Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Shiping help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 06:18 AM
BigSky
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shiping help!!

Can anyone help me? I am trying to sell a plane here on RCU but I am trying to find a way to ship the wing (96 inches). Someone here has to have done this before.

Help is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44812.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	60568  
Old 09-11-2003, 10:16 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shiping help!!

I have shipped a few planes.......the only thing I can tell you is to bubble wrap the entire wing and then pack it in popcorn foam, then make sure you have good braces inside of the box so it wont get crushed. As far as shipping you can try Greyhound. They have a length, height, and width limit. A wing that size I am sure FedX or UPS and USPS will not ship due to size restrictions. Contact Greyhound and see if there is a terminal close to you and the person your shipping to. The last resort is to call a trucking company and see how many hundreds of dollars they are going to charge you to truck a box from A to B. Let me know if you need any more help.

Proud Member of RCUniverse Revver Brother #22 Tim
Old 09-11-2003, 11:47 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I will try this again. Another bug wouldn't accept the post.

Anyway, unfortunately, with that long you are limited in options. UPS and USPS I don't think will do it without huge surcharges, Greyhound has I think a 74 inch limit. That means you are stuck with Forward air, one of the airlines, or a freight company. that would be expensive. Where are you shipping it to and from?
Old 09-11-2003, 12:13 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It really matters on where you are shipping it to and from. A trucking company can be really inexpensive if it can be put on a trailer that is needing to be filled for a backhaul.

A guy here in Kansas had a stuffed Elk shipped that way from Wyoming. he just called all the trucking firms he could find until he sourced a trucker needing to fill his trailer for a backhaul. Cost him about a $130.00 vs. $400.00 on a regular freight line.

My comany does this a lot to save on shipping charges.

One big drawback would be tracking the package and making sure it is either picked up at the destination or delivered properly.

Scott