Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What Does George Know?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Does George Know?

[link=http://www.whatgeorgeknows.com]WhatGeorgeKnows.com[/link]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18947.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1846229  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 AM
STUKA BARRY

Default RE: What Does George Know?

George does'nt know much, he's just Curious.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The java "loot" link doesn't work correctly in Chrome
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Does he know why some people get to spam this site freely and some don't?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Maybe they own or work for the site.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM
mkranitz
Banned

Spam?? Did you watch the video? The RC FlightDeck service HELPS event promotors, HELPS pilots and is FREE to everyone. I'm not sure why something that benefits the hobby is classified as spam. It's no more spam than someone who posts an event.

I would be open to a suggestion as to how I can let people know about RC FlightDeck and how I can let them know we are giving away money and aircraft to clubs.

BTW, I programmed everything but the forum on RCU back when Marc and I owned it....

Michael
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
scale only 4 me

I know who you are and what your products are, I also see the redirect link to Hobby Lobby, then you go to flightdeck and there's a link to the product you're trying to sell.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
mkranitz
Banned

I know who you are and what your products are, I also see the redirect link to Hobby Lobby, then you go to flightdeck and there's a link to the product you're trying to sell.
You clearly DO NOT understand. We are not SELLING anything. Had you watched the video and clicked the link that appears when the movie is finished, you'd see we are GIVING AWAY that airplane that Hobby Lobby DONATED to help clubs.

There are no "redirects" - there's nothing to be sold. Only a valuable service we are GIVING AWAY to clubs and pilots. I don't mind criticism, but at least do your research and understand what you are saying. Have you used the system? Have you read the features on the site? Seriously, I'm stunned that anybody could criticize the nature of our efforts. If you don't like the system and you have a beef with it's functions, that's one thing; just articulate that; but your inaccurate portrayal of our efforts as COMMERCIAL or SPAM are way off the mark.

No good deed goes unpunished, does it?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
scale only 4 me

When I clicked on the picture od the b17 it took me right to the hobby lobby site,, Capitalize all you want.
Sure looks like you're selling hobby lobby b17s to me.

I have no criticism of your products, just the way you slyly try to market them here taking advantage of your former relationship to this site. You get a free pass that no one else would. I guess that's what bugs me the most.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
mkranitz
Banned

When I clicked on the picture od the b17 it took me right to the hobby lobby site,, Capitalize all you want.
Sure looks like you're selling hobby lobby b17s to me.

I have no criticism of your products, just the way you slyly try to market them here taking advantage of your former relationship to this site. You get a free pass that no one else would. I guess that's what bugs me the most.
1. I'm not being sly or taking advantage of my former ownership of RCU. They are free to take the post down

2. I link to the product so guys know what the prize is worth, etc. It's also the most appropriate way to reciprocate to Hobby Lobby for giving this plane away.

3. The headline above the plane says "sponsors and prizes" which would suggest to most that we are clearly not selling the plane.

The massive video and headline atop the page have nothing to do with selling anything. We are going to add more prizes and sponsors. How would you suggest we properly reciprocate them and let clubs know what they can win?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

but your inaccurate portrayal of our efforts as COMMERCIAL or SPAM are way off the mark.
not commercial, as in "no plan to monetize the app"?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

but your inaccurate portrayal of our efforts as COMMERCIAL or SPAM are way off the mark.
not commercial, as in ''no plan to monetize the app''?
We will try to support it with ads but I'm about $140,000 into it so if you measure based on NET...
The larger question is why anyone would object to my promoting the service inasmuch as it benefits everyone in the hobby. This is not a propeller or glue. It's an entire platform aimed at standardizing the way we find and register for events; it's a way for event promoters to have an easier time administering and promoting their events.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr Kranitz,
  I have used your site to see events  that I can enjoy during my trips to other states. Love what your doing. Keep it up.

Thank's!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"No good deed will go unpunished!"

anonymous
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I watched the video , and didn't feel I was being "sold" anything , just being offered free use of an interesting bit of hobby software . Now , to be sure , I have no clue of the future plans for this service , as in , if it really "Takes Off" (pun intended) will it then become a fee based service ? As it sits right now I just can't see calling it Spam when nothings being sold . Further , If hobby Lobby donated that plane for free for a promotional event to launch the software , well of course they deserve the mention they receive . A kind gesture such as a free plane for raffle darned right well should earn the company a mention , and I don't see that as spam at all .

[8D] Great idea for the software .

Now ,

For one old RCer's grouchy opinion ;

George looks like a nerd , and could use a bit of a more , "contemporary" , look .
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
mkranitz
Banned

init4Fun,

Thanks for your feedback. George is a bit lost on the computer and he's one of the many who think a pdf flyer posted on a website is "going digital!" - our cartoonist interpreted him this way...who am I to argue?

MK
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Mike ,

I do believe your idea is a winner because of the usual PIA it is for most folks to organize these events . Anything that makes it easier for the guys who give of their time to run these events surely should be embraced . While I like the entire concept , I'm not too sure how may guys will want to have themselves seen akin to "George" . When your trying to captivate someone's attention you need to make it as easy as possible for that guy to picture himself in the position of the advertiser's spokesperson . When I close my eyes and think of myself , although I don't exactly see Stallone (although were both in the same age group) , I surely don't see George ! And I'm damned well sure no one else will willingly embrace George either . Did you see the "Glue Nerds" ads I was seeing a while ago ? who would ever want to be associated with the likes of that ?!?

In order to sell a pig a ham sandwich , ya gotta convince the pig that all the other cool lil piggies are eatin the exact same thing . And then it's free bacon for all
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM
mkranitz
Banned

I get it, but it costs so much to make these things, I think we are cemented it at this point! Besides, I think most people can see past George and look at the video for what it is; a simple explanation of a service that can help them (at least I hope they can)!

Regardless, I appreciate your take on things and if I can help you with the system, just let me know.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Live Wire

331 hits, worth a little just getting people to veiw the site.
Yes I did look over HL site while I was there
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have one event on it right now, shortly the rest of this years events will be on it. We have noticed a decline in attendance over the last few years on some events while others, elec, heli, and 3d have held their own but are definitely not at the levels we've seen in the past. I for one like it.
Edwin
Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Love to hear that Edwin! If you use the pilot registration system, send me your address and we'll get some RC Pilot t-shirts out to you to give away! Send to [email protected]
Old 02-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not the cd, but I'll let the guys know. Maybe they'll still want them sent to me. We'll be in touch. This comes at a time when the executive committee decided to form an event promoting committee. We'll take anyway we can to get the word out.
Edwin
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM
eddieC

I enjoyed the animated hand drawing the ad. Entertaining, quick-paced, well done! Will let our prez know for our fun fly and swap events this summer. Kudos!