Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: garage launch slowstick 12am

The other thing I wish topspin would address, if he comes back, is the hair splitting about weight.

Can you think of any possible way a parkzone vapor could be dangerous, in any way, flown into anything from anywhere?

At a full dive from 100ft, if the wings didn't shear off, it could hit me in the forehead and be less risk than children at bat at a little league game.

100% of all real issues with urban FPV are about weight and nothing else.

We've moved park fliers into front yard flyers with the advent of these ultra micro craft, and yes, people fpv these too. They are all out of ama compliance, so attack! Ama compliance doesn't cover someone's front yard on a block, ever, yet we all read magazine pics of this going on and the convenience of this activity.

Double standard. put a camera on a micro, and topspin is in shambles, unless we can get him to state a flying oz weight that we all agree is safe.

I hope my vid makes us think about our subjective standards and how they are changing. I agree my flights would be safer with an ultra lite...but this 30oz slow stick is the bare minimum for 5 mph winds I can't go lighter or I'll never fly lol

Some may ask what my limits within the law would be, thats subjective too. for me, I wouldn't fly down the middle of town over the highly active streets. My quiet steets around my block are sans traffic enough for me to be safe. its legal to do both, but I choose this limitation cuz thats where my line is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brandon, for someone that feels that they are in the right, you sure are defensive.

If a person has a fence around their yard and the gate is closed, they have the expected right to privacy. If you climb over that fence, or fly over it, you are invading that person's right to privacy.

Also known as Trespassing !!!

Now, you are also a peeping Tom.

Both of which are illegal and not just for any government body, but as a private citizen.

So why don't we all go over to your house and watch your wife, mom or sister , which it would be , change clothes or shower or whatever they may be doing at the time.

After all, you said that we wouldn't be breaking any laws.

It's people like you that we have so many laws and regulations. You think you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, only because someone hasn't written it down as ILLEGAL !!!

If people like you used common sense and had a regard of others, we wouldn't need most of the stupid laws we now have on the books.

Grow up!!!

Frank

AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    AMA Introductory Flight Instructor
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We make sure we have privacy before getting nude lol
    by taking time to actually know the laws, its easy to be both in compliance and still retain privacy neat idea to consider! Not that 'they' can't zap me with an IR cam from above and see my wonderful curves scrubbing down in the shower, still don't care. I do not care who films me or anyone else, its the coming way, at least be a co-filmer I always say but not to see people, just to see the sky from the view of a real pilot.

BTW, its a billion times more dangerous for full scale craft to fly over my house, how dare they. In a worst case scenario, something ya'll like to ponder, who wants the cessna or the slow stick!

Ok, so you didn't read the links I posted and went off emotion, pretty common. Nothing is illegal here, at least read the link I posted about that verification.

FPV'rs have a lot to learn about legal compliance before they begin their art, if they care, and I did.

So, Im awaiting someone who actually knows what they are talking about, crickets sounding etc

Frank/countilaw you could spend some countless hours on the websites that show google earth catching, in much higher res, all the silly things people do in their back and front yards, check it.
    That being said, I have no disagreement with you not liking cameras flying over your house, please get your congressman to change that and all legally compliant FPV'rs will follow suit.

Also, get google earth to change as well double standard guy (do you get what Im saying_)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let me summarize your post:

I hate your little camera plane that on your video has such crappy resolution you can barely see blurry street lights, but google earth can zoom in to reveal the color of my dog bowl and Im ok with that.

All users of google earth are the toms you mentioned lol

I have a park flyer for my avatar, and I fly that in parks, and haven't read anything in this post other than watching the first minute of the video posted, getting on the ama bandwagon, and posting away.

I feel it should be illegal what you are doing, but I can't find any actual links to the contrary after you've stated you are positive it is legal in your city in TX. I didn't read the link posted about the guy reviewing the legality of AR drones ran off an ipad, but I wanted to chime in anyway with my thoughts.

