RCUniverse.com and RCTech.net’s ROC Batteries End of Summer Sweepstakes - Official Rules
1. Eligibility: RCUniverse.com and RCTech.net’s ROC Batteries End of Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes&rdquo
is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of Internet Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor&rdquo
, all employees of the named Sweepstakes Partner, all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities&rdquo
, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sweepstakes Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Sweepstakes entry period begins when the Sweepstakes is posted on RCUniverse.com and RCTech.net and ends at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on the Sweepstakes’ specified end date (the “Sweepstakes Period&rdquo
. Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: You may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period by using an APPROVED method of entry. The APPROVED method(s) of entry are identified in the Sweepstakes announcement and may include one or more of the following:
a. Forum Post. Visit RCUniverse.com or RCTech.net and accurately complete and submit an online forum post in accordance with the on-screen instructions. For RCUniverse.com or RCTech.net forum entries, you must be a registered user of the respective website to participate. Limit one entry per registered user. Multiple posts on one forum thread will be deemed one entry.
b. Private Message. Visit RCUniverse.com or RCTech.net and accurately submit a private message in accordance with the on-screen instruction. You must be a registered user of the respective website to participate. Limit one entry per person or email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder
Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Multiple entries and mechanically reproduced copies are void.
4. Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize(s) or a portion of the advertised prize(s) is unavailable for any reason. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winners as a result of the Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions, and the winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
5. Selection of Sweepstakes Winners/Odds: The winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or within 5 business days after the specified end date of the Sweepstakes Period. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winners will be notified via email to the email address submitted with the winner’s entry, within five (5) business days after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding. In the event that a winner(s) is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner(s) selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner(s) may, at Sponsor's discretion, be randomly selected.
6. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights&rdquo
in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. The winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner(s) may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
8. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prizes, the winners agree to release and hold Sweepstakes Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prizes. The winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prizes. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
9. Winners’ List: For a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Internet Brands, Inc., Attn: RCUniverse.com and RCTech.net Winners’ List, 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for winners’ lists must be received within thirty (30) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
10. Sponsor: Internet Brands, Inc., 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245