Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

Our club president had a similar situation with a plane he paid for and hadn't gotten and this was over a month out ... he went to the AMA and looked at all the clubs in the guys aera called the contact number and sure enough some buddy knew him ... long story got hold of the guys club president and he made sure that the plane got sent.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 AM
traxxasadict3.3
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isnt that the truth
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 AM
traxxasadict3.3

If your going to post on a forum you should be prepared to get both sides of the problem.I feel bad for anyone getting ripped of by the buyer or seller but I hold opinion unless I hear both sides.Ive been ripped by plenty of sellers and buyers.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 AM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

Think it is fair to mention, that nobody yet knows WHAT is inside the package that is currently floating around in limbo. Sure the pacakge is coming back, is the product smashed up, or even a different product/engine all together? Lets be honest here, the only TROLLs are the guys giving Gasser garbage! Any grown person would have known how to handle the return of this product. Or, at the very least answered the calls,emails, and other communications attempted by the seller. One basic rule, when someone avoids you like the plague when your asking questions, they are likely aware they are effed up! Leave the guy alone, who are you to challange his business, his net worth in retail, or his business. I say take it too them Gasser, good to know there are still guys running business the way it was intended. I think you are 100% in the right, no matter if it is 1,000.00 or .01! Stealing from you is stealing from you,your hard work, your family, and their livelyhood! He stated he started from nothing to take care of his family, legal action only from Gasser is a blessing when considering any real, GROWN MAN is furious when someone takes/steals from his family and hard work! Good luck!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 AM
traxxasadict3.3

Without both sides there cant be a judgement,this thread is sounding like the liberal media. from the info so far that guy is well im not going there ill just call him shady.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: Propworn

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Propworn, the buyer did everything wrong. I bet you'd feel less forgiving if it was your money on the line.
No doubt the buyer appears to have screwed up it happens every day not just to Gassy he needs to get over himself. The motor is on its way back he’s not out the money for the motor so calling the guy a thief is wrong the buyer returned it via the same carrier. They can fight over who owes the shipping that’s something else. You’ve obviously made up your mind without hearing the other side which is kind of presumptuous on your part. If you have ever been in a position to be an arbitrator you listen to both sides before making a decision. In every case each side always tells the saga casting themselves in the best light. That is why it’s said there are two opposing sides with the truth lying somewhere in between.

As to it being my money on the line it’s never going to happen I explained that in an earlier post I accept postal money orders only, when I receive payment I ship the item. If there is reason to return the item we will work out the details then a refund or replacement is issued only when the returned item is received. Kind of simple I control all the apples. I have had a few object to my policy but then I explain politely they have the option of purchasing from whom ever they wish no hard feelings at all on my part.

I have a small machine shop in my garage and do small prototype work as well as custom and small production runs. Once I quote a job the customer pays a 50% up front, non refundable deposit with the balance in full when the job is finished payable before it leaves the shop. I spend time with the customer going over the print when he and I are satisfied the customer signs the print. The cost of his mistakes is his responsibility and my mistakes are mine.

This simple system has worked for me for quite a few years. The only complaint I have ever heard was “I never pay for stuff ahead of time” Those few have chosen to take their business else ware.

Dennis
What is the name of your company?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

It’s called Bits and Pieces and I do custom machining. I do not do retail in that I do not solicit the general public as in a retail outlet. I provide a service not a specific product. For the RC group I have replicated pistons, conrods etc. for old engines where parts are no longer available. Where the customer is willing to pay for the time and effort to replicate a part he can no longer find. Proto type work where the inventor/designer wishes specific machine work done where the person doing the machining does not try and steal his idea. Where the machinist can sit with that person and work to solve issues with the original concept. Hot rod and custom bike folk who want something unique no one else is going to have on their machine. If I build it for you specifically I will not produce an identical one for any one else.

Last night in fact I helicoiled two heads for a guy while he waited.

I do make polished aluminum caps for fuel bottles and one for a gas container that replaces the storage plug. These have Viton o-rings for sealing that are impervious to oil, gas, nitro and alcohol. Each unit comes with a spare o-ring. The caps themselves have 3 commercially available 10/32 straight to barbed fittings from Pheumadyne. I sell these at swap meets I attend and through word of mouth.

I have an electric starter tray for the Sullivan Dynatron that allows one to use a 3 to 6s lipo for power. The tray holds a couple of glo drivers as well and a power tap of 12 volts to power your electric fuel pump.

Any thing else about my small company you wish to know?

Dennis
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: CastorTroy2150

Think it is fair to mention, that nobody yet knows WHAT is inside the package that is currently floating around in limbo. Sure the pacakge is coming back, is the product smashed up, or even a different product/engine all together? Lets be honest here, the only TROLLs are the guys giving Gasser garbage! Any grown person would have known how to handle the return of this product. Or, at the very least answered the calls,emails, and other communications attempted by the seller. One basic rule, when someone avoids you like the plague when your asking questions, they are likely aware they are effed up! Leave the guy alone, who are you to challange his business, his net worth in retail, or his business. I say take it too them Gasser, good to know there are still guys running business the way it was intended. I think you are 100% in the right, no matter if it is 1,000.00 or .01! Stealing from you is stealing from you,your hard work, your family, and their livelyhood! He stated he started from nothing to take care of his family, legal action only from Gasser is a blessing when considering any real, GROWN MAN is furious when someone takes/steals from his family and hard work! Good luck!
Giving Gassy grief because he may have been taken advantage of I don't think so just trying to understand how he plays the good guy card when he accuses the guy of being a thief without proof. It will be interesting like others have said to hear what he has to say when he receives the package. Will he man up and let everyone know if he was wrong and the engine was returned in the same condition it was sent. I am certain he would post if it was not.

Dennis
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I've had to dump selling on ebay. 1/2 of the stuff you sell will be charged back. E-bay dropped the ball protecting the sellers and protecting the buyer. I wonder if they ever thought about who is paying the bills at E-bay. You can't leave neg feedback to a no pay buyer. Ive had zero problems selling on RCU.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM
jigawatt

Read through this thread and thought of this:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/how-to-avoid...5695639/g.html

Doesn't sound like it will help much, but it is an effort to help you.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

yeah,,,post his name an address you sent it to, so none of us will get burned!! guys like this, I just hope he choke's on a hotdog!!..*******
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: traxxasadict3.3

Without both sides there cant be a judgement,this thread is sounding like the liberal media. from the info so far that guy is well im not going there ill just call him shady.
Why would I not be honest? What would I possibly have to gain by fabricating the story?

The DLE 35R that was shipped to the customer on March 28 and delivered and SIGNED for on April 1 as of today is STILL NOT BEEN RETURNED TO US. On the 15th of April the chargeback was paid to the customer. The customer wanted to return it, we agreed and gave them the return address. They did NOT properly ship the package back, causing this huge mess with the package AGAIN being shown back in New Jersey. This is the SIXTH time the package has been between NJ & FL. It has been intransit for over 30 days now.

If me busting my ass to make a living and getting hosed out of $350 with PP admitting that the type of chargeback they filed (A merchandise chargeback, meaning the item was not as described or damaged, yet I have the docs to prove they claim to have never even opened the box!) is shady... well then I guess it's shady.

All we did, like we always do... is bust our asses to ship faster than most, get the product in my customers hands and make them happy. This idiot dodged paying for return shipping, they marked the package refused, they paid no insurance, the filed a chargeback and were paid on that chargeback AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY PRODUCT BACK....

What other side is there... Those are the facts and to be very honest, NOTHING else matters. I am out a DLE35R from my inventory and I have been debited on a chargeback by a dirtbag who has not returned my item.

Who is shady...?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: dmoody19

Hi Eddie,

You cannot fault the buyer for not sending back something until the box gets there and the engine is missing.... IF the engine is missing... Iwonder have you ever been confronted by an alpha type guy that was just too intense? Did you just stand toe to toe or did you maybe try to avoid having issues with him? The second way is the way it should be done. It doesn't make you a thief, it makes you in some cases not beat up, not shot or not having to go to the dentinst because the alpha jumped to conclusions. I think both sides have issues. I think also that if we heard the other side of the story it very well may not be what ws portrayed here. Maybe it is just as gasser claims but we all know things get blown out of proportion sometimes....
Just sayin

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Eddie read the ops first post hes the one states its somewhere in transit.
Read it, understood it. The buyer wasn't answering communications, shipped without an agreement to do so, without tracking, insurance or signature of delivery protections. Have I missed anything?
I had a seller try to sell me something 'not as described', when I called him on it he tried to open a case against me. PP said to return it, I did at my expense with tracking & insurance. He tried to say it never got there (sorry, got your sig!) and tried to charge me with not shipping it. Odd thing was, he advertised the item within 2 days of getting it back. I sent the link to PP, he wriggled out somehow without being banned.
It would appear the 'mistakes' the buyer made could be to muddy the waters while the 'engine' (which, oddly, may resemble loose rocks) gets shuffled here and there. Innocent mistakes? Really, are you and the buyer that naive?
Blown out of proportion? For what benefit?

Here, is this USPS tracking blown out of proportion? This was refused by the customer 7 dropped thru a parcel chute onApril 4th, after receiving it on April 1st.
How many packages have you seen in transit for 30+ days ???

Depart USPS Sort Facility May 6, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility May 6, 2013, 3:10 pm JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 25, 2013 TAMPA, FL 33605
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 25, 2013, 1:13 am TAMPA, FL 33605
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2013, 9:07 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Refused April 18, 2013, 10:44 am CLIFTON, NJ 07013
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 17, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 17, 2013, 3:27 pm JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 16, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 15, 2013, 7:28 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 11, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 10, 2013, 2:08 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 8, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 8, 2013, 6:34 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 6, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 5, 2013, 2:22 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 4, 2013, 1:25 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Delivered April 1, 2013, 2:14 pm CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Out for Delivery April 1, 2013, 8:58 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Sorting Complete April 1, 2013, 8:48 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Arrival at Post Office April 1, 2013, 6:19 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Depart USPS Sort Facility March 31, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility March 31, 2013, 3:29 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility March 30, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility March 29, 2013, 5:25 am JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Dispatched to Sort Facility March 28, 2013, 6:05 pm SPRING HILL, FL 34609
Acceptance March 28, 2013, 4:36 pm SPRING HILL, FL 34609

Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Well your engine is in the mail so to speak. You’re not out $350 so your way out of line calling anyone a thief. Your tale of woe just does not add up by your own words. It would really be interesting to hear the other side after all he called you to return the item, he mailed it and you have a return tracking granted a little late. You may be out the shipping costs both ways. If your demeanor was anything like what we have heard from you on the forum you may have brought that on yourself. It seems pretty obvious the both of you could not agree on the method of return.
This does not make him a thief and your way out of line insinuating such.
How exactly am I NOT out $350? LOL! I have No engine and NO payment!!! That's OUT $350 in my book bud.
And how many assumptions can you continually make?

Return tracking a little late? There is no return tracking, this thing is still riding around on the tracking it left here with.
Both of us agree on a return method? What clown drops a $350 box in a 24 hour parcel chute with no proof of it being shipped, no insurance, no receipt? I'll tell you... the cheapskate kind trying to avoid paying to return the package and thinking/hoping if anything happens it's on the seller. This isn't my first encounter with this and it's ALWAYS the same M.O.

I am out of line? Onapril 18th the package was presented to the buyer. They refused it AGAIN! And guess what king of all assumptions... their chargeback was paid on the 15th. Any honoroable person would have called or emailed us. I'd have gladly sent a call tag for it. But to refuse it AGAIN and drop it in the mail AGAIN AFTER being told how important it is to return it properly... You call it what you want, but they have their money and I don't have any engine back. That is stealing bud. You may come from some part of the country where being a scumbag theif is okay, but where I come from if you have received my product and you filed a chargeback knowing FULLWELLthe product was NOT returned to the seller....that's stealing bub!

And let's be VERY honest, ignorance is no excuse. Not my problem they didn't know this or that. But I'll tell you what they did know, they knew how to duck USPS and not pay to ship it back and they knew how to call their credit card company (NO MATTER WHAT MY DEMEANOR WAS/IS) and file a chargeback knowing that we did NOT get our product back!

And get some thicker skin dude... when you have my money and you have NOT returned my item, you're a dirtbag theif and that's that. Just like I am responsible to get that product to that customer, they are eqiually responsible to get it back if they decide to return it. They did not, they realized their mistake after we explained to them the liability they created by doing what they did and they raced to theoir credit card company and filed a charge back, a merchandise (not as described or damaged) chargeback. How interesting that they claim they NEVER opened the box but filed the HARDEST charge back there is to fight...

You can reply all you want bub... Iam done with this nonsense. You are one of those sympathetic liberals who has some thin skin. Especially when you elude to teh fact that if someone gets loud or tells it like it is, then in your book it sounds as if it's okay to steal. Hurt-Feel-Enoma... The pussification of America.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Propworn

If you get your stuff back I wonder if you’re going to be man enough to post it and admit you were wrong about calling him a thief. You do agree if the engine comes back in the same shape as it left you no longer will be out the $350 correct? Doesn't take much intestinal fortitude to talk behind someone’s back. Your so called facts are just your tale of the tape. Identify the so called thief it would be interesting to hear his version. Of course you won’t do that you might get your butt sued off. So we have a mysterious thief that you cannot convince the CC Company or those in authority to go after. Makes one go HMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! If the charge back was paid out the CC concluded after an investigation your version was the least convincing.

I’ve ordered from a company had my CC charged the same day never received the items for six weeks didn’t make them thieves just poor customer relations a business error on their part as I never ordered from them again.

The more I listen to you rant and insult and try and demean anyone who might disagree with you I begin to think you may have brought some of this grief on yourself. My sympathy for you has dried up. Like others I’ll wait to see what you get in the return package before I pass judgment

Dennis
Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

The only person who wants to avoid buying from me because I take getting ripped off personally... is the next guy who wants to rip me off, because he knows I won't give in easily to being stolen from.
Tell ya what Greg, if you want to get to know me, don't ask around if anyone knows me, ask me directly bud. Don't make silly accusations or try and Psychoanalyze me.

I am NOT hard to get ahold of. [email protected]

You couldn't be more wrong.

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

Blown out of proportion? For what benefit?

Here, is this USPS tracking blown out of proportion? This was refused by the customer 7 dropped thru a parcel chute onApril 4th, after receiving it on April 1st.
How many packages have you seen in transit for 30+ days ???

Depart USPS Sort Facility May 6, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility May 6, 2013, 3:10 pm JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 25, 2013 TAMPA, FL 33605
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 25, 2013, 1:13 am TAMPA, FL 33605
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2013, 9:07 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Refused April 18, 2013, 10:44 am CLIFTON, NJ 07013
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 17, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 17, 2013, 3:27 pm JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 16, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 15, 2013, 7:28 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 11, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 10, 2013, 2:08 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 8, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 8, 2013, 6:34 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility April 6, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 5, 2013, 2:22 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 4, 2013, 1:25 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Delivered April 1, 2013, 2:14 pm CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Out for Delivery April 1, 2013, 8:58 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Sorting Complete April 1, 2013, 8:48 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Arrival at Post Office April 1, 2013, 6:19 am CLIFTON, NJ 07011
Depart USPS Sort Facility March 31, 2013 JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Processed through USPS Sort Facility March 31, 2013, 3:29 am JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility March 30, 2013 JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility March 29, 2013, 5:25 am JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Dispatched to Sort Facility March 28, 2013, 6:05 pm SPRING HILL, FL 34609
Acceptance March 28, 2013, 4:36 pm SPRING HILL, FL 34609

I should wait until you post
the results of whats in the package(as Iknow you'll man up, being either right or wrong in your ASSumption)once it does return to you. But by posting all that tracking information leads me to believe the buyer does not in fact have your product therefore can not be considered a thief. Your ASSumption in and of itself leads to why Iresponded the way Ididto your other statement above.

Don't even try calling me any names either you big bad internet keyboard bully you, my skins to thin.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 AM
traxxasadict3.3

There you go again getting defensive buddy,I was referring to the buyer that you sold the item too.I was not calling you shady.I was calling him and how he has handled shipping the item back.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello? Mods? Time to close this thing down. I've seen goodthreads get closed down for far less seriousreasons. What purpose could this thread possibly serve but to continue to promote accusations and hostility. The postal service should have solved this issue a long time ago, no wonder they are are close to going out of business.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello? Mods? Time to close this thing down. I've seen goodthreads get closed down for far less seriousreasons. What purpose could this thread possibly serve but to continue to promote accusations and hostility. The postal service should have solved this issue a long time ago, no wonder they are are close to going out of business.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:24 AM
traxxasadict3.3

Well said.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 AM
radcon56

You got screwed, Bud.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Propworn

Sure enough the buyer looks like he left negative feedback on Ebay

WORST SELLER EVER, AGGRESSIVE, RACIST, IRRATIONAL.FILED A POLICE REPORT AGAINST. Buyer: Member id v99bd ( Feedback Score Of 83) May-02-13 21:49
â–*Reply by xtreme_enterprises (May-03-13 03:25):
Buyer Filed Charge Back INTENTIONALLY Without Returning $350 Item, Scam Artist.

DLE Engines DLE-35RA 35cc Rear Exhaust Model Engine Ignition W/ Muffler (#190815943616) US $349.95 View Item DLE Engines DLE-35RA 35cc Rear Exhaust Model Engine Ignition W/ Muffler

Just a small look into what the other side claims. Could this be why Ebay and the CC company sided with the buyer???

Dennis
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Propworn

You can do a ton of business and get many good reviews. No mater how careful you are you cannot please everyone so you will get some bad reviews. Anyone can handle the good transactions where everything works out but the telling for me is how the problems are handled. I look at the bad ones to see and judge the demeanor of the seller in the way he responds or tries to satisfy the customer.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&mPg=2&page=1

Dennis
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Propworn

Now take a look at the buyers feedback notice the third one.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true

The follow up submitted by Xtreme has been removed by Ebay HMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Oregon Craig

Good find, Propworn. I mean, we all knew WHO it was, I just didn't think to check the feedback stuff after I figured it was him.

Why would anyone buy a DLE from ebay when they are available at a reputable outfit like Tower?

Oh well, not my problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.