Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Only 5 orders,,
10-20 day shipping times

Everything works, except the motors and ESCs I dunked on my float plane,, curse you HK for selling me electronics that weren't 100%waterproof [:@] O wait,, no one sells that,, never mind
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wildman62

I have a spektrum AR8000 receiver and a Spektrun DX7s, the ESC is tied the orange 6 channel receiver, it seems to be working the only thing it does is the ESC take a while to bind up with the receiver.
Why are you trying so hard to hijack this thread? It is about HK support, not your ESC binding issue.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: wheelan

+1 ROB we have over 140 purchases from hobbyking, 4 warranty problems, all resolved,, i beleive hobbyking only purchase from manufactures and will not deal with middle men, that is why the prices are cheap, it is the middle men and agents that cost us.
Thanks yes I totally agree.. I love their prices.. I actually bought a 450 Heli kit from them for $10 and it has been flawless for 3 years and over 1000 flights.. Fitted it with HK servois / gyro etc and it was in the air for under $100 total cost..

Just awesome.. www.youtube.com/watch

Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i did that>> i sent a gas engine back for repairs it froze up on me after the first flight>>> took 125 emails>> talked to them 3 times>> and then they only gave me credit for the engine>> and then i had to pay 38.00 for it to be shipped back to me>> does all this sound good to you>>there are more who dont like hobby king then there are who like them>>> you got lucky>>
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i did that>> i sent a gas engine back for repairs it froze up on me after the first flight>>> took 125 emails>> talked to them 3 times>> and then they only gave me credit for the engine>> and then i had to pay 38.00 for it to be shipped back to me>> does all this sound good to you>>there are more who dont like hobby king then there are who like them>>> you got lucky>>
Sorry you had this bad experience.. if I had a bad experience with HK I would be the first one here warning others.. trust me..

But, yes I did get lucky with Hobbyking.. 500 times..

and a thousand videos to prove it.... Both planes are from HK, batteries from HK, and receivers are the Orange Futaba and Spektrum clones.. also from HK... everything works 100% flawlessly. the P51 - $150.. the Stinger $80... how can you go wrong??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nWQVlry9xg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruiuZahglQk[/youtube]

Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: keyman

RC861116707HK

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
June 23, 2013, 9:00 pm
DULLES, VA 20101
Registered Mailâ„¢

Depart USPS Sort Facility
June 23, 2013, 10:11 am
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 23, 2013
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 9:54 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 5:08 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed Through Sort Facility
June 18, 2013, 8:57 am
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance
June 14, 2013, 3:48 pm
HONG KONG

Looks like it should be there soon. It would be nice if they got small orders out quicker. I'm surprised it was sent HK post and not Singapore post, SP is slower and usually takes 2 weeks to get to me.

My last order $88 sent HK post
Thankyou for your order at hobbyking.comTuesday, May 7, 2013 2:30 AM
Your items for order:have been packed and will soon be shippedWednesday, May 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Delivered
May 17, 2013, 11:10 am

Registered Mailâ„¢

Arrival at Unit
May 17, 2013, 6:26 am

May 15, 2013
KEARNY, NJ 07032

May 15, 2013, 10:27 am
KEARNY, NJ 07032

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility
May 12, 2013, 1:54 pm
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

Acceptance
May 9, 2013, 4:52 pm
HONG KONG

I have had orders get here in a week especially if their shipped EMS.

I'm guessing some of you have modeler friends with huge budgets and that must be nice, but here I have friends that are in their 50's strapped with mortgage/college funds/etc. and young modelers whose parents don't have alot of funds that I like to help out.

If you've ever unboxed a radio in for repair that is a low end unit from someone from another country it makes you more understanding for those on a budget.

I wish we would not insult each other on here, Its mean,,I do not believe anyone is a $100 shill here, it just seems like it would be a waste of money, I don't think they would spend the money, why would they? easier to just put the money into advertising to reach 100,000 then 50?
yes, those postal times seem pretty normal for standard postage.. I honestly have no idea about any $100 club. this thread is the first time I have heard of it... but it sounds like an urban myth created by the HK haters.

