Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

garage launch slowstick 12am

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

garage launch slowstick 12am

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: garage launch slowstick 12am

Using the term of that decade....."would have been run out on a rail"
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 AM
dreamwever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your toy grade that never hurt anyone ? kid got seven stiches and almost lost an eye with a toy airhog  as for you flying over  what happins when you lose battery for what ever resen and it comes down on someone in the dark are you going to step up and take responceability
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 AM
brandon429

You know something lost on page 1?

Intent. That factors into any legal and privacy argument.

I never use the nas to wreck privacy. the initial motivation is distance ability as is for any ham, after that its just a virtual tour. Trying to get farther and farther is the best aspect. I'm on the edge of town, ultra long range tests are over the types of fields you all support flying.

That's how many have reacted it seems, worst case examples for legal and privacy angles.
here is the fpv vapor Ive been mentioning, not ever dangerous in any way any flight area:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...321850&page=12

I take the heck off over the neighbors house who is most familiar with my setup, am up to altitude in no time, i don't look at your trees I'm amazed by the forest at night. You are dealing with a scientific hobby internet arguer type of guy, i see others too.

No harm intended. I posted to show how things have been for years, we need to talk about it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 AM
brandon429

Yes i will pay up, I'm my own insurer, I'm sure they can sue my homeowners insurance too.

I think the seven stitches air hog kid is in the same hospital/luck category as the pop rocks and soda kid.

Post that injury link, for sure.

There have been injuries with lead pencils too, did we stop using them? I'll bet you over the years handfuls of people lost eyes due to pencils. Likelihood is the word of the day.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

50 years ago the AMA were telling modelers not fo fly over others property. In fact it was an issue before RC with free flight. They preached using fields large enough to fly within the field and the use of dethermalizers.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

beagle, you obviously are ignorant of how democracy works, or, more likely, you don't care how democracy works when it is contrary to your view. When 87% of the people's thinking is contrary to yours, don't you believe it is time to re-examine your views? That you might actually be wrong? I believe you know that, but you won't publicly admit it here. It borders on stupidity to think that 87% of the people thinking one way does not give credence to that view.

As for your political views, that is not for this forum. Don't you think we all have strong feelings on that topic also? If you think folks have been vitriolic so far, just stir that one up and see where it goes.

As far as Brandon's achievements go, I am all for that. FPV is very exciting and has much to offer. But not the way he's doing it. Flying over unsuspecting people at midnight is just wrong. And I suspect that Brandon knows that as well. As many of us have said all along, this is a troll who has stumbled on a subject that is satisfying his desire for attention and he will ride that horse until it dies of exhaustion. We all have pity for kids that need that much attention and do things to draw it, but it is the responsibility of reasonable people to stop the kid before he hurts himself or someone else in his effort to gain attention. That is what is happening here.

He has made some outlandish claims in his quest for attention, the latest being that he is self insured. How childish is that?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 AM
brandon429

I have the money to pay for scratches. All else is hype and hyperbole like your post.

Trolls don't normally stay up top, people are bigger than to stay engaged with one.

Let the thread die, i won't be next to post.

it was a benefit to me in that i had more good legal consideration to find areas i might have missed, learned something new about white sands new Mexico, saw some rational people make good stances, and the opposite.

Nobody was forced to post here, take control over your posts, everyone stop kicking up this thread if you can stand to simply stop typing.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Strange to hear an American arguing FOR a democracy. I thought you had a Constitutional Republic.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: bogbeagle

Strange to hear an American arguing FOR a democracy. I thought you had a Constitutional Republic.

Good thing too. A democracy is basically mob rule.