Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How is Nitroplanes regarding shipping damage

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How is Nitroplanes regarding shipping damage

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:50 AM
TampaRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is Nitroplanes regarding shipping damage

I'm considering buying a large arf from them and wondering how they handle shipping damage. It will be a huge box (80"ws) and will come from the westcoast to the east coast.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How is Nitroplanes regarding shipping damage

A club member ordered a 40 size plane  from them , waited for it , and when it finally came in the vertical stab was broke off and a wing tip was crushed. He tried their customer support but was not successful and he wanted it for an event so he ordered another one as they were still on sale. The second one came in with the same damage in almost the same areas. He spent hours on the phone , sending emails, taking pictures, with no response. Days turned into weeks until finally he made some progress. They would not send a replacement plane, they would not send replacement parts. End result was that they credited his CC $15.00 and that was it!
He fixed the plane, flew it for a very short period until the motors quit, then an esc,. He robbed the spare plane for parts until they wore out too in a short amount of time. Needless to say, he will never buy any more planes from them.
Hope you have better luck.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not had any success with the phone, email or chat. I have had my problems dealt with on their forum. rcdicuss.com. I have had issues taken care on their forum here too.

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/forumdispla...-Order-Support

Buzz.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

It's kind of like Hobby King, ......................... only worse. They don't respond to phone calls, email, or their own Web based trouble ticket service.

If you want something from them, you will have to be willing to accept what they send as final. Broken parts, missing parts, awful quality .... are all on you.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, good for TampaRC! You asked here BEFORE ordering!

Search for other posts, you'll find many posts made by guys after the sale.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

They definitely are of the you bought, you own it mindset. Never had much luck with their C/S.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

If you want them to answer you do a CC chargeback. then they talk. Dennis
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Make sure you buy with a credit card, if you do business with them. They won't deal with you on customer service issues, but they do listen to the credit card companies. I have had good luck with Nitroplanes and HobbyKing but ONLY use a credit card, just in case I do run into problems... A BIG part of the shipping problem with Nitroplanes is the packing is terrible! You get the ARF in the box just as it was put into the shipping container in China. No extra packing or cushioning. The planes do usually come double boxed (arf box and an outer cardboard box) but the outer box is very light weight and doesn't protect well from handling by United Package Smashers.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
TampaRC

I used to ship alot of planes both by fedex and ups and the more fragile stickers I put on them, the more foot prints on the boxes would be on them destroing them.