What you are doing bothers me, though if you build one small enough I'd like to purchase it.
    that about right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So, its hippocritical when:

-we are ok with google earth and not fpv over our backyards

-we fly any airplane by rc, any size/weight/, anywhere but an ama sanctioned field that is ONLY used for rc

-its ultra mega obviously a double standard if you would fly a parkzone vapor in your front yard, or in your house, since AMA restricts totally flying rc around persons or property.
    The reason you overlook that obvious rule, is because you needed to find wiggle room the AMA and its old doctrine didn't bother governing for you. Obviously a 15gm flier doesn't pose the risks old fashioned rc used to, and thats what I think of a 30oz park flyer.

Again, Im not trolling, Im seeing how well thought out you guys' arguments are and how well it compares to similar technology that is exactly FPV impactful but we dont see it like that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the new requirement of this thread is you can't drop off a statement and then not post back when its diced like so much onion. You have to actually repost and work through the comparisons given.

We aren't going to agree, ever, but your anti urban fpv post needs to include:

-thoughts on the link I posted about legal drone filming of public vantage points, how thats different from me looking at you off a mountain with a telescope, how that differs from google earth etc

-the actual legality of FPV you have verified, not what you think it should be

-the difference betwen park flying and what Ive posted.

it is illegal to take pictures or video in some areas of restriction. Find out where those are before posting.
    All other areas, including your backyard even if you are nude in it is totally legal even though I don't want to see you, the internet is much more higher res.

the legality of drone filming in the US
    http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...assing/263431/

Make sure not to repeat the posts of others who wrote this stuff and then disappeared, that stifles learning.
    Also include in your dissertation how honoring AMA compliance at a public/non rc park makes your plane less likely to impact someone's head.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

watch ahead for posters jumping on the bandwagon who post but don't actually contribute, adds to the distraction from the issue at hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brandon you seem to be arguing with yourself. Are you winning or loseing?
    KaP2011
    AMA #408493
    SPA #521
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #110
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 193

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brandon429

Agreed, if laws change around that i totally understand and will comply

But my comparison is to ama sanctioned park flying, the park visitors didn't give y'all permission to crash a foamy into their baby carriage its just the ama compliant group doesn't care since they set an intended flight path

All i mean is that park flying is the same risk i take, ama had no bearing on risk to others.

If we aren't flying in an rc specific park, you have to lump all park flyers in the same group as me imo.

So Im not talking about rc dedicated fields...the pro ama group always compare what I do to their rules, and I looked them up, they say you can make any park your own flight area without problem and without the permission of those around you enjoying a walk in the park. That, to me, is a double standard galore. Theres no way ama adherence is safer in that regard when people are actually present. My way is undeniably safer to people, without question, and equally risky to property.

Brandon,

I wouldn't and don't fly in a populated park situations either,, for the same reasons,, too many unsuspecting bystanders not aware of the hazards of the activity I'd be subjecting them to. Just because many people do, doesn't make that right either.

The privacy issue is really ridiculous, not like you were videoing people at all,, and really, when my curtains are open or I'm in my back yard, I have no expectation of privacy,, that part of the other guys arguments is stupid in my mind.

last year this knucklhead posted a video of himself flying a electric speed type plane from a car while his girl freind was doing 70 + on the highway, he's flying, his girlfriend is driving the car and running the video camera. He thought he wasn't doing anything wrong too. Now IMO that was seriously stupid,, what you're doing is just slightly risky. I have to say you're leaving youself open to liability for just a little fun,, be careful.
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you winning or loseing?
    KAP2011 its spelled losing - got anything to add in response to what I wrote about google earth, park flying etc? Prob not.

Scale only for me that is a sound statement, not flying rc at all removes all liability associated with it I agree there are risks thats well said. By not ever flying in parks, even foamies, you have a sound perspective imo.

