Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

So because they don't "Own" the warehouse, there is no warehouse??? I think we agree on how they work,, what's the problem?

Many Companies Drop ship through warehouse facilities that they don't "own", these are massive processing centers,, very common for an online retailers to work this way.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

So because they don't ''Own'' the warehouse, there is no warehouse??? I think we agree on how they work,, what's the problem?

Many Companies Drop ship through warehouse facilities that they don't ''own'', these are massive processing centers,, very common for an online retailers to work this way.

I agree there is nothing unusual about doing business that way, lots of overseas and even US companies do it. But, HK tries to make it sound like it is their warehouse and all the rabid fanboyz will call you names if you say it ain't so.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM
scale only 4 me

I guess they just drink a diferent flavor Kool-aid than the He-Man HK Haters club.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM
topspin

I guess they just drink a diferent flavor Kool-aid than the He-Man HK Haters club.
I agree, kool-aid and facts just don't mix do they.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's see the pics already! I'm interested to see what it looks like.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Me too.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's amazing how far some people will go and what they will say to protect their $100 pay check from Hobby King ! !

Frank
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Let's see the pics already! I'm interested to see what it looks like.
LOL, it a big box shaped building with big doors that trucks back up to

ORIGINAL: countilaw

It's amazing how far some people will go and what they will say to protect their $100 pay check from Hobby King ! !

Frank
You guys should really stick with HK has crappy customer service and suspect product quality, those arguments hold water. The everyone who doesn't hate HK is a paid shill and HK is tricking people into thinking they "Own a warehouse" is just ridiculous. It just shows how you're grasping at anything to criticize HK, You really loose all credibility when you push these types of silly arguments.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 AM
topspin

OK, The address for pickup and also shipped from, and RMA's is 10011 Bridgeport Way SW, Ste 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499-2356. As everyone knows this is a Mailboxes USA (UPS) store in a strip mall. Note the suite number on the door is 1500.

The Hobby King Warehouse which is actually in Tacoma, WA but has a Lakewood postal address is a trailer and a guy named Dale and whoever Dale has helping him.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=7
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31509.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	1814941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46137.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1814942  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
scale only 4 me

lol,, a credible source,,, thanks
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
JollyPopper

So does anyone have pictures of this trailer/warehouse and are there any signs on the trailer/warehouse identifying it as a Hobby King warehouse? Surely if it is common knowledge that this is the Hobby King USA Warehouse, someone has taken pictures of it or would have access to it to take pcitures. I would be curious to see what HK is actually calling a warehouse.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: topspin

OK, The address for pickup and also shipped from, and RMA's is 10011 Bridgeport Way SW, Ste 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499-2356. As everyone knows this is a Mailboxes USA (UPS) store in a strip mall. Note the suite number on the door is 1500.

The Hobby King Warehouse which is actually in Tacom, WA but has a Lakewood postal address is a trailer and a guy named Dale and whoever Dale has helping him.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=7
Dale, his brother Dale and his other brother Dale ?

Old 10-26-2012, 07:43 PM
countilaw

Well, Hobby Krap gives the address of their warehouse, and we've seen pictures of the "warehouse" at the provided address. What more proof do you want that Hobby Krap has no US warehouse?

It's nothing but a sales ploy to get those that are not smart enough to realize what a sham HK is, to keep ordering from them.

Like P. T. Barnum stated, "There's a fool born every minute! " Like Hobby Krap , There a fool that orders every minute.

This is a report from a previous employee of Hobby K. Read it open your mind:

http://www.reddit.com/r/radiocontrol...ma_from_an_ex/

Frank
Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 AM
scale only 4 me

Like I said, this has been covered in the threads before, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410124

See if you're shipping your product through a "logistics center" or a "drop ship location",, what ever you'd like to name it aka "Dale's back yard" and you want to process returns at another location,, Why would you put "Dale's Back yard" as your ship from location. See that would just invite people that don't have the sense to follow directions to return things to the wrong location, not where you want them too. If I remember right that is just what HK was doing when the first started shipping from "Dale's back yard" aka the non existent usa warehouse. So the solution, put the ship from addy the same as the return addy.

Dale's back yard,, (click birds eye view)
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...153&FORM=MIRE1

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/hobbyking-usa-llc
http://wa.14thstory.com/hobbyking-usa-llc.html

Seams like many companies are shipping in and out of Dale's back yard, must be all three Dales working just to keep up
http://www.bing.com/search?q=9822+47...+usa&FORM=AWRE
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I'm not sure what the outside looks like but I'll bet the inside looks something like this !

Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM
topspin

Like I said, this has been covered in the threads before, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410124

See if you're shipping your product through a ''logistics center'' or a ''drop ship location'',, what ever you'd like to name it aka ''Dale's back yard'' and you want to process returns at another location,, Why would you put ''Dale's Back yard'' as your ship from location. See that would just invite people that don't have the sense to follow directions to return things to the wrong location, not where you want them too. If I remember right that is just what HK was doing when the first started shipping from ''Dale's back yard'' aka the non existent usa warehouse. So the solution, put the ship from addy the same as the return addy.

Dale's back yard,, (click birds eye view)
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...153&FORM=MIRE1

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/hobbyking-usa-llc
http://wa.14thstory.com/hobbyking-usa-llc.html

Seams like many companies are shipping in and out of Dale's back yard, must be all three Dales working just to keep up
http://www.bing.com/search?q=9822+47...+usa&FORM=AWRE

Yeah my freind went there and all he saw was a print shop and Global Clothing which is a thrift shop that sends used clothing to poor people overseas. I guess the conatianers go out with clothing in them and come back with hobby junk in them, or refugees...