Besides, I wouldn't post anything dishonest even for $20,000... As Arnie said in ''The Last Stand'' - ''My integrity is not for sale...''

Yeah well those postal times don't include the seven days that Hobby King had it before they shipped it. The postal time is also such that there is no way the shills get their stuff delivered in less than ten days from the time they order it. That is simply nonsens.

And as for hundred buck club, you did an awful lot of defending when a simple (single) rebuttal would have sufficed, I'm remined of my Shakespear and something about protesting too much. But with Headsup Rc and and a dozen other reputable dealers with low low prices I can't imagine whay you would buy anything from those pirates at HK, especially since it takes forever to get here.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Only 5 orders,,
10-20 day shipping times

Everything works, except the motors and ESCs I dunked on my float plane,, curse you HK for selling me electronics that weren't 100%waterproof [:@] O wait,, no one sells that,, never mind
Let me let you in on a little secret. Spray the motors with WD-40 and dunk the ESC in alchohol and then set it in the sun for a day. I have dumped my Dynam PBY several times and it still works fine. There is nothing in a brushless motor that is is permanently affected by water since there are no commutators in it. Just get the water out of the bearings with WD-40 and they are just fine. You can put a drop of 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil on the bearings if you wish.

P.S. HK still stinks.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM
byrne1157

I have spent over $1,500.00 with HK since I started 3 years ago. Only had 1 problem, I ordered a Turnigy wattmeter from them. Sent message with request for RMA to return it to the U.S. warehouse. When I got the RMA e-mail, it had the U.S. warehouse address on it. I bought my Turnigy 9x Radio, and 11 rx's from them. Lots of esc's, motors. servos, batteries, and other parts and things for the hobby. No problems with products other than the wattmeter. Shipping time from HongKong=2 weeks. Lipos from HongKong, 3-4 weeks(surface ship only). Ship time from U.S. Warehouse=1 week.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: topspin

Yeah well those postal times don't include the seven days that Hobby King had it before they shipped it. The postal time is also such that there is no way the shills get their stuff delivered in less than ten days from the time they order it. That is simply nonsens.

And as for hundred buck club, you did an awful lot of defending when a simple (single) rebuttal would have sufficed, I'm remined of my Shakespear and something about protesting too much. But with Headsup Rc and and a dozen other reputable dealers with low low prices I can't imagine whay you would buy anything from those pirates at HK, especially since it takes forever to get here.
No apology at all.. just rationalisation of your incorrect assumption.. oh well.. I know the truth.. I only said that MY deliveries have always been a week or two at most and usually less if I pay EMS.. why would I lie?

I even posted Proof of my most recent purchase.. Sorry if deliveries to your address take much longer but that is neither my problem nor my concern.. My deliveries arrive fast.

yes,I always defend Hobbyking strongly.. because I am sick of salespeople in Hobbyshops telling newcomers to this great Hobby that Hobbyking products are JUNK.. I hear it all the time and I have heard so many outright lies and uninformed comments that steer newcomers into paying several hundred dollars and even Thousands of dollars more than they have to.

I have nothing against an $800 Gaui Helicopter, in fact I have two of them.. but there is NOway I would have spent that much money and risked crashing them when learning..

Thanks to Hobbyking and their inexpensive yet totally reliable helicopters I was able to start with 450 Helis and learn to fly with these inexpensive models to the point where I was happy to buy a more expensive Heli..

I will maintain that if you are starting out in RC helicopters, the best way to learn is with a cheap HK Helicopter that can and will allow you to learn to fly without risking big dollars and without costing a fortune to repair each time you crash..

Once you can fly competently then spend whatever you want on the brand names..

I have had awesome experience with Hobbyking and what is the problem in posting the truth? I don't call you a liar because you had a few bad experiences with them..