What is the plane or config that would meet a zero risk perspective in your opinion Scale for me Id like to know. The current takers are the park zone vapor and the parrot ar drone, just curious if there is any config that we'd all agree can be flown anywhere, anytime, any height, any technique. Those micro ships are coming soon to a town near us...also consider the ultra micros, the 5gm all up weight recorder/gps flown orniths and various micro planes. They are here, and being used by gov't, so we'll get that technology in about a decade and then there will be drones over your heads you can't even see in daytime when they are right above you.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...veillance.html
    I dont fear the coming drone army lol at all...don't care who watches me, I'll be watching them too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LMAO
    KaP2011
    AMA #408493
    SPA #521

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All you have to do is yank his chain a little to make him bark.
    KaP2011
    AMA #408493
    SPA #521

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

or you could post some stuff thats totally untrue, not respond to three critical points requested, be an ama guy with zero response to the challenges I posted, reflect zero knowledge of the post subject at hand with missspellings, that looks great too and it makes your posts stand out regarding the critical thinking angle.

The ultimate irony is in you guys' favor if you'll read the faa integration advisories

They are very likely to devote control of civilian, pic uav flight to self governing organizations, specifically the one that says you can fly your park flyers around people in a park. Not over, but within the immediate area demarcated by a line, your flight line.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yo Brandon -

It looks like you're only 60 miles from our club field in San Angelo, Texas. Come on over on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evening and fly your night flyer. You'd find some like-minded flyers there. Or maybe you're already there for our FlyIn this Saturday, sunday October 13,14.

I Googled "Olfen, Texas". It's listed as a West Texas ghost town, although the bright lights in that night video don't look like a ghost town.
    "We’re retrieving the seed — then we’re done defending the humans."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No such thing as zero risk in this hobby
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Olivedrab
    Thats where Im from, not where I fly nice huntin Sir!

You are just trying to bait me over so ya'll can sock party an fpv brother

not really thats nice of you, Ive never flown with other flyers ever since I started this addiction hobby in '94. I go fishing regularly in Bronte which isn't too far at all now that I know there's a club I'll google the info and try to come by, would love to see other planes in person with their gear etc. at least thats a respectable place to fly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats where Im from, not where I fly nice huntin Sir!

You are just trying to bait me over so ya'll can sock pa

not really thats nice of you, Ive never flown with other flyers ever since I started this addiction hobby in '94. I go fishing regularly in Bronte which isn't too far at all now that I know there's a club I'll google the info and try to come by, would love to see other planes in person with their gear etc. at least thats a respectable place to fly.
    Bronte! I used to drive through there all the time on my way from Abilene to my home south of San Angelo! The Stripes gas station/convenient store is THE place to be in Bronte on a Friday or Saturday night. [img][/img]

But seriously, about the night flying.......I've seen those guys at the Angelo RC club fly foamies absolutely COVERED in lights! Great fun to watch at night. It's gonna storm tonight so I'm not sure they'll be there tonight. I might zoom on over there and check. But tomorrow night - Sunday October 14th - it's supposed to be better weather and they might be there.

It's so much fun to watch these lit-up foamies at night. I fly .60 - 1.60 size large, fast, electric planes so I'm very reluctant to fly at night. I wonder if I could cover the bottom of a 4Star 1.20 with lights?

Our club field is off of Arden Road inside San Angelo State Park. It has a 450+ feet asphalt runway. It has electricity, porta potty, pop machine, and there's buffalo on the other side of the fence.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like I killed the thread by going off topic. Sorry!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Hey everyone..... LOOK AT ME. I flew fpv at night over my neighborhood and It's perfectly legal....."[/b]
    Big whoop.
    People quit feeding the troll, it's more fun watching him argue with himself.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db86405.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	1810942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj27331.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	1810943  
    When ever I feel like expressing my own opinion... I just ask an RCU moderator. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You didnt cover any of the facts in question, typical meme pusher wahoo. how about staying on point, got any?

