Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby Shops - Dayton OH

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Muffinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Shops - Dayton OH

I will be going to the AIr Force Museum next weekend, and would like to stop in a couple of Hobby Shops near there. Where are the larger ones? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Default RE: Hobby Shops - Dayton OH

The best airplane-oriented shop in the area is the RC Hobby Center, 2047 Harshman Road. It is only a few minutes West of the museum on Harshman and is located in a small store front mall called Harshman Center (I think). Phone 937-236-2455.

I fly mostly jets but buy all my hardware, glue, fuel, and finishing products from them. Small shop with a good inventory and knowledgeable, friendly people.

Plan on giving the museum most of the day. With the new cold war hangar open you can get good photos as the planes are no longer on top of each other. The Aviation Hall of Fame room is worth a couple of hours by itself!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Muffinman

Thanks for the info, RamFlyer. I first visited the AF Museum in 1969 when it was in a barnlike bldg. I go when I can. I haven't been there in a while. I'll take you up on the trip to the RC Hobby Center.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Definetely RC Hobby Center is the place to go.

I love the new cold war hangar. Got to go there after hours with the DOGS show. Well worth it!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:31 AM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

UPDATE!

In my original reply I said that RC Hobby Center was in Harshman Center. It is actually in Harshman Station--I was close!

Also forgot to tell you to drop by Radical RC. They now have a walk in shop right across from the AF Museum. Coming out of the Museum, turn left onto Springfield. At the "PIZZA" building turn right and then an immediate left onto Huberville Ave. Radical shares a building with the American Federation of Government Employees less than a block down on the right at the corner of Huberville and Pheasant.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Muffinman

Thanks RF & Silvanskii, I only spent $111.00 in the Hobby shop, but Radicalrc was closed, so I couldn't see what they have. I'll need to go back up to WPAFB soon and get a new sticker for my car, had to have my windshield replaced, still got me sticker, but it's not on the glass now. I'll try them again.