Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horizon Hobby Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 PM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon Hobby Service

I recently sent my old JR XP652 TX and a JRP J649 PCM Rx to Horizon Hobby for service. The it was about time to replace the memory battery in the TX. The Rx had been damaged in a high speed crash (my fault). It was found that the T-R gimbal in the Tx was broken, my guess this occurred in shipping. The gimbal is no longer available as a replacment part, but the Service Tech. found parts and was able to rebuild it. The memory battery was also replaced. The receiver was found to bve severly damaged, and is nso longer available, however the Tech again managed to locate one in the Sersvice Dept. The crystal was also ruined and had to be replaced also. On 12-124-12, I received my Tx and Rx back from Horizon Hobby, an invoice packed inside the box indicated that this was all done at NO CHARGE! The turn around time from the day I shipped to the date of receipt was ten days! Horizon has again shown it's commitment to Customer Service, which can possibly only be equalled, but not exceded. Thank you Horizon Hobby.
bhady
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Fly RC II
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobby Service

I have had similar results with both Horizon and Hobbico. Its nice to know we have support from the big guys once in a while no matter what the cause of damage/defect. Honesty is always the best way to go!

David
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Checklst

+2 on Horizon my TX 9303 went in twice....out of warranty,both times No charge!!!!!!!! they replaced the entire front case on one, and fixed a switch on the second time...............Sent My Airtronics XL 6 back for a left gimble fell into the case on a 12 year old radio NO charge!!!!!!!!so far I have never paid for a radio repair in my 30 years of this sport..........Both times I called the tech on the phone before shipping and talked to them with (respect) about their products. Honey really does get more flys than vinger.

I could add Tower,Servo City, Hangtime Hobby NoBS batts, Troy built, PEAK, CH Ignition,and Ralph Cunningham to this list of no trouble service for years.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 AM
outdoorhunting

There are STILL some good guys out there !!!!! We need to make sure we patronize them & let them know how much we appriciate their service. We might have to pay a little more up front, but the peace of mind that they WILL stand behind their product to me is worth it !!!! OR, buy from the "cut-rates" & get the "cut-rate" service !!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

These posts are right on. I too have had great service both from Horizon Hobby and Tower Hobby and others as well. And outdoorhunting is exactly right about letting them know how much we appreciate it but I'm not sure how to do that. I don't buy anything from the Chinese guys that I am not perfectly prepared to throw into the trash when it arrives and not sweat it. This comprises batteries mostly.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
amarin2437

Horizon Hobbies did not repair my AR 7000 properly and plane crashed. It was determined that the rx 7000 was at fault.  Horizon Hobbies response; SORRY.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:14 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unlike you-I recieved great service from Horizon Hobby, although it was not free, the repair was done correctly the first time and have had no issues with the repair or the turnaround time
Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: amarin2437

Horizon Hobbies did not repair my AR 7000 properly and plane crashed. It was determined that the rx 7000 was at fault. Horizon Hobbies response; SORRY.

Most companies do not cover collateral damage, but I've also heard some less than stellar service reports. The most important thing in customer service is 100% consistency, which comes even before 100% satisfaction. You have to have both, to really know what you will get. In your case, I've seen folks that contact the "right" person and have received new planes. It shouldn't be that way, as haggling is not the preferred method to customer service.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM
rexbirk

Horizon is the best! Have used them numerous times and have always been very happy!

They get a big pat on the back from me! I'm sure theirs is not the easiest business, as they have to handle a lot of small items all the time and I guess many items they get have nothing wrong with them, user error?