Trust me, the warehouse thing is smoke and mirrors. Next time your in Seattle drive down to Tacoma and see for yourself. I just doesn't really exist, it's just a bunch of boxes full of batteries and some airplanes and a guy named Dale with a couple of flunkies who fill orders. Oh and they also have to drive the van to the Port of Tacoma once in a while to pick up some stuff. Not exactly bustling.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 AM
JollyPopper

I'm confused. Is there a trailer/warehouse or not? If so, could someone in that area snap a quick photo and post it? If not, why not? Why would the location and concrete evidence be so secretive?

I tend to believe that if HK actually had a brick and mortar warehouse here, giant pictures of it would be plastered all over their website. This "USA warehouse" does feel like a bit of smoke and mirrors on their part.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM
PWF63

I can't speak for you Guys in the USA but as an Aussie purchasing from HK I can say that their service is A1 as is their delivery time.
Even if we have to purchase out of Hong Kong the service is still bloody great.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: PWF63

I can't speak for you Guys in the USA but as an Aussie purchasing from HK I can say that their service is A1 as is their delivery time.

I don't doubt that except there are some Ozzies lately who are none to pleased with Hobby King. Since the owner is Australian it makes sense that he would not rip off his countrymen as much.

All I can say is, wait till the service isn't so good and then see what happens when you try to get them to fix it.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't speak for you Guys in the USA but as an Aussie purchasing from HK I can say that their service is A1 as is their delivery time.

And you decided you would use your very first post to ;

Say hello and introduce yourself to a brand new (to you) forum ....

Ask some important question about something RC .......

NOooo , Mr. ONE POST is gonna come in here singin the praises of SlobbyThing and think we are all too stupid to pick up on the one post shill

Nice Try , now go back and tell your boss that the RCU regulars really AREN"T dumb enough to fall for the one post wonder who just LOVES his SlobbyThing .......
Old 10-28-2012, 01:16 AM
PWF63

Well, Well, that's a bit harsh considering you don't know me.
I do however concede it wasn't the best move to have written this post as my first one.
For that, I offer my appologies.
Let me introduce mysel.
I'm 61 years old, don't have a boss as I'm medically retired.
I'm an ex Speed and racing CL modeller judst starting out in SAM Old Timers
and electric RC.
My yearly budget for modelling is propably less than some of you blokes either spend on could spend
a month so for electric RC Hobby King suits my needs at the moment.
I would however but American if the postage wasn't so stiff. More times than not, the postage to Australia is more than what I want to purchase.
Looking forward to many more posts on this forum.
I'm like you.
In It for FUN, not to be abused.
Take care my friend.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 AM
topspin

Well, Well, that's a bit harsh considering you don't know me.
I do however concede it wasn't the best move to have written this post as my first one.
For that, I offer my appologies.
Let me introduce mysel.
I'm 61 years old, don't have a boss as I'm medically retired.
I'm an ex Speed and racing CL modeller judst starting out in SAM Old Timers
and electric RC.
My yearly budget for modelling is propably less than some of you blokes either spend on could spend
a month so for electric RC Hobby King suits my needs at the moment.
I would however but American if the postage wasn't so stiff. More times than not, the postage to Australia is more than what I want to purchase.
Looking forward to many more posts on this forum.
I'm like you.
In It for FUN, not to be abused.
Take care my friend.

Nice to make your aqaintance PWF63. I understand the money issue and I understand the needfor a discount hobby outfit. My experience with Hobby King was not so good. I had a number of orders that went fine tehn they stiffed me on a couple of orders and basically stole my money. That's why I said when it goes right with them it's fine but when soemthing goes wrong you may as well just kiss the money good by. You might want to try Leaders Hobby in Hong Kong, they have a very good selection of motors and speed controllers at better prices than Hobby King. I have had good service from them and they actually have a phone and will answer email promptly. Have fun and see you around the forums.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
countilaw

Welcome to the forum Pwf63. You will find there are a lot of people here don't like Hobby Krap, nor Anthony Hand. He and HK have shafted a lot of people. Their deception is perimount just like the lie about a US Warehouse.

Sorry you got blasted for supporting Hobby Krap, but with only one post and it's a testimony for HK only looks like all the other shills that praise the sub standard internet seller. A lot of people here were banned from another forum for informing other hobbyists about the under handedness of Anthony Hand and Hobby Krap. He has total control of the other forum and it seems that he trying to get control of this one too.

I was sorry to see that RCU started letting him advertise here.

Just so you know, HK placed an advertisement offering anyone that would promote their products within the forums up to a $100 a month depending on how many times they posted. The shills have invaded RCU.

Frank

The above post is my educated opinion. Any and all persons or institutions may or may not be fiction. You decide!!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

FRANKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-No Shills here that I know about; but there are plenty that like making you go nuts about Hobby King and reading your rants and watching your space bar go crazy ( you may want to dial in some expo on that keyboard) I cannot understand why you hate Hobby King and anyone that speaks of it-rather amusing. But back to the topic-Plenty of new products being stock everyday in the worldwide warehouses that are also carried by other retailers for four times the price but like I said -buy your bread whereever you desire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:29 PM
countilaw

Hobby Krap doesn't have any new products. Just products that they have ripped off of other REPUTABLE companies. Just like thier US Warehouse that doesn't exist.

I also see that you changed your location to "Somewhere in Texas" .

Anyway, I'm not going to fall for your TROLLING tactics.

You just keep shilling and trolling, and I will keep voicing my opinion about Hobby Krap.

Frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.