I don't call anyone a liar if they say they had a bad experience with HK.. but my experiences have all been Excellent and I post that for the benefit of those newcomers to the hobby, they can make their own choices, some will have good experiences, some will have bad but thats life.

However I will call someone a Liar if they make general comments like "All Hobbyking Helicopters are Junk and will fall apart in the first 10 flights" I know that is not true becaue I have several HK Helicopters with well over 1000 flights each and they have been Perfectly reliable every flight.

Proof here... www.youtube.com/watch

Yes, I have heard Hobbyshop people say that.. yet here is the proof they are wrong.. I won't comment on anything I have no experience with.. I have 3 years and over 6000 flights with HK helicopters so I feel somewhat qualified to comment on them..

My HK Helis.. again proof I am not talking out of my A**E www.youtube.com/watch

You really should make sure you have PROOF before you accuse anyone online.. I knew nothing about the $100 club and I know my truth, so when you accused me of being part of the $100 club it just made you look silly in my eyes because you are completely wrong.

Here is a vid of one of my HK Helicopters.. I made this video just after I listened to a Hobbyshop sales person completely criticise and tell outright lies about Hobbyking to a potential customer who had mentioned them as an option..

Spend $500 on a beginners helicopter if you want.. It doesn't worry me.. but you can learn just as well on a $100 HK Heli.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-JuDImubU[/youtube]

Your post about the time it takes to receive products doesn't prove HK is bad.. it just proves that deliveries to your address take a long time if you don't pay for EMS..

The comment about your test proving ALL HK deliveries are slow is just outright ridiculous..

If you don't beleive some people in Australia have HK deliveries within a few days that is not my problem because Iknow it is true..

PS.. Shakespeare is spelled with an E on the end..

Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 AM
topspin

[quote]ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Your post about the time it takes to receive products doesn't prove HK is bad.. it just proves that deliveries to your address take a long time if you don't pay for EMS..

The comment about your test proving ALL HK deliveries are slow is just outright ridiculous..

If you don't beleive some people in Australia have HK deliveries within a few days that is not my problem because I know it is true..

PS.. Shakespeare is spelled with an E on the end..

All of the shills claiming under two week delivery are in the US so they are simply full of it. As for the postal time, I don't have a problem with that, I have a probelm with HK holding on to my goods and my money for 7 days or more. One time they held my order for 14 days even though they were paid within 30 seconds of my placing the order.

I don't care what happens in Australia I don't live there and the only reason they like that sink hole is because they don't have any hobby shops. Lastly if you want to toss your money don a rat hole on substandard junk be my guest. When I do buy cheap stuff I get it at Heads Up RC, $2.00 shipping and they ship same day. They also answer the pnone and can address technical questions, try that with Hobby King. Spend that hundred bucks wisely.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Rob2160

All of the shills claiming under two week delivery are in the US so they are simply full of it. As for the postal time, I don't have a problem with that, I have a probelm with HK holding on to my goods and my money for 7 days or more. One time they held my order for 14 days even though they were paid within 30 seconds of my placing the order.

I don't care what happens in Australia I don't live there and the only reason they like that sink hole is because they don't have any hobby shops. Lastly if you want to toss your money don a rat hole on substandard junk be my guest. When I do buy cheap stuff I get it at Heads Up RC, $2.00 shipping and they ship same day. They also answer the pnone and can address technical questions, try that with Hobby King. Spend that hundred bucks wisely.
LOL.. Australia a Sink Hole.. thanks for showing us how completely uninformed you really are...

Look at any list of the top ten cities in the World and Australia has more cities in the top ten than any other country in the world. .

www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9477990/The-worlds-10-best-cities-to-live-in.html

1. Auckland New Zealand
2. Perth AUSTRALIA
3. Helsinki, Finland
4. Sydney AUSTRALIA (my home town)
5. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
6 Calgary, CANADA
7. Toronto, CANADA
8. Vancouver, CANADA
9. Vienna, Austria
10. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA...

4 out of the top ten in Australia

Funny, but I didn't see Sterling VA anywhere on that list?

