice, compared to other online shippers, they ARE a tad pricey, although their selection is better than most. If I were to buy an I.C. plane, it would probably be through Tower, simply because the selection is better than what the others have.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I have dealt with Tower since the early 80's and can honestly say i have not had any problems with anything shipping or otherwise. On a scale from 1-10 I will give Tower a 20!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

I have used TH for many years now. In fact, I just received the orde i submitted last Thursday Sept 6. No issues at all.
I have however, had issues with wrong parts and broken parts, a phone call took care of everything and it did not cost me an additional cent.
I am very satisfied with Tower Hobbies.

Orlando
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Mike in DC

I've ordered from Tower for years, and I agree their packing is their Achilles heel. At least they've stopped using a single layer of that brown tape, the thinnest packing tape you can buy. I once had an order where the tape gave and I assume all the small parts fell out the bottom since they weren't in the box. I had another where a small box was in a big box without any cushioning at all. I sent them pictures and everything, and they promptly replaced all the missing items, but I honestly don't think there is any communication between the customer service folks and the warehouses. It wasn't like I expected someone to be fired, but if I'm going to take all the time and energy to take pictures and give them a gift of some really useful feedback, I thought I might hear something, or maybe things might get better, but I don't think it has (except maybe for the tape). Plus, their "shipping and handling" fees are out of line. I find that smaller companies do a much better job of packing, and I use them when I can.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Super Kupfer

I would take Tower Hobbies any day over Horizon Hobbies.

They treat people with respect and if you ask for a return shipping slip they will send it to you.

One thing I love about them the most is that if you have issues they will return to you pretty much within 24hr or less unlike Horizon, BTW they even replied to my emails on weekends from time to time.

Try to beat that.

O did I mention, they have better options and more of them.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

just ordered my new GP Revolver 70".. no worries here..!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

its time to put a death nail in this thread. Tower Hobbies is one of the best...Bar None.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

That's pretty harsh, and quite a bit of a stretch to say that something, someone, or a company sucks just because of a couple of screw-ups. Especially Tower Hobbies. Yes, they mess up from time to time. But that's only because of the employee, not the company. Tower always fixes their errors quickly. They keep notes on who screwed up, and when they have enough documentation, they fire that person.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
edwal07

I have had nothing but good service from Tower Hobbies.  I have been dealing with them since the 70's.  I have had great service and excellent customer support with no questions asked!  I had one shipment that was left, by the Postman, by the mailbox and it vanished!  I called Tower a week later after checking on the delivery and where it was left with the Post Office and guess what, within 5 days I had my order replaced and it was not a cheap order (over 150.00) so I say "GREAT"  and nothing less.  I have spent many dollars with Tower and the only negative thing I can say about them is shipping time has suffered since thay changed to sending everything to UPS or whatever service that sends them out.  Today I received one Hitec Retract servo, packed in a 12x10x5 box inside a bubble envelope with 4 air bags.  Dosen't make sense and it took 7 days to get it.  Otherwise I am happy with Tower.  Maybe not the fastest, but they treat me right when I need them!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
dirtyoldman00
My Feedback: (100)

shipping is OK but they are very slow I can get from horizon twice as fast
Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 AM
thrawn150

my issue with tower is there slow slow slow shipping. If I order from horizon before 2 it ships that day. If I order from tower it can take them up to 3 days to ship. Because of this I nolonger order from them, I have found the support to be good.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

me thinks that this is one of those typical threads, started by an OP with very few posts to his credit, came here to Slam TowerHobbies for no real reason when a simple phone call to them would have resolved his issue,,, GEEEEZ

BV
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer
I would take Tower Hobbies any day over Horizon Hobbies.

They treat people with respect and if you ask for a return shipping slip they will send it to you.

One thing I love about them the most is that if you have issues they will return to you pretty much within 24hr or less unlike Horizon, BTW they even replied to my emails on weekends from time to time.

Try to beat that.

O did I mention, they have better options and more of them.
You've got that right! Horizon is way down near the bottom of my list. Was looking at some eflite motor, picture had it with a spinner, so I emailed HH support to find out which spinner that was so I could order it with the motor, as it wasn't listed with parts or accessories. They emailed me back about a week and half later to visit the product page on their web site.. lol!!! Pretty much told me all I needed to know.. Anything they have can usually be had from somewhere else. Lately I've been ordering from amain hobbies, been very pleased, and the people have been very friendly the couple times I've called. On shipping, 2 day air UPS for 6.00?? Yes, they've been smaller boxes as needing parts and building supplies, but dang.. thats pretty sweet. They've got my business!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
gade600sdi

Just emailed tower customer service 2 weeks ago about a quality problem with one of their products I purchased.

NO RESPONSE BACK IN 2 WEEKS

Same thing with Horizon

ALWAYS RESPONDED IN 1-2 DAYS
Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i support my local hobby shop but i also buy from tower have since the 901s never had a problem never  great service friendly employees with good info on their products  , tower hobbies does not suck  Hobby King is the one that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!  wouldnt buy anything from hobby king never ever !!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

If you have been their customer since 1996, have you gotten on any of these public forums and praised their service and products? I'm assuming you have been generally happy with them to keep ordering. You had a screw up couple of times and you come on the net slamming a big company that has been in business for many years. Give them a chance to make it right prior to slamming them. Their customer service is excellent.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: llindsey1965

i support my local hobby shop but i also buy from tower have since the 901s never had a problem never great service friendly employees with good info on their products , tower hobbies does not suck Hobby King is the one that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! wouldnt buy anything from hobby king never ever !!!!!!!!
+10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.