Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Horizon and Warranty Policies

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horizon and Warranty Policies

Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Horizon and Warranty Policies

I recently purchased a H9 ARF from a distributor and the fuselage was warped. The company was contacted by email and they told me to contact Horizon. I did that and they said they were not responsible since I did not purchase the ARF through them. Buyer beware when dealing with vendors selling Horizon products.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Horizon and Warranty Policies

ORIGINAL: flycatch

I recently purchased a H9 ARF from a distributor and the fuselage was warped. The company was contacted by email and they told me to contact Horizon. I did that and they said they were not responsible since I did not purchase the ARF through them. Buyer beware when dealing with vendors selling Horizon products.
Is this distributor an authorized H9 dealer ? If so , then I can't see where Horizon would deny the claim . If not , then your beef would be with the independent distributor himself .

That said , I'm quite surprised that Horizon didn't make good on it anyway , since they seem usually quite willing to fix such problems . Maybe call back and speak to a different rep ?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised also. They have honored several warranties for me on items that I purchased at my LHS.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

Your LHS is probably a Horizon authorized dealer.

Where did you get it from?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the seller purchases directly from Horizon, whatever warranty Horizon provides should apply.
If the seller managed to bypass Horizon, and is getting the products through gray market channels, Horizon should not provide any warranty.
Who is the seller?

Here is a portion of the warranty for a H9 ARF, copied from the Horizon site.

What this Warranty Covers
Horizon Hobby, Inc., (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the "Product") will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.

Limited Warranty:

What is Not Covered This warranty is not transferable and does not cover (i) cosmetic damage, (ii) damage due to acts of God, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use, or due to improper use, installation, operation or maintenance, (iii) modification of or to any part of the Product, (iv) attempted service by anyone other than a Horizon Hobby authorized service center, or (v) Products not purchased from an authorized Horizon dealer.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which brand and model? what's the distributor's name?

Click on the dealer locator link:

http://www.hangar-9.com/StoreLocator/

If your "distributor" is not on that list, then they are not a Horizon dealer and are responsible for the ARF on their own.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which brand and model? what's the distributor's name?

Click on the dealer locator link:

http://www.hangar-9.com/StoreLocator/

If your "distributor" is not on that list, then they are not a Horizon dealer and are responsible for the ARF on their own. From personal experience with Horizon, they put 200% effort into making things right, IF you bought them from an actual Horizon dealer.