You probably haven't even visited Australia so your comment has zero credibility...

You say there are no Hobbyshops in Australia? And you know this how?? Do you want a list....??

I have visited the USA 14 times and have travelled coast to coast several times.. Its a great country, no doubt, I love visiting and touring there..

But nothing beats flying back home, seeing the Harbour Bridge, the opera house and smelling the sweet Eucalyptus air..

If you still beleive I am part of the $100 buck club.. I give up.. Intelligent people reading these forums can see the truth...

Do you actually beleive that NOBODY in the USA gets HK deliveries in under 2 weeks? There must be thousands of orders every month.. how could you possibly make a comment like that.??

Anyway.. enjoy your Hobby, If Hobbyking doesn't work for you the only advice I can give you is don't use them..

PS... RCKEN, I know this has drifted off topic, but don't close it down please.. if someone accuses me of an untruth and criticises the country I love, then I should have the right of rebuttal..

My next posts will be directly back on topic..

Here's two for the Aussies...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6lWArihfm0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57QEEl97po[/youtube]

Old 06-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only real gripe I have ever had about HK is parts availability which is not an issue support seems to be able to handle. I don't think they eat plastic and defecate parts.[]

I have a foam/electric P-38 that was poorly designed (or built) in that the nose gear constantly fail(ed) on roll out due to improper length of the servo pushrod. What that means is when I landed, about 95% of the time the nose gear collapsed and the props hit the ground even though the mains stayed down. Worse was the clevis that broke when I tried to adjust it. The rod is way smaller than 1/16th and threaded, so I got a Klett clevis, filled it with 30 minute epoxy and put it on the rod still wet. After it set up, I have some created threads and was able to lengthen the effective throw at the gear and engage the downlocks. That worked for a while. The last time I flew it in October the nose gear failed on roll out which suggests that I might need to address it again. I will when and if I have reason to believe I will be able to fly the airplane again.

Right now my P-38 has been hanging up since October because the old props are too badly damaged to even try to fly and the new props have been on back order since then and there is NO evidence they will ever exist.

Yes, there are other things that went not good but given the cost I simply ate them. A RX for
Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not had such good luck with their 24/7 chat... I was waiting one day for 45 minutes for someone to respond.

The next day it took me an hour to complete an order because the payment system balked on me... the 24/7 chat is very slow for me.

I have not had any other problems with HobbyKing... I realize others have. I NEVER ORDER ANYTHING THAT IS BACKORDERED. When an item is out of stock, I have them send me an e-mail message when it is back in stock. Look for this feature on each item's page.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I wasn't going to post here at all, considering the overwhelming number of RCU folks who call users of HK unspeakable-names and low-lifes for being anything from un-patriotic to blasphemous for daring to use a Chinese hobby supplier.I know Rob2160 ; his word is beyond reproach in my book. He is a person of integrity *AND* objectivity.Today, I received order number 71 from HK. Four days from online order to door (US warehouse).I have had ONE order with a parts issue - something left out of a box - yes, it took quite a while, but using the online support system, and playing by HK's "rules", it worked out.I have had two orders with payment issues where confirmations/credits didn't match up.....ONE on line customer service chat session, and both were fixed within two days.I am on a fixed income. I like to buy what I believe is the best value/quality/performance/reliability for my $$. There are similar US distributors I buy from using the very same criterion. There are sometimes issues with those companies also.I am not attempting to sway anyone's opinion about HK, as I know that is a futile effort for those who are not influenced by others' experiences.I am hopeful that guys would give others the benefit of the doubt about their honesty before discrediting their opinions and experiences.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There seems to always be haters. Hobby king destroyed my life guys that paid for the slowest shipping and bought the cheapest products. Of course there are cheap things there... there are also nice things that do not cost an arm and a leg there. I am not a shill I am a guy who is budgeted and needs to find the best prices when i do have a few bucks to get something. I too have ordered many orders from them. I believe 27 separate orders to date. Recently I made a double order half from china and half from the USA warehouse on the coast. I have always been surprised at the speed of things getting here from China. I have NEVER had to wait beyond 2 weeks for anything from there. On the other hand this order I am talking about. The stuff from China was here in 4 days..... the stuff from the USA warehouse?  8 days.

No matter where I order from in the USA other than Graves RC and hobbypartz.com things constantly take longer and have issues with correct orders being sent.  I am not a HK spokesman but am a loyal customer. Of all the things I have ordered the only failure were 2 orange servo's.  I got them replaced by contacting HK in China and they had me send the receivers to the USA warehouse and immediately replaced them for me. You cannot beat that. Sure there are problems. Any business with that much volume will have issues. If every guy that ordered from them had problems they would be out of business. When you claim hundreds complain look closer. Maybe yes maybe it is the same few constantly complaining over and over about a plane the postal system crushed 5 or 6 years ago and still want to blame someone and refuse to let go of the fact that the postal services not HK caused that issue.

Just stop using them if it is a problem. If you do a "shipping test" then do a real one. Order and ship the slowest and the fastest way and see the time difference. Then do the same here. send something media mail across the country and send something priority at the same time. Of course one will be within 3 days and the other in a few weeks to a month or more. 
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
dmoody19

Very nice Rob. Nice heli as well. take care and keep up the great ordering and I will too. Fact is I am sure they have snafu's there is no business on the planet that does not have them. Considering the volume of business the actual complaint ratios are not nearly as high as some would have us believe. I remember the 60's and 70's and how we Americans sat back claiming to be the best in the world in the automaking businesses. Then came the boxes and junkers from the late 70's and 80's. (oops showing my age) It was a shock to us when Japan all of a sudden became the biggest car industry and we were left in the hole. Now they pick on China yet it is China that keeps lending us money because we cannot get politicians that will fix the problems we have. Only one in my lifetime actually balanced the budget and made a surplus and he did it his first term... China is improving all the time and if we aren't careful we will be in the dust again... instead of complaining maybe the haters need to get together, put their money where their mouths are and build a USA company that can compete with them??? Oh... wait..... to do that we have to buy our parts from... you guessed it... China, the motherboards and electronics from Taiwan and the rest from Korea and Japan... just like we do right now for everything from our planes to our cars and trucks and computers etc.....

Maybe the problem is us. ??? Don't get me wrong and before you people call me unAmerican you need to know I am a 100% disabled vet service connected, I vote and i love this country. Make us proud. instead of pointing fingers do something to make things better yourselves... get together and start a similar business like HK. Then I will order from you and let the China guys complain because our shipping sucks and we have cheap parts lol...
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 PM
[email protected]

to each his own
Old 06-24-2013, 03:30 PM
dmoody19

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Topspin,

Me thinks this is one of those threads. Ever notice that everyone from Australia thinks HK is the best thing since buttered bread? You test disproved all the claims of 2 week shipping.

You are joking right? one guy with one order for the slowest type of shipping proved nothing at all. lol

Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
dmoody19

Just went online to find out how many real complaints against HK USA. in the lat 3 years there have been a total yes total of 50. that's just over 16 a year. WOW! now that is amazing. Shows the few continue to complain but considering the tens of thousands of orders a year that they process here this is amazing. It gives a 99 plus percent customer happy number.....
THE BBB gives them an F why? because they aren't a member of the BBB and they have no info on how big or how long HK has been in business plus those complaints.  so... if you refuse to pay the bbb to be a member you get an F..... talk about communism sneaking up on us..... :-)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The BBB does not give you an F for not belonging... they give you an F for not responding to their complaint and handling the complaint through the BBB. I am sure HK does not want to deal with a third party, but that is part of doing business here in the states. 19 really is a lot of complaints, considering most people never file a BBB complaint. Only the really pissed off people will take the time to do that.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

I wasn't going to post here at all, considering the overwhelming number of RCU folks who call users of HK unspeakable-names and low-lifes for being anything from un-patriotic to blasphemous for daring to use a Chinese hobby supplier...........................I am on a fixed income. I like to buy what I believe is the best value/quality/performance/reliability for my $$.

First, This is not aimed at Bob.

And second, HK is not a Chinese Hobby Supplier, HK is owned by an Austrailian operating in China so he is out of reach for litigation for patent infrigment, copywrite violations, Consumer Rights violations and Labor Laws. If you don't know his name, it's Anthony Hand. Most of his products are cheap knock offs of quality made products engineered and designed right here in the U.S. However, being in China, he's untouchable by US law.

So keep sending your money to him, and screwing your fellow countrymen and then one of the days when you need a part today, and your local hobby shop is gone, just pat your self on the back. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

His products are cheap and very unreliable. 2 bad receivers out of 12 is not quality.

Frank

Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
[email protected]

i try to buy all american but it is hard to get from the usa what you really need
Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 PM
ssautter

Hobbyking actually encouraged me to return a defective item through their online chat service.
I returned a Nine Eagles powered-glider, to the USA Warehouse, and received store credit for the defective item.
It was the first faulty product I have ever received from any Hobbyking warehouse. No big deal....
Yes, I ate the return shipping costs; but, I also ordered a replacement item, before receiving the RMA #.

For the noobs in this forum, I do recommend Horizon Hobby's excellent customer service, and a local hobby shop.
But, I fly and race too darn much these days, to sit at home and talk to a customer service representative, over the phone!
Hobbyking's direct-distribution model is my preference now, because I no longer care to associate with the peanut gallery.

I'd rather be flying.....

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dmoody19
SNIP..

Maybe the problem is us. ??? Don't get me wrong and before you people call me unAmerican you need to know I am a 100% disabled vet service connected, I vote and i love this country. Make us proud. instead of pointing fingers do something to make things better yourselves... get together and start a similar business like HK.
I agree 100% but there is a basic problem with that idea. The governments (local, state, and federal) all want to control how you do business, who you can hire, what you can pay them and what they must have for benefits.

Last time I priced it out the dude getting $10/hour was COSTING me $17.83 per hour with all the benefits REQUIRED BY LAW and that was well BEFORE the latest horror story of a law referred to as 'Obamacare' which has raised insurance rates and very significantly reduced the available monies folks can put aside into Flexible Health Care Accounts. That one will end up costing the common man big bucks, but the nation kisses the idea of something for "free"[:@]

SNIP. . HK is not a Chinese Hobby Supplier, HK is owned by an Austrailian operating in China so he is out of reach for litigation for patent infrigment, copywrite violations, Consumer Rights violations and Labor Laws. If you don't know his name, it's Anthony Hand. Most of his products are cheap knock offs of quality made products engineered and designed right here in the U.S. However, being in China, he's untouchable by US law.

So keep sending your money to him, and screwing your fellow countrymen and then one of the days when you need a part today, and your local hobby shop is gone, just pat your self on the back. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

His products are cheap and very unreliable. 2 bad receivers out of 12 is not quality.

Frank

Frank I NEVER made any reference about quality rather a comment about planning ahead for known low end stuff. MY comment actually fits more under the label of getting what you paid for.

Now as for your painting Anthony Hand with that big black brush, I am impressed. I have always heard that honorable folks didn't say rude and nasty things about others behind their backs and when on line that meant you had to forward you diatribe to him so he could defend himself. I will assume you did so.

However unlike you, I don't know all the answers but I do know that there are a multitude of products available for less than 50% of what one or two of my LHS's have wanted FOR THE EXACT [ by name brand and mfg number ] ITEM. That kind of suggests to me that there are almost as many dishonorable LHS folks in the business as there are used car salesmen. I had one LHS owner charge me exactly DOUBLE what the Hobby Lobby catalogue showed as retail for an item I asked him to order. That was when I began watching the 'show' of "support your LHS" screamers versus on line or mail order stuff.

When they are reasonable, I do try to support my LHS but there are times when they don't even have, or cannot get, a product much less a competitive product and that is when I order from elsewhere as that is my only choice. Or would you rather we just don't enjoy that portion of the hobby any more?

Please answer that last question because it is very important to all of us.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

I wasn't going to post here at all, considering the overwhelming number of RCU folks who call users of HK unspeakable-names and low-lifes for being anything from un-patriotic to blasphemous for daring to use a Chinese hobby supplier...........................I am on a fixed income. I like to buy what I believe is the best value/quality/performance/reliability for my $$.

First, This is not aimed at Bob.

And second, HK is not a Chinese Hobby Supplier, HK is owned by an Austrailian operating in China so he is out of reach for litigation for patent infrigment, copywrite violations, Consumer Rights violations and Labor Laws. If you don't know his name, it's Anthony Hand. Most of his products are cheap knock offs of quality made products engineered and designed right here in the U.S. However, being in China, he's untouchable by US law.

Frank

Hey Frank,

Wanting to keep this civil, amicable and on topic but I just have to respectfully challenge some of your comments...

Saying his products are very unreliable... Have you bought and personally tested every single product he sells?

That would be the only way your comment could be credible..

I am a Platinum HK customer and I would NEVER say all HK products are perfect and reliable, that would be ridiculous because they sell thousands of items and I have only purchased a small percentage.

However I can say from my own personal experience with the more than 500 items I have purchased from HK that they have been extremely reliable, even far surpasssing my original expectation based on the very cheap prices.

In over 500 items only one lipo battery came with one cell showing low voltage, however a few cycles on a balancer and it came good. That battery is still going well in a 450 Heli...

So I challenge your comment....

If you said SOME of his products are unreliable I would totally agree with you. And you can see the unreliable products by reading the customer reviews associated with each product. I research everything I buy thoroughly and will not buy a HK product or any product that has bad customer reviews.

This technique works for me and is why I can honestly claim that all my HK purchases are amazingly reliable... And a bargain to boot.

How many HK items have YOU personally bought that are unreliable, ? That is a fair question?

Back the HK owner, I actually didn't know he was Australian, but why criticise a man for having business smarts...

Would you deny some astute businessmen in the USA also have offshore bank accounts to avoid US law? The odd cliche 'Swiss Bank Account?'

Perhap here is another perspective because you seem upset that he is untouchable by US law...

Maybe that is a good thing because of the litiguous nature of the USA society... I am constantly amazed by the television commercials for medication in the USA and how they list each and every possible side effect... I havent seen that in any other country in the world.

Personally that culture would scare the hell out of me if I was looking for a country to establish a new business..

Here is another perspective. If a Canadian Businessman set up business in the USA is he untouchable by Chinese Law?

Is he untouchable by Russian or Australian Law? So Mr Hand deciding to setup Business in China is not a personal vendetta to undermine the USA economy, but simply a business decision where he can make the most profit with the least legal grief or risk of litigation...

Don't criticise him for being smart.

It is a world economy now and each country must adapt to survive.

I will happily send money to China because they buy Billions of Tons of Australian Iron ore each year and that single industry virtually protected Australia from the GFC.

I often joke that my HK helis started life as a pile of red dirt in the Australian Desert.

In return I get products that I beleive are good value for money. Why would I buy essentially the same products from countries that are priced much higher?

I have also bought thousands of dollars of hobby products from the USA, many radios transmitters and other products... But here is the clincher...

I bought these items and sent my dollars to the USA ONLY because the cheap HK helicopters got me totally hooked on RC Helicopters and without HK I certainly would not have bought these items from USA hobbyshops.. Thereby actually boosting your economy.

So in my individual Case, HK has only influenced me in a way that BENEFITS the USA economy and I know I am not the only one... I know many other Aussies who also buy regularly from the USA to complement purchases from Hobbyking.

Do you really beleive that all HK products are Junk? Every single item? A fair question based on your comments.

Ps sorry for the obvious typos.. I typed this out quickly on the ipad as I didnt have much time.. I will come back and correct later tonight when home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.