the points of the thread are how we have totally hippocritical views in rc and how each one of us arrived there

but so far not scale flyer

urban fpv is a hot button issue, we don't think its dangerous, most do, but if you'll notice a recurring theme not many of the actual points are in contention. I think a lot of the one off posters aren't even reading the thread before commenting, not staying on point is trolling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed, if laws change around that i totally understand and will comply
    Here is something you don't seem to "totally understand"......it is guys like you doing stuff like this that ends up getting the laws changed....don't you get that??
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I disagree due to the recent faa meeting regarding civilian uavs, google that detail its amazing.

do you all honestly not think the faa has seen the countless youtube vids about what we do>? they just convened in april I think it was, and said "have at it we'll check back in 2015" and then will update the laws.

part of the unending anti fpv hype is that we are making laws stricter, not the case. we haven't affected laws in the least.

at least you wrote something on point thanks Matt. Also, I want the gray areas gone, that sucks the most. I already follow the law exactly and its never good enough geeze

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your local laws actually do allow you to fly and RC plane over houses without the consent of the owners then I suppose it's no harm done on that front. I still don't like what you did though on the basis of every RC pilot's duty to represent the hobby well to the public. I know that your plane couldn't crash through a roof and hurt someone, but that doesn't mean everyone knows that. I can also believe that you have the skills to pull off what you did, but not everyone knows that. Also, not everyone who will get the bright idea to mimic what you did has those skills either. Responsible flying is more than just not putting others at risk. It is making it clear to others that you are not putting them at risk so that they think of the hobby as harmless and RC pilots as responsible guys. I don't believe that you portrayed us that way in what you did, nor in posting a video about it online. I also don't believe you've portrayed us as courteous and mature in the posts you've made either, although you could have. Even if what you did was safe (and I'm not convinced it was as safe as you make it out to be), this is negative PR overall. We don't have many legal regulations now specifically because as a community we've done such a good job of self-regulating. The new breed of park pilots don't seem to see a need for that, so because of videos like this and responses like what you've given we likely will face regulations in the future.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Fpver's won't be happy until the FAA, state and local goverments make a law to ban them, JUST FOR THEM! But it won't effect just them, it will affect any one tossing a parkflyer in a open
    or unopen area. JUST BECAUSE IT"S LEGAL>>>> DOES NOT MEAN IT"S RIGHT!!!!

Chris923
    Chris923
    (Capt. Cluck) Screamin' Chicken Squadron
    P-51 Mustang Brotherhood # 2
    The not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood #4
    The Flying Electrons
    Meno. Falls, Wisconsin

Futaba
    True Turn
    Kirby Custom Graphics
    Bad Brad Graphics
    Robarts,Down and Locked
    Top Flite,Ziroli,Byron
    DLE, Zenoah,OS
    Cool Power

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well said and valid points. I felt a little unjustly attacked, my first post was simply showing my night launch.

One thing i could do to improve safety would be to convert it into a pusher setup, might just do.

There were rather harsh initial attacks, and some complete mis statements too. The initial responses combined misinformation with emotion, makes for a rough start

If i was flying like this with a park zone ember would that be ok jester, what's your weight limits

Since we're making sense now I'd like to know where your line is between park flying, and home block flying what i do. A trojan is in between a vapor/ember and a slow stick, maybe that's ok?

Consider my view though in loading the video. I took into account the comparisons to park flying, the fact no one is out at midnight, the quality of my prep, other peoples perceptions are their responsibility imo. I loaded it from a different viewpoint than you guys view it from, thought it was a segue into a discussion about the inevitable. It seemed to me that meeting all the license requirements was a sign of me doing what's required.

It simply doesn't matter if people make wrong assumptions, my job is to be legal not an ambassador. my vids don't make others contemplate stupidity any more than a base jumpers vid makes me want to jump off a cliff.

Once we all agree on what size plane is rightly flown with a mini can from any front yard, I want to revisit rules/actions you thought could never be justified. Currently I'm expecting to see anyone here against my flights destroying any thread where micro flyers buzz around someones yard, cuz i think that's the same

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast