The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 PM
  #1
PLANE JIM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AT THE AIRPORT
Posts: 1,958
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Congratulations to David Ditch (USA) who placed 1st in the 700 class and 3rd in unlimited on the recent competiton sponsored by HOBBYKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

That was a heck of a lift.
PLANE JIM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM
  #2
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,249
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Hey, way to go David !!!! Congratulations on a great win.


Frank
countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  #3
JollyPopper
 
JollyPopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mountain Home, AR
Posts: 2,577
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

PLANE-JIM, how did you come to have that little tidbit of information? Where is it posted?
JollyPopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
  #4
KRASHKOPTER
 
KRASHKOPTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CANADA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

PLANE-JIM, how did you come to have that little tidbit of information? Where is it posted?


Found it here....http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/beerlift.asp

K

KRASHKOPTER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
  #5
Nakajima
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Eau Claire, WI,
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Poor guy - all that effort and he got punished with a Hobby King store credit!
Nakajima is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM
  #6
flyinwalenda
 
flyinwalenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northeast, PA
Posts: 3,627
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

HA ! I see their help wanted sign is still up. Keep the grease on those revolving doors  !
flyinwalenda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
  #7
PLANE JIM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AT THE AIRPORT
Posts: 1,958
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Or that they or a growing business and they need more help-now back to the topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLANE JIM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM
  #8
warningshot
 
warningshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: OU-OSU OK
Posts: 474
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Or that they or a growing business and they need more help-now back to the topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard that their sales increased by over a thousand sales per month last year.
warningshot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 AM
  #9
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: warningshot


Quote:
ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Or that they or a growing business and they need more help-now back to the topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard that their sales increased by over a thousand sales per month last year.
And so did the returns and complaints..



Congratulations David.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
  #10
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,249
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Complaints are UP, I talked to a guy today that had bought ten lipos, 5 of them were bad, 2 of those had puffed, so out of the ten he got 5 batteries and now he doesn't trust them (the batteries). And he hates HK.

He said he would have been better off just getting Venom batteries and paid the higher price. His last comment was, "I trusted what I heard and I got screwed, but I learned my lesson!"

It's amazing, people can read and hear about the bad reputation of that company, and still buy from them because all they are thinking of is the cheap prices. Then it bites them in the caboose. Then they learn their lesson.

Why was it called, " Beerlift " ? Would that be the same thing as "Keg Party"?

Were the awards a lifetime supply of lipos? That can't be right, because it would take a life time supply just to get a few that were any good.

But anyway, it's great that David Ditch for the good ole U.S. of A. showed them how it's done. Gooooo David!!!

We need more Hobby Suppliers hosting contest.

Frank
countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
  #11
PLANE JIM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AT THE AIRPORT
Posts: 1,958
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Frank-please stay on topic.
PLANE JIM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM
  #12
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,249
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Jim I am on topic, You are the one that responded to how well their business is doing. You opened the door. If you can't stand the heat then stop promoting Hobby king.

But I and everyone else know very well that you must earn your money for their promotion of their copied, low quality products. If it wasn't for promoters like you, that need Hobby King to support their hobby, Hobby King wouldn't be in business today.

That my opinion and the same opinion that has been expressed by many more people in the hobby.

So now that you have started this thread to promote Hobby King, and you've done your job, and collected your money we can move on.

Frank
countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
  #13
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: countilaw

Jim I am on topic, You are the one that responded to how well their business is doing. You opened the door. If you can't stand the heat then stop promoting Hobby king.

But I and everyone else know very well that you must earn your money for their promotion of their copied, low quality products. If it wasn't for promoters like you, that need Hobby King to support their hobby, Hobby King wouldn't be in business today.

That my opinion and the same opinion that has been expressed by many more people in the hobby.

So now that you have started this thread to promote Hobby King, and you've done your job, and collected your money we can move on.

Frank [img][/img]

For real Frank, I mean who even heard of this Beer Lift thing until it was posted on here? The only posts I ever see from Jim are all sunshine and lollypops about HK and how they never do anything wrong. If you like them so much Jim why don't you buy a gift certificate from them? Who knows maybe next year you can win a case of beer if your HK plane manages to fly without bursting into flames.[X(]
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:21 AM
  #14
PLANE JIM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AT THE AIRPORT
Posts: 1,958
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

I have not had a problem with HK in this year with over $500.00 in orders-as far as value here is my last order:
three 3s 2200 batteries, one 25 size electric motor and two 80amp speed controls-total bill was $91.86 shipped and I got it in four days from the USA warehouse that does not exist according to other posters-but I have noticed HK does promote the hobby more than our USA distributors that sell the same items made in the same factories in China for a whole lot more.

As I have said in several post-If you want to pay twice as much for that same loaf of bread-It is your money go ahead.
PLANE JIM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM
  #15
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I have not had a problem with HK in this year with over $500.00 in orders-as far as value here is my last order:
three 3s 2200 batteries, one 25 size electric motor and two 80amp speed controls-total bill was $91.86 shipped and I got it in four days from the USA warehouse that does not exist according to other posters-but I have noticed HK does promote the hobby more than our USA distributors that sell the same items made in the same factories in China for a whole lot more.

As I have said in several post-If you want to pay twice as much for that same loaf of bread-It is your money go ahead.

Well Jim, I can buy most, if not all of the stuff they offer for less than twice as much. I can get much of it right here in the USA and for less money in some cases. I can definetly buy higher quality products from several Chinese suppliers for the same or less money. You just need to shop around a little. I have also found that unlike your benefactor these stores all provide very good customer service and the few issues I have encountered were very quickly and professionally corrected without weighing boxes and sending pictures only to be told to do it again and again.

Check out some other places and you will be surprised at how much money you can save over your current vendor.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:35 AM
  #16
w0mbat
 
w0mbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cape Coral FL
Posts: 510
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

I'm not sure the best way to promote the hobby is to swindle people into buying inferior products all while claiming they are the same quality as everything else on the market. Flooding the market with dangerous, low quality products really does nothing for the hobby, other than endanger people and sour them to the entire experience. Holding a contest for advertisement purposes is not really promoting the hobby as much as it is promoting your own selfish interests.

If companies like HK were truly interested in promoting the hobby instead of simply moving product, they would be selling people a quality product and backing those products up with service and support. If you are not doing that, you are simply taking advantage of people who don't know any better and depriving them of the opportunity to safely enjoy a rewarding hobby.
w0mbat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  #17
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS


Quote:
ORIGINAL: w0mbat

I'm not sure the best way to promote the hobby is to swindle people into buying inferior products all while claiming they are the same quality as everything else on the market. Flooding the market with dangerous, low quality products really does nothing for the hobby, other than endanger people and sour them to the entire experience. Holding a contest for advertisement purposes is not really promoting the hobby as much as it is promoting your own selfish interests.

If companies like HK were truly interested in promoting the hobby instead of simply moving product, they would be selling people a quality product and backing those products up with service and support. If you are not doing that, you are simply taking advantage of people who don't know any better and depriving them of the opportunity to safely enjoy a rewarding hobby.
+1 w0mbat, well said.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
  #18
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,907
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Quote:
ORIGINAL: w0mbat

I'm not sure the best way to promote the hobby is to swindle people into buying inferior products all while claiming they are the same quality as everything else on the market. Flooding the market with dangerous, low quality products really does nothing for the hobby, other than endanger people and sour them to the entire experience. Holding a contest for advertisement purposes is not really promoting the hobby as much as it is promoting your own selfish interests.

If companies like HK were truly interested in promoting the hobby instead of simply moving product, they would be selling people a quality product and backing those products up with service and support. If you are not doing that, you are simply taking advantage of people who don't know any better and depriving them of the opportunity to safely enjoy a rewarding hobby.
[8D] Thank You w0mbat , you have said it perfectly . PS , I gave your post the 5 star rating [8D]
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  #19
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,249
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

There are some companies that are in business for only one reason, to line their own pockets. That's why they operate out of countries that have no wage controls, no government regulations, perferrably a communist country where they are untouchable by Federal Trade Commissions. They provide no customer service, no quality control and no employee benefits. They deal with people of other countries where getting up close and personal is impossible.

Does any of that fit any companies that you know of?

Frank


countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  #20
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
 
RCKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 26,772
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HOBBYKING'S BEERLIFT 2012 WINNERS

Ok, this thread has gone on long enough. The thread is long gone from the stated topic and I have no faith that it will return to that topic. Therefore I am closing this thread down.
Ken
RCKen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 PM.