Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Luv them or hate them, you gota like the Hobby King Harmel Shake video.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Luv them or hate them, you gota like the Hobby King Harmel Shake video.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Luv them or hate them, you gota like the Hobby King Harmel Shake video.

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: rpenfuyf

Just another reason to avoid Hobby King.
Seriously? What is your reasoning behind that?

I was actually impressed to see they have so many staff, More than any Local Hobbyshop I have visited and I was also very pleased that they have good team spirit and a group sense of humour..

If anything this video just gave me confidence that Hobbyking is a growing and genuine entity.

Not discrediting your opinion that you are completely entitled to, but honestly I would love to hear your reasoning for ''avoiding Hobbyking'' based on that video..

I WISH some of the people in local hobby shops I have visited, both in Australia and the USA had this sense of fun and humour..

just my 2cents worth..

And what is really amazing is that with all that staff they still can't provide a Farthings worth of customer service. Maybe that's why the video is offensive. If they actually did something in the way of real customer service them I suppose I might feel differently about it but it looks like all they do is goof off. don't believe it try to call them on the phone..... Even if you get them on their live chat ask a technical question about any product and see how much help you get from them.

My LHS only has about 7 employees but any of them can answer questions and give advice about every single product they sell. Can Hobby King do the same?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Luv them or hate them, you gota like the Hobby King Harmel Shake video.

ORIGINAL: AnthonyW

Whats the guy on the floor doing to that fuse?

lol I was wondering the same thing!!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

i WAS an HK customer until I received goods that were faulty. NO, NOTHING, ZERO customer support and I was screwed out of $80 bucks. BLABLABLA is all I here in the video. they move cheap products at volume pricing and yes, some work some dont. Its a risk I dont take anymore. Your just fortunate to have not gottan screwed by them yet. AND... of course a LHS is gonna bad mouth HK products, their the frigging competition! With over 25 years of flying, Lets not forget how many times Ive heard an uninformed NEWB complain about a cheap RTF aircraft they purchased that fell apart or quit working minutes after opening the box. We see threads on these sites ALL the time about products being faulty out of the box. Bad servos, radios, batteries, esc's, missing kit parts, . ect..ect..ec.t.

I noticed your flying a quality 11x, whats up ... dont wanna press your luck? lol

the original post was funny imo :-)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I noticed your flying aquality11x, whats up ... dont wanna press your luck? lol
Sezhe got it because it resembles a robot on a 3rd-rate TV show. Lol is right.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to have a great sense of humor to see the symbolism here ! A company with "Customer NO-Service" puts up a video of their call center screwing off. Now that is funny , I don't care who you are.
Look for a video like this from a reputable company like Horizon , Tower, etc...especially if they have had a track record like HK has for customer service. Their president or ceo wouldn't stand for it. Chances are the president /ceo of HK is working the camera here !
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

i WAS an HK customer until I received goods that were faulty. NO, NOTHING, ZERO customer support and I was screwed out of $80 bucks. BLABLABLA is all I here in the video. they move cheap products at volume pricing and yes, some work some dont. Its a risk I dont take anymore. Your just fortunate to have not gottan screwed by them yet. AND... of course a LHS is gonna bad mouth HK products, their the frigging competition! With over 25 years of flying, Lets not forget how many times Ive heard an uninformed NEWB complain about a cheap RTF aircraft they purchased that fell apart or quit working minutes after opening the box. We see threads on these sites ALL the time about products being faulty out of the box. Bad servos, radios, batteries, esc's, missing kit parts, . ect..ect..ec.t.

I noticed your flying a quality 11x, whats up ... dont wanna press your luck? lol

the original post was funny imo :-)

No doubt about it Hobby King is the slot machine of hobby vendors.