Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

bad rc flying fields

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM
harve28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bad rc flying fields

Just be thankful that you have a club to fly at! I don't have a club within 75 miles. Just adapt to their rules and enjoy yourself. Be thankful, i would obey the rules if i had a club to attend!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No wonder people like U have trouble in a group inveroment ... So sorry for guys like U and roger 8568 ... OH Well hope ya work it out ...really hope the best for U guys.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the club is on Corp of Engineers land, a public park, it isn't a private flying field. When I was a member of the Fort Worth Thunderbirds, we had that problem constantly. Not saying that Roger did anything wrong, but on Corp land, anybody can fly as long as they have AMA insurance.

At the Thunderbird field we could not ban or run off people who were not members. Anybody could fly.

I lost a new pattern plane on it maiden flight because a non member turned on his Tx while I was flying. When I informed him of what he did, his response was, "Sorry bout that!" He just acted like it was just no big deal. I honestly felt like stomping his plane. But I just walked away packed up and went home.

"Just one of those days" !

Frank

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

This is getting very weird. Dennis
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: harve28

Just be thankful that you have a club to fly at! I don't have a club within 75 miles. Just adapt to their rules and enjoy yourself. Be thankful, i would obey the rules if i had a club to attend!
This is from the AMA Club look up Good luck

RD BAILEY FLYING CLUB
Flying Site Details
32.46 miles
5103 5 RICKY LAMBERT
Email Contact
Phone: 304.732.9252 3
APPALACHIAN RC ASSN
Flying Site Details
36.08 miles
1830 11 RICKY ELSWICK Phone: 4
STONECREST RC FLYERS
46.10 miles
4896 13 REX CRAFT
Email Contact
Phone: 606-297-5153
Visit Website
6 Yes
MOUNTAINEER RC CLUB
Flying Site Details
46.77 miles
659 17 BARRY THAXTON
Email Contact
Phone: 304-932-4120
Visit Website
PIRATES OF THE SKY RC CLUB
Flying Site Details
51.73 miles
4905 11 DANNY FULKNIER
Email Contact
Phone: 304-922-8913
Visit Website
BECKLEY MODEL AIRPLANE CLUB
Flying Site Details
52.10 miles
982 44 LUTHER COOK
Email Contact
Phone: 304.673-4789
Visit Website

Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

My brother was "deployed" to combat in Vietnam and was also very sensitive to someone coming up behind him when he came home, to the point that if surprised from the rear he would instantly attack whoever surprised him like that. It was pure reactions based on survival in combat. So it is vey possible that he has thie tendency and those around him need to be careful not to do that or they may regret surprising him.

You can call this combat fatigue or whatever you want but is is very real.

Ed
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

This is getting very weird. Dennis
Can I get an AMEN........
Old 09-21-2012, 04:08 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Actually Countilaw, the Thunderbirds lease their space as do most clubs on corps land. That makes the club field private property, not a public park. The club allows flying of members only and guests of members per the club's constitution.

I can understand if the OP has some issues from being in combat, and will cut him a lot of slack if that's the case. Still, his actions are his responsibility, so if he does have trouble with being around people he needs to take enough care not to be in that situation.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:09 PM
jim_franks

The Corp of Engineers leases the property to the club in question. There is no agreement or limit to the use of the land except the requirement for AMA insurance. It is the club members responsibility to ensure that ALL FLIERS are legal. So you can see the why if you are a visitor or not a club member you are going to get asked. The same people that are there the first time you visit is not always going to be there the next time. Members don't have to worry about each other because the basic requirement to become a member is to be a member of AMA or you are not a member you can not be in the club.
So say if a visitor or someone who has been there a couple of times shows up without saying a word to anyone at the field and starts putting their plane together they are going to get questioned. Second if they put their card say in the 2.4 slot and not in the correct 72. slot they are going to be asked.
This protects the club from:
1. Someone who does not have AMA insurance.
2. Someone who does not know how to fly.
3. Someone who does not know the rules.
My take to all this is that as a visitor you should have the common sense to stop and talk to the flyers before you even take a single item out of your vehicle. This no matter how many times you have been there. I have never been turned down unless it was a private field.
You may be the best flyer in the world I don't know that. If you are and have a wealth of good knowledge then I want to talk to you.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: roger8568

Thrown out of another club HAHAHAHAH really.....Never Happened. ok going blistic really have someone constently get in your face and show me how you would react....polightly ...I THINK NOT!!! so the good ole boys here to defind there actions defending shows guilt and I don't need to defind my actions. I have flown with some of the best pilots in the world and all I can say is WOW!!! but that is ok and yes I do expect that members would show up here and this is why I started this thread. TO WARN OTHERS!!! Bashing me for telling the truth is showing you lied in the first place. Please to all members THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT MEMBERS IN THIS CLUB AND ONLY A FEW BAD MEMBERS. I counted 6 members that are the bad apples. The great news is there are great clubs out there and I encurrage true flyer to find there club. Just be carefull with this one.
Maybe learn how to spell, not trying to insult you, but your replys could be taken more seriously!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
BanjoTX

The OP of this thread was welcomed with open arms to "good ole boy" club. He was cordually made aware of the club and field requirements which both the Corp of Engineers and AMA has placed on us to insure all that fly there are covered by insurance.
He was also made aware of the fact that because he was a "new face" at the field, he'd probably be questioned by several people whom had not met him as of yet about the requirements.
Roger claims he was harressed and threatened to the point he filed a county police report. He also demanded that a couple of members be suspended from the club or he would have the club shut down. He also called the District VP demanding our chapter be removed.
If you might wonder why I'm aware of all this first hand??? I'm the president of that club.
We have been in existance since 1972 and home to the greatest heroes of our nation.. Our Soldiers!!
We welcome everyone to join us and enjoy this awesome hobby... In fact, Roger you are STILL very much welcome at our field...
We may seem like "good ole boys" because we are, but we love flying and having fun....
Hope ya get to be someone who is referred to as be'n" a real good ole boy... come out and fly with us!!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM
prop wash

Well,now that should close the thread!Banjo you sound like a gentlemen,how could anyone be upset with your club.I belong to two clubs.I fly mostly with club "A",but when I go to club "B" I always walk up to another member that I don't know well and show him my "AMA" card and talk for a while then go put my planes together.Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 06:49 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I concur with your comments. Most clubs do have there clicks and unless you know an insider you usually remain an outsider. I have belonged to four clubs in twenty yearrs and only one treated every member equally. Now I fly alone or with a few other outsiders.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
BanjoTX

Tom,
We've all had to go though the "I'm new" thing... The most important thing that I can say in all of this is that Roger, just like any other human being wants to be welcomed... It's really a shame that he felt that he wasn't.. or that the actions of our members made him feel otherwise.... Each of our members are very proud of our club because we do try so very hard to make people feel welcomed. No club can survive without members, so being openly friendly is very important to us as it reminds each of us how we would like to be treated.

Banjo
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

BanjoTX,

Based upon what you have said, If I lived anywhere near your club, I would join.   Sounds like a great bunch of people. and the kind of club I would love to be a member of..  sounds a lot like my current club...  great bunch of guys!! 

Have a great Day!

Craig.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
BanjoTX

Hi Craig,
Thank ya for the kind remarks.... Hope ya'r have'n a great flying season.
If you are ever in the Central TX/Fort Hood area be great to have you come out and join us...
I think flying makes all of us a great bunch of guys...

It's not what or how ya fly.. it's why that matters...

Take a kid flyin'

Banjo
Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 PM
cfijeff22
My Feedback: (4)

build your own field
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 PM
koastrc

This has kind of been fun. If I have this straight in my mind, some times these things confuse me. Some person went to some field to fly their plane and called the police. He then gets on the world wide web and tells the world about a bad club. He goes on to say how bad he was treated by the good old boys. Then the plot thickens when some of the good old boys, including the head good old boy gets on line and tell the world this guy is not telling the whole truth.
The OP has made the web his court room and the readers the jury. Hope he is not to surprised at the verdict.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 AM
flyinwalenda

Appears in his actions there may be more going on with the OP than just a bad day. Perhaps something serious, on medication, off the medication, etc... Maybe he needs a helping hand.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:21 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

In the words of the " old guy " at work used to say

" If your not one of us your one of them "
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 AM
roger8568
My Feedback: (23)

Banjo TX
I never and you know I never said I wanted the club shut down and this is why you are a bad club pres. I did call the District VP But not to have the club removed Just to inform him of your actions. Did you also inform people that just in the club meeting prior to the incident ... I was not at..... but in accordance to your words and other members talked about this very issue. treating fellow club members and new comers with respect and dignity and failed to do on this day. You and fellow club members inform people that the member that I am talking about has done this before. so asking for him to be suspended after your failure to take care of the issue prior to this incident, Is not a huge request. did you inform these people that you begged that I overlook the mistreatment I received at your field. Did you inform people that why you were standing beside my truck your safety officer agreed that there was an Issue with your club member. NOPE you did not but that is ok. I have been in clubs where if you didn't show up for cleanup at lease once you would have been suspended for a month and a month is exactly what i was asking. but to have a member treat potential new members that way. I only showed up that day to relax before I deployed for my 6th time. not to be treated the way your TWO member treated me. So you can tell all the story's to defend your club and like you did add in some tails of fiction if you want. It only adds to my point.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Bill Vargas

isn t it amazing when people(the op) assume?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM
roger8568
My Feedback: (23)

HoundDog

Thank you for the club info.

And thank you to all the members who addressed my spelling and grammar. I am a simple man who graduated special ed joined the military deployed 5 times and about to go on my 6th. as far as meds don't take any, I did see a DR and after he figured out what was wrong with me he couldn't read his own writing (LOL)

on a serious note I would never want any club suspended. Just to be treated with respect while I am at one or a member of one. I am about to deploy and at this time still have no club to enjoy flying but will continue to search I have 2 weeks left. one that I can fly because my family gets my last weekend.

I do thank all who have posted I have found what I was searching for when I opened this post (piece) Someone once told me to fix your problems listen to others. And to the gentleman who does not have club near him. if you ever open a club please let me know I will donate to your club funds without being a member.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

On a more important note, thank you for serving to defend our country and keeping us free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.