Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Oldest RC Company

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oldest RC Company

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Not sure if it fits the OP's criteria, but Testors, McCoy, Cox, they have been around for a while. Testors still sells all the glues and paints, but back in the 70's, they had control line plastic planes with McCoy engines to compete with the Cox plastic c/l planes.

Wasn't Wen Mac older than Cox? That is as a model company, not RC. No longer in business either, but neither is Cox. Yes there is sombody that bought the last of their inventory and selling it off, but that is not the same company.
I heard that they are making Cox engines again, somebody in Canada. But that is just what I was told.
Yes that is Cox Internationas. No they don't make engines, just selling a lot of NOS. Taking left over repair parts and assembling them to seel as engines,.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oldest RC Company

Not sure if it fits the OP's criteria, but Testors, McCoy, Cox, they have been around for a while. Testors still sells all the glues and paints, but back in the 70's, they had control line plastic planes with McCoy engines to compete with the Cox plastic c/l planes.

Wasn't Wen Mac older than Cox? That is as a model company, not RC. No longer in business either, but neither is Cox. Yes there is sombody that bought the last of their inventory and selling it off, but that is not the same company.
I heard that they are making Cox engines again, somebody in Canada. But that is just what I was told.
Yes that is Cox Internationas. No they don't make engines, just selling a lot of NOS. Taking left over repair parts and assembling them to seel as engines,.
Yeah, those Cox engines bring back lots of memories. I had a few of them growing up. Most guys must have had at least one. I still have a NIB Black Widow stored away.