Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: R/C Airplanes are not toys...

I don't think this has any more benefit in this forum so I am moving it to the Clubhouse forum. If you guys want to squabble over sandboxes and full scale Pitts, well, you can do it over there. In fact, I have no idea why it's in a beginners forum. There is not one post that has any benefit to a beginner in RC Flight.

CGr
    Moderator.
    Skylark 70 - OS .75 AX; Excelleron 90 - OS 1.20 AX; Venus II - OS 1.20 AX; And, I still fly my trainer, Hanger 9 Alpha - OS .46 FX! Some electrics. Airtronics RD8000 - Spektrum DX7 - DX6i. AMA 705964.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: warbird addict

WOW I've never been so humbled by anybody's self importance in my entire life, I think I speak for the entire rest of the flying community when I say we should all bow and kiss your afterburner , You're awsome in your own mind and we should all take a lesson from you. ''over backwards in my chair LMFAO''
    OH Yeh Whistling turbine sounds in the background too LOL
    Absolutely priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

I don't think this has any more benefit in this forum so I am moving it to the Clubhouse forum. If you guys want to squabble over sandboxes and full scale Pitts, well, you can do it over there. In fact, I have no idea why it's in a beginners forum. There is not one post that has any benefit to a beginner in RC Flight.

CGr
    Moderator.
    I did not realize this thread had any benefit to the hobby at all...

Bob
    Fly It Like You Stole It!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is my one and only post here on this......What does it matter??????????? Long as you have fun!!!!!
    SIG Brotherhood #5
    Spitfire Brotherhood #28
    P-47 Brotherhood #77
    AMA # 919758

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

CGr
    Moderator.
    Classic,, pawn it off on Ken to deal with,,, LOL

After reading one page, I can tell you the thread doesn't benifit us experianced guys either
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sensei

I did not realize this thread had any benefit to the hobby at all...

Bob
    Cannot entertainment be a benefit to our glorious hobby? I do agree, maybe not the best for the beginner forum [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All I know is all I know,, I think,, could be wrong, probably not
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys got it all wrong- this thread is a clear window into the R/C airplane hobby. Anybody been to a flying field lately?? Bunch of old men arguing about nothing, somehow protective of and embarrassed by their toys at the same time. Except here it's worse, 'cause we got a bunch of internet tough-guys. Grumble grumble grumble! 50* out today; I'm gonna go fly a toy airplane... haw
    #26 Club Saito (2) FA-62's, FA-90TS, FA-120R3, FA-125a
    -Glowhead Brother #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: blhollo2

Am I the only one who has to correct their friends,family and coworkers on the hobby and go on light defense?

I don't because they are right, they are toys.

EDIT you can call your uncle a bicycle, that does not make him one ;-)
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rv7garage

You guys got it all wrong- this thread is a clear window into the R/C airplane hobby. Anybody been to a flying field lately?? Bunch of old men arguing about nothing, somehow protective of and embarrassed by their toys at the same time. Except here it's worse, 'cause we got a bunch of internet tough-guys. Grumble grumble grumble! 50* out today; I'm gonna go fly a toy airplane... haw
    Now this is very funny.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am one of those old men that likes to go to the flying field and argue.
    The planes we fly are not toys but they are getting closer every day.
    I build my aircraft from plans. Do you?
    dirty old men need love too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

I have but usually I scratch build my toys...

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rv7garage You guys got it all wrong- this thread is a clear window into the R/C airplane hobby. Anybody been to a flying field lately?? Bunch of old men arguing about nothing, somehow protective of and embarrassed by their toys at the same time. Except here it's worse, 'cause we got a bunch of internet tough-guys. Grumble grumble grumble! 50* out today; I'm gonna go fly a toy airplane... haw
    Dag nab it! I'm not grumpy! I'm not protective of the best dang trainer aircraft in the world, the Sterling Minnie Mambo! And I'm not embarrassed by it! Gotcha beat! It's 72 here!
    George Hostler
    Clovis MADS AMA Club, Vintage R/C Society (VRCS)
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I draw my own plans. and build from scratch. It still doesn't diminish the fact that I'm playing with a bunch of toys in the sand box. I don't see this hobby as some sort of "noble pursuit" that needs to be recognized with somber, dignified reverence and only the highest amount of respect. It's actually a pretty silly pass time when I stop to think about it....which is just fine.
    It's the truly "self important" types who can not come to grips with what many of us can see in it's proper perspective.
    The one guy who stands out amongst all of the "IT'S NOT A TOY" types that I've ever met and flown with was one of those guys with the official AMA jacket with 200 patches sewn on it commemorating all of his grande acheivements and what not. He always wore those "official" military issue pilots sunglasses..and really was quite the social misfit if any other subject besides model planes was ever being discussed.
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's funny-I know that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    \"IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY AIRPLANES -FLY BOLDLY AND REDUCE YOUR NUMBER\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think most every club has at least one of those guys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone should start one of the vote strings. I vote: toys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anybody who is offended by the use of the term toys for our planes (regardless if it is a scaled-out, $20,000.00 turbine, or a HK knock-off foamy), is wound WAAYY too tight and should think twice about why they are involved in this hobby (or is it a sport?) .

Regards,

Astrohog

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who cares what others think? I'm the one with the RC transmitter or U-control handle in my hands. Let's fly and who cares what anyone else thinks! [8D]
    George Hostler
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GG..if you saw any of my planes you would know that I couldn't possibly care what others think.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33674.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	1825095  
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

No, because I hate building them.. I love flying them...

I am also a full size Jet pilot, but I didn't build the corporate jet I fly either.

This is one of my pet hates in this hobby... and model railroaders are the same.. I love trains.. watching them run, but I have ZEROinterest in building small trees and building structures.

I understand and can respect that SOMEPeople love this side of the hobby, building andthe artistic side of construction, but just because you like it, does not mean every RC pilot has to also..

How many REAL Pilots build their own aircraft.... VERYFEW....

It does not lessen their skills a pilot nor detract from their enjoyment of actually flying (RC or full size)

If you enjoy building from plans that is super. I had to do it 30 years ago when there was no alternative but Ihatedit, but it was a necessary evil if I wanted an RC plane, and I am so happy I can nowbuy a plane ready to fly and spend all my time flying.. ..

Sorry.. I rant . no actual offense intended..

I didn't build my car either.. I just like driving it..
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: combatpigg GG..if you saw any of my planes you would know that I couldn't possibly care what others think.....
    That photo, real battle damage!
    Seriously, you really put in some good combat flight times to have that much engine exhaust damage the finish. I take it that your streamer was standing more often than not! [:-]
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160 How many REAL Pilots build their own aircraft.... VERYΒ*FEW....
    I build my own aircraft, because I enjoy it. It is the artisan in me. Does that mean one needs to build their own aircraft to enjoy the sport? No. There are building competitions, but they are not a requirement, just means that one who does not build doesn't participate in those. So, the main thing is that you are enjoying what you are doing.
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: GallopingGhostler

ORIGINAL: Rob2160 How many REAL Pilots build their own aircraft.... VERYΒ*FEW....
    I build my own aircraft, because I enjoy it. It is the artisan in me. Does that mean one needs to build their own aircraft to enjoy the sport? No. There are building competitions, but they are not a requirement, just means that one who does not build doesn't participate in those. So, the main thing is that you are enjoying what you are doing.
    Nothing like toy plane builders with their little toy glue bottles and little toy toolkits! I have not built one yet, maybe one of these days. I looked at kits and WOW was I surprised at the cost. They were priced way more than I ever expected.

Hottest thread on RCU - goes to show you what entertains us

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: GallopingGhostler

ORIGINAL: Rob2160 How many REAL Pilots build their own aircraft.... VERYFEW....
    I totally agree, and this hobby is different things to different people. I had a friend at school who LOVED to build, he even designed his own gliders from scratch and built them beautifully, they were true works of art and something to be admired. I was in absolute awe and respect of his talent, but at the end of the day.. I don't enjoy this part of the hobby, I admire those who can build a superb flying machine from scratch. Enjoy what makes you happy, but please don't discredit those in this hobby who can't build a work of art, and just want to enjoy flying..
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast