Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New scam or Ebay screwup?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New scam or Ebay screwup?

I ordered a battery on ebay and after waiting several days past the due date looked on ebay and noticed they had it posted as delivered. I opened a case with them and the seller contacted me and said he had sent it to the address listed on the invoice. I checked my ebay particulars and to my surprise found out my ship to address had been altered to Jose Carlos
BOSTON, MA 02128-1116 US. Needless to say this is not me and I live on the opposite side of the country from this person. They researched their files and said there was no indication of suspicious activity. I said, isn't the fact that someone changed my deliver to address suspicious enough? They said they would refund me but it has been 3 days and nothing has happened. I went to my ebay and the case looks closed. Either I got scammed or ebay screwed the pooch in a most royal manner! Word to the wise, check all your info before sending or buying anything and change your passwords frequently.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: New scam or Ebay screwup?

Ebay is good at screwing people, they got me for $350 in listing fees 6 years ago when they pulled two of my adds with no warning, explanation or refund.

The only thing i use them for now is purchasing what i cant find elsewhere.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New scam or Ebay screwup?

I don't have a problem usung the Internet as long it is a known business. I buy most of my hobby stuff from Internet sites since the only full service hobby shop left in Tulsa is Hobbytown. e bay is another case altogether....I have never used it and never will. I know there are legitimate sellers on it, but I am not going to spend the time figuring